[Beta] New Uploader

The latest happenings on Smack Jeeves
Forum rules
Please stay on-topic when responding to news posts.

Re: [Beta] New Uploader

Postby starfishey » December 31st, 2018, 6:30 pm

SmackJeeves went from my least favorite platform to post my comic to my new favorite platform! Love the ability to add comments directly to each page when bulk uploading also LOVE the applied schedule. Great update!
starfishey

Postby AlkseeyaKC » January 4th, 2019, 10:45 am

I really liked the new uploader. I love how easy you make things for the artist. I wish all the other places would consider this. T^T

The only problem - and it's not your fault- I accidentally uploaded over 100 pages 1 month ahead of what they should be posting it. I don't feel like taking the time to fix all that. XD;
AlkseeyaKC

Postby smbhax » January 17th, 2019, 12:47 am

I finally worked up the courage to try it. = o

Worked well! The ending, as others have mentioned, could use some UI tweaks. When I clicked the "Upload" button, nothing happened to tell me I had clicked it and that things were uploading; I just had to stare at it, wondering if I'd actually hit it, until the links under the button changed to signify it had worked--I was on the verge of giving up and clicking it a second time; I wonder what that would have done. : o

So yeah it would be nice if the button would change while the upload is working, and then if more of the page would change after it completed, so it was easy to tell--basically, I don't want the upload fields I just uploaded to be still sitting there staring expectantly at me, I might get confused and think I still needed to upload them (again). And at the moment I particularly miss there being no readily available link to check the new page on the comic--now, since you're still at the bottom of the upload page, you have to scroll back up to the top of the page before you can find the "View Site" link to the comic.

Ah, and the pop-up message that appears after an upload is in the way and not very helpful.
smbhax

Postby Kyulein » January 19th, 2019, 4:15 am

I used the new uploader a couple of times now and like the workflow for uploading and scheduling pages.

I agree with those who said the post-upload UI needs a bit of a tweak to be more transparent that everything is indeed uploaded.

And as somebody who schedules a few pages in advance and doesn't always remember how far I got, I'd appreciate a small hint of which pages have been uploaded before on top? Just the page title would be helpful. I don't know if that's stretching the UI a bit too much or not.
Kyulein

Postby Gibson Twist » February 8th, 2019, 1:08 am

I just had the chance to use this bulk uploader for the first time and it is fantastic. Kind of a jaw-dropping level of improvement over the old method. The day-of-the-week select option is an excellent addition, loading multiple pages at once is a huge time saver, and being able to post comments is just chef's kiss. I'm sure it cut my posting time by two-thirds, maybe more. Also, Rori was watching me use it and when it started uploading each page and popping up the little check mark and scrolling to the next, we practically broke out the popcorn it was so much fun. This is a truly excellent upgrade, thank you so much.
Gibson Twist

Previous

Return to News