Advertising Launch Promo

The latest happenings on Smack Jeeves
Forum rules
Please stay on-topic when responding to news posts.

Advertising Launch Promo

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 10:27 am

Hey guys!

The advertising platform I've been working on, Bid Glass, is finally ready for the first phase of live testing!

You can see our advertising page here: https://bid.glass/smackjeeves.com

Get $50 Promotional Credit
First off, let me announce that during the month of June, if you spend $10 or more on advertising on Smack Jeeves using Bid Glass, you'll receive $50 of additional advertising credit on your account towards future advertising. All you have to do is meet the spending goal of $10 in the month of June and at the end of the month I'll distribute $50 bonus credit to everyone who qualified.

Launch Plan
The platform is going to launch in two phases. In the first phase, Bid Glass and Project Wonderful are going to run together while we introduce people to the new platform and work out any kinks that might need to worked out. In the second phase, all Project Wonderful ads are going to be replaced with Bid Glass. The second phase should begin some time in the next 2-6 weeks.

Again, you can check out our advertising page here: https://bid.glass/smackjeeves.com

Happy bidding, and let me know if you have any questions!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advertising Launch Promo

Postby eishiya » May 31st, 2018, 11:53 am

Congrats on the launch! I hope it does well for you. Scheduled a little campaign for June, looking forward to seeing how it goes!

I usually block ads, but I whitelist providers that I trust. What domains do I need to whitelist in my adblockers to see the ads? I've whitelisted bid.glass. There's also amazon-adsystem.com in the list of blocked domains, is that part of the system or something else? I'd rather keep as much of Amazon blocked as I can >>
eishiya

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 12:02 pm

Thanks! Technically you don't need to whitelist bid.glass because if adblock is detected it just serves the ads locally through smackjeeves.com, but sure, that works.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Campion » May 31st, 2018, 12:20 pm

So I signed up, and now I'm waiting on the account verification email. I double-checked my email address, and well, after a couple hours, still no email. I hope this is just a glitch in the automated process.
Campion

Postby eishiya » May 31st, 2018, 12:21 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks! Technically you don't need to whitelist bid.glass because if adblock is detected it just serves the ads locally through smackjeeves.com, but sure, that works.

I also run NoScript xP

Campion wrote:So I signed up, and now I'm waiting on the account verification email. I double-checked my email address, and well, after a couple hours, still no email. I hope this is just a glitch in the automated process.

Check your Spam folder. That's where my verification email was.
eishiya

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 12:22 pm

Campion wrote:So I signed up, and now I'm waiting on the account verification email. I double-checked my email address, and well, after a couple hours, still no email. I hope this is just a glitch in the automated process.

Sorry about that. Did you check your spam folder? Our domain is very new and spam filters treat new domains very skeptically :cry: Let me know if you don't get it and I'll manually activate your account.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 12:24 pm

eishiya wrote:I also run NoScript xP

Well in that case you might not see any ads unless you enable JS on smackjeeves.com (although I'm guessing you've already done that as I do think you were able to see the ads during the previous phase).
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Respheal » May 31st, 2018, 12:27 pm

Very nice! :D I'm currently waiting on the email verification. Nothing in the spam folder, but I'll give it a few hours.
Respheal

Postby eishiya » May 31st, 2018, 12:30 pm

Admin wrote:
eishiya wrote:I also run NoScript xP

Well in that case you might not see any ads unless you enable JS on smackjeeves.com (although I'm guessing you've already done that as I do think you were able to see the ads during the previous phase).

I have SJ and bid.glass whitelisted, and I've disabled AdBlock Plus on SJ entirely, but I'm seeing white boxes. Here's a screenshot, along with my NoScript settings.

Edit: Looking at the code. Why is the JS code in the 728x90 adbox calling the bid.glass JS with adsize=300x250?
eishiya

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 12:33 pm

eishiya wrote:I have SJ and bid.glass whitelisted, and I've disabled AdBlock Plus on SJ entirely, but I'm seeing white boxes. Here's a screenshot, along with my NoScript settings.

I'm gonna guess that's probably because there are no current running ads, although technically in that case you should be seeing clear through to the background. Maybe try blacklisting bid.glass again lol
Admin
Site Admin

Postby eishiya » May 31st, 2018, 12:35 pm

Admin wrote:
eishiya wrote:I have SJ and bid.glass whitelisted, and I've disabled AdBlock Plus on SJ entirely, but I'm seeing white boxes. Here's a screenshot, along with my NoScript settings.

I'm gonna guess that's probably because there are no current running ads, although technically in that case you should be seeing clear through to the background. Maybe try blacklisting bid.glass again lol

It's showing w.gif (a single opaque white pixel) stretched to fill the size of the box, hence the white xP You can see the code for it in my edit link above.
eishiya

Postby Campion » May 31st, 2018, 12:39 pm

Admin wrote:

Sorry about that. Did you check your spam folder? Our domain is very new and spam filters treat new domains very skeptically :cry: Let me know if you don't get it and I'll manually activate your account.

That was it! You might want to make note of that.

Also, I'm up and running!
Campion

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 12:41 pm

Respheal wrote:Very nice! :D I'm currently waiting on the email verification. Nothing in the spam folder, but I'll give it a few hours.

Ah, mail delivery does seem a bit slow. I'll start looking into ways I might be able to speed that up, not sure what's causing the delay at the moment.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby kayotics » May 31st, 2018, 12:48 pm

Congrats!

Somewhat related: I've had some redirects for MacKeeper on my computer when going on Smackjeeves. It might be one of the ads? (It COULD be my computer, but it is only when I'm on Smackjeeves that I see these redirects)
kayotics

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 12:48 pm

Campion wrote:
Admin wrote:

That was it! You might want to make note of that.

Also, I'm up and running!

Awesome! Congrats and thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to News