Steven Universe

Steven Universe

Postby Randumbz » November 5th, 2013, 8:49 am

This show has been pretty cool so far. The animation is really good and I liked te second episode from the premiere yesterday.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Re: Steven Universe

Postby Randumbz » November 5th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby robybang » November 5th, 2013, 11:10 pm

I saw it. I thought it was really good, showing all the influence from Adventure Time while still standing as it's own series. My only thing I would have changed is airing the second part of the episode first and vice versa. The second part establishes why Steven is part of the team and is considered "an important part of the team" while being considered "useless" for not being able to call his weapon on demand. The way it was aired, I got this eerie feel from how everyone on the team liked Steven hanging around with him for no established reason, like how in Half-Life 2 everyone you meet acts like you've known them all your life and what a conversationalist you are despite never seeing or talking to them before. That's probably Cartoon Network's fault though, since they're known to sometimes air episodes out of order.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Sonic-ock » November 5th, 2013, 11:57 pm

the best
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby Vitotamito » November 5th, 2013, 11:58 pm

I was impressed with the animation and especially the backgrounds. But the writing of the show seemed flat and forced.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby gun21 » November 7th, 2013, 3:03 pm

I liked what I've watched so far.

It got me interested in Rebecca Sugar. I found her tumblr and was amazed by this amazing post

I had a One Piece dream last night, that I was Usopp, and I overheard a guy conspiring to hurt Luffy. I tried to play it cool and quietly sabotage him, but then I couldn’t stand it anymore and I grabbed him and awkwardly beat him up on the floor while crying and saying that Luffy is my captain and the greatest guy I know.

<3
gun21

Postby mosama » November 7th, 2013, 3:41 pm

It's literally the most adorable cartoon I've ever seen. I had the theme song on repeat for like 2 hours yesterday. The art & animation is beautiful, the characters are neat, the idea of a little boy with these 3 girl superheroes is like the gayest story ever and I love it for that I wish I had this cartoon in my childhood. The writing hasn't impressed me yet but I gotta remember this is aimed at kids and not at my demographic.
mosama

Postby TheTC » November 16th, 2013, 12:43 pm

I'm just going to say it -- this show is awesome!I've fallen in love with the characters, and even though I'd like to identify with Pearl, I'm the most like Amythest (no idea how to spell it). They are the coolest, and i especially like Laser Light Cannon and Together Breakfast.
TheTC

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » February 18th, 2014, 9:08 pm

i only seen this show like twice but i really like it. steven kinda really got on my nerves at first but i think im over it now
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby Randumbz » February 18th, 2014, 9:54 pm

My excitement for it has died down a little. The animation is really good and the music is too. I loved the Tiger Millionare episode and the cheeseburger backpack episode. But I feel like the show isn't living up to its potential. They mostly just do mundane stuff and then Steven saves the day in the end. It's weird that three super powered chicks always have to depend on their powerless little brother all the time. I was hoping for crazier battles and a bit of mystery.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Randumbz » February 25th, 2014, 9:27 am

I liked the giant woman episode that came on yesterday. I think it's the best one yet.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby MasterComic » February 25th, 2014, 11:28 am

The theme song is like the catchiest ever.
Cup of Olea is an interactive webcomic. YOU decide what Cliff does!
To play, simply go to the latest page and submit a command! It's easy~
MasterComic

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » February 25th, 2014, 8:11 pm

I really like this show, and I'm really excited to see where it goes over time.
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2015, 6:00 pm

Man, there should really be more love for this show.

Most people were put off by the character designs and Steven, but they really do grow on you the more you get emotionally invested in the characters.
Especially episode 40.

Postby Randumbz » February 10th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Yeah, the show has gotten better over time. I like the episode "Alone Together" the most.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Next

Return to TV & Movies