Advertising Launch Promo

The latest happenings on Smack Jeeves
Forum rules
Please stay on-topic when responding to news posts.

Re: Advertising Launch Promo

Postby eishiya » June 1st, 2018, 9:30 pm

Respheal wrote:Also the billing of it is a little confusing. Is it supposed to bill for the $10 budgeted for the campaign up front? I haven't seen the charge for that yet so not sure?

In the Advertiser terms, it says you get charged whenever your unpaid fees reach "your charge threshold", or after 20 days of having an outstanding balance. I don't see anywhere to set the threshold though :T

Not seeing the campaign stats update in real time is a bummer, but hopefully it won't be so bad once our campaigns have all been running a while.
eishiya

Postby Admin » June 1st, 2018, 9:34 pm

Respheal wrote:Questions from first day of use:

The UI is really nice, but I'm not sure if my bid's working or not? I see my ad on SJ's front page, so I assume it is, but

Spoiler! :

halp xD All of the stat-showing things have only 5/31 available for reporting, so maybe it's just not showing today's data until today closes out?

Also the billing of it is a little confusing. Is it supposed to bill for the $10 budgeted for the campaign up front? I haven't seen the charge for that yet so not sure?

Thanks for the feedback. Will need to make the interface/process clearer.

To answer your questions:
1) Correct, stats are only reported for previous days. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the stats for today.
2) You're not billed up front for campaigns (we wanted to do that, but apparently that's a no-no for payment processors). Instead, you're billed as-you-go based on a dynamic charge threshold. Generally, the system aims to charge you once per day, but the minimum payment is $10. So you're charged every time you meet your charge threshold or after 20 days of non-payment if you owe a balance.

EDIT: Just added a Billing FAQ which explains billing in more detail: https://bidglass.freshdesk.com/support/ ... rs-billed-
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Campion » June 2nd, 2018, 7:29 am

eishiya wrote:
Respheal wrote:Also the billing of it is a little confusing. Is it supposed to bill for the $10 budgeted for the campaign up front? I haven't seen the charge for that yet so not sure?

In the Advertiser terms, it says you get charged whenever your unpaid fees reach "your charge threshold", or after 20 days of having an outstanding balance. I don't see anywhere to set the threshold though :T

It seems weird to know that instead of using pre-paid funds, the site is instead running off credit, or a promise to pay. Yes, people have their cards on file, but that's not a guarantee that payment will be made.
Campion

Postby Admin » June 2nd, 2018, 10:37 am

Campion wrote:
eishiya wrote:

It seems weird to know that instead of using pre-paid funds, the site is instead running off credit, or a promise to pay. Yes, people have their cards on file, but that's not a guarantee that payment will be made.

There are some other large self-serve advertising services that operate in this way, for example Reddit and Facebook ads. It seems to work for them, so I would hope it works just fine for us as well.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoKeR » June 2nd, 2018, 11:47 am

Admin wrote:There are some other large self-serve advertising services that operate in this way, for example Reddit and Facebook ads. It seems to work for them, so I would hope it works just fine for us as well.

I just need a possibility to pay then it could work for me as well ;)

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby eishiya » June 11th, 2018, 11:49 am

Does Project Wonderful shutting down mean that the bid.glass ads are going to be displayed in place of PW sooner rather than later?
eishiya

Postby Admin » June 11th, 2018, 3:49 pm

I'm just working on getting a few necessary features up and running first. Obviously we'll be making the transition before PW shuts down. Optimistically by the end of next week.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoKeR » June 14th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Admin wrote:I'm just working on getting a few necessary features up and running first.

PayPal?

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Admin » June 22nd, 2018, 2:17 am

JoKeR wrote:
Admin wrote:I'm just working on getting a few necessary features up and running first.

PayPal?

Not quite yet, more like making sure everything is running smoothly and adding little things that are needed like notifications and forgot password functionality, re-sending validation emails, that kind of thing.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » June 25th, 2018, 5:52 am

FYI, we've switched over all Project Wonderful ad units to Bid Glass ad units. Ad traffic should go up fairly significantly starting today.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » July 1st, 2018, 1:29 am

Thanks to everyone who participated in our launch promotion! Everyone who ended up placing bids this month qualified for the $50 promotional credit which as been distributed. Thanks for helping to make our launch a success and we welcome any feedback you may have about the platform!

Edit: Triple post. Shame on me!
Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News