Request for Review: Our Name was Maja

Nominate a webcomic for review here. You may suggest your own comic.

Request for Review: Our Name was Maja

Postby ninaqueenbee » July 15th, 2017, 12:20 pm

Hello,

My name is Nina, and for nearly a year and a half I've been working on my webcomic, Our Name was Maja: http://ournamewasmaja.smackjeeves.com/

It's about a girl, Maja, who her entire life has lived with two souls in her body, Anya and Dolores, who are opposites but love each other. When Maja dies, Anya is sent to heaven and Dolores is sent to hell. The comic narrates their attempts to reunite in order to be together again.

It has nearly 70 pages and has been going on for a while. I personally find the plot interesting and I've been working on it for a long time (in my standards), yet it only has 16 fans and not many readers. I'm here asking you if you can help me figure out why. I've slowly been improving - the art near the current end/update point and the beginning has improved quite a bit - and I've spent the last year in an art school, so I'm used to critique, but all my personal friends would only say that they like the comic and don't know why it doesn't get attention (I don't think it's bad luck), but of course I don't think they would be 100% honest with me bc they're my friends.

So please let me know what you like and dislike about the comic. If you want I can give a return critique of your comics, if it helps motivate you.

Thank you in advance
ninaqueenbee

Return to Nominations for Review