Advertising Launch Promo

The latest happenings on Smack Jeeves
Forum rules
Please stay on-topic when responding to news posts.

Re: Advertising Launch Promo

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 12:51 pm

kayotics wrote:Congrats!

Somewhat related: I've had some redirects for MacKeeper on my computer when going on Smackjeeves. It might be one of the ads? (It COULD be my computer, but it is only when I'm on Smackjeeves that I see these redirects)

That might be due to our normal advertising. Unfortunately these kinds of redirects get snuck into legitimate advertising networks by malicious users. We'll be reviewing our ad partners over the next few weeks and probably cutting out a few of the smaller ones to hopefully minimize the number of ad sources we're dealing with which should reduce these occurences.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Respheal » May 31st, 2018, 4:07 pm

Admin wrote:
Respheal wrote:Very nice! :D I'm currently waiting on the email verification. Nothing in the spam folder, but I'll give it a few hours.

Ah, mail delivery does seem a bit slow. I'll start looking into ways I might be able to speed that up, not sure what's causing the delay at the moment.

No go on the email receiving unfortunately (in spam or otherwise). Is there a way to have the email resent? I might try again with a different email address.
Respheal

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 4:12 pm

Currently working on integrating an email delivery service so we can avoid these delivery problems altogether. Stand by.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » May 31st, 2018, 4:34 pm

Okay, I just integrated with an email delivery platform and re-sent your validation email, Respheal. Did you get it?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Respheal » May 31st, 2018, 7:47 pm

I didn't, sorry D: If needed I can DM you a different one to try that isn't Gmail.
Respheal

Postby kayotics » May 31st, 2018, 9:12 pm

Admin wrote:
kayotics wrote:Congrats!

Somewhat related: I've had some redirects for MacKeeper on my computer when going on Smackjeeves. It might be one of the ads? (It COULD be my computer, but it is only when I'm on Smackjeeves that I see these redirects)

That might be due to our normal advertising. Unfortunately these kinds of redirects get snuck into legitimate advertising networks by malicious users. We'll be reviewing our ad partners over the next few weeks and probably cutting out a few of the smaller ones to hopefully minimize the number of ad sources we're dealing with which should reduce these occurences.

Good to know! Thanks!
kayotics

Postby eishiya » June 1st, 2018, 6:44 am

Aay my ads are up <3 Let's see how quickly I go broke.

My campaign has 3 different banners, but I keep only seeing the first one on the site. Is that just bad luck, or a derp?
eishiya

Postby Admin » June 1st, 2018, 9:27 am

eishiya wrote:Aay my ads are up <3 Let's see how quickly I go broke.

My campaign has 3 different banners, but I keep only seeing the first one on the site. Is that just bad luck, or a derp?

That was indeed a derp. Thanks for participating in the beta! :mrgreen:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Glueckskeks » June 1st, 2018, 9:56 am

Admin wrote:
eishiya wrote:Aay my ads are up <3 Let's see how quickly I go broke.

That was indeed a derp. Thanks for participating in the beta! :mrgreen:

I've seen two different Black Dram banners just now, so seems like it is indeed fixed :D

Other question: Is this advertising platform limited to webcomic ads or could you also advertise other things, such as, say your art commissions or online shop? (I don't have anything to advertise currently, but for future reference)
Glueckskeks

Postby Admin » June 1st, 2018, 10:08 am

Glueckskeks wrote:Other question: Is this advertising platform limited to webcomic ads or could you also advertise other things, such as, say your art commissions or online shop? (I don't have anything to advertise currently, but for future reference)

Sure, you can advertise other things, as long as it's not way off base. The examples you mentioned would be perfectly welcome.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoKeR » June 1st, 2018, 12:21 pm

@Admin ...I see only credit card billing. I don't have one and I won't get one.
Isn't there a possibility to pay with paypal?

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Admin » June 1st, 2018, 1:51 pm

JoKeR wrote:@Admin ...I see only credit card billing. I don't have one and I won't get one.
Isn't there a possibility to pay with paypal?

PayPal is likely the next payment source we will add, but according to them you'll need to choose either a credit card or a bank account as your funding source. Consequently, we'll likely add bank accounts as a funding source through Stripe as well.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoKeR » June 1st, 2018, 6:08 pm

Admin wrote:but according to them you'll need to choose either a credit card or a bank account as your funding source.

That's not a problem. Most artists have already a paypal account.

For Credit Cards: I don't even know if those things would work for people outside the US. But paypal works international, I suppose.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby eishiya » June 1st, 2018, 6:18 pm

JoKeR wrote:
Admin wrote:but according to them you'll need to choose either a credit card or a bank account as your funding source.

That's not a problem. Most artists have already a paypal account.

For Credit Cards: I don't even know if those things would work for people outside the US. But paypal works international, I suppose.

Stripe, which is what bid glass uses, accepts non-US cards too.
eishiya

Postby Respheal » June 1st, 2018, 9:07 pm

Questions from first day of use:

The UI is really nice, but I'm not sure if my bid's working or not? I see my ad on SJ's front page, so I assume it is, but

Spoiler! :

halp xD All of the stat-showing things have only 5/31 available for reporting, so maybe it's just not showing today's data until today closes out?

Also the billing of it is a little confusing. Is it supposed to bill for the $10 budgeted for the campaign up front? I haven't seen the charge for that yet so not sure?
Respheal

PreviousNext

Return to News