Netflix (Original Series)

Netflix (Original Series)

Postby Ddraigeneth » April 5th, 2015, 4:04 am

I'm pretty pleased by the amount of content they've been churning out, most of which has been quality stuff so far, as well as buying the rights to series that would otherwise be discontinued. Especially intrigued to see that they've gotten the contract to make a Daredevil series--it certainly can't be worse than the movie, and the trailer actually has me kind of excited. I really like the direction they seem to be moving in as a company, and I think it'll be interesting to see how they develop over the next few years.

Other original series I'm fond of are Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (yay, Tina Fey) and Puss in Boots. I can't say I approve of all of their decisions, but hey, target audiences and all that.

Other items of interest to me: Hemlock Grove, Peaky Blinders, Marco Polo, House of Cards, Lilyhammer, and Orange is the New Black. Also, Turbo FAST and All Hail King Julien have had their moments.
Ddraigeneth

Re: Netflix (Original Series)

Postby gun21 » April 5th, 2015, 4:26 am

I watch and enjoy House of Cards, but that's it really.

My mom borrows my Netflix account to watch Orange is the New Black. I'm not really interested in it though.
gun21

Postby Sonic-ock » April 5th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Really looking forward to Daredevil. also how do you guys feel about Netflix extending the lives of series that were cancelled or ended in their original tv runs. I haven't seen the last two seasons of Trailer Park Boys yet which are Netflix produced, but I've heard mized reviews. People however love how they gave Arrested Development a second life.
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby HABE » April 5th, 2015, 11:56 pm

The first episode of Hemlock Grove gets off to a shaky start, but it turned into a great series. I liked it a lot. I haven't seen the second season yet.
HABE

Postby eishiya » April 6th, 2015, 12:02 am

HABE wrote:The first episode of Hemlock Grove gets off to a shaky start, but it turned into a great series. I liked it a lot. I haven't seen the second season yet.

The second season's weaker and feels less focused, largely because it understandably fails to recapture the mystery of the first season but I liked it enough that I'm looking forward to season 3. /unsolicitedreview
eishiya

Postby Vitotamito » April 6th, 2015, 2:29 am

Turbo Fast was 100000x better than the crappy movie. That show was goddam impressive.

I'd like to see them pour more money into Animated shows.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Ddraigeneth » April 6th, 2015, 4:29 am

Vitotamito wrote:Turbo Fast was 100000x better than the crappy movie. That show was goddam impressive.

I'd like to see them pour more money into Animated shows.

Agreed. I liked the movie, too, but the show has had some great moments. I was hesitant about the first episode until Tito stuck the candy bar in Kim Ly's mouth.
Ddraigeneth

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » April 18th, 2015, 8:47 am

hemlock grove was one of the freakiest things i ever seen. i had to stop watchin when i felt my soul turnin stale. but still a high quality show. theyre all pretty high quality. the unbreakable kimmy schmidt is really funny too
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » April 24th, 2015, 6:54 pm

I've to say I loved Orange is the new black and I'm really looking forward to season 3 (I could gush a bit more but I'll leave it at that), Marco Polo was enjoyable and what seemed a solid show to me, haven't yet watched the last episode (I have a thing about last episodes/chapters/ whatevers) and Daredevil was another solid one, though I've to say that I don't care much for main character (Karen though, and Urich too, yes and yes). Anyway the last two didn't grab me like Orange did and it didn't have to do with genre preferences as I honestly lean more towards those two but they were good.

I also did watch the first episodes of Hemlock Grove but didn't continue and I don't remember why.

But yes, Netflix does put out good content.
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby Nymine » April 25th, 2015, 7:53 am

I am completely smitten with Daredevil and am trying hard not to binge. Like, I do have to bite down on my horribly clingy fan girl because DD is easily my favorite comic anything(tied with Dr. Strange oh my god all my love for Dr. Strange but that partially ties in with my forever love for Vincent Price) and view it objectively? BUT I'm afraid that's all out the window because gangs and seedy underbellies and fat lawyers and turf wars and rampant corruption and vigilantes and STICK. Yes please want more.

EDIT
Ok so I binged it. Am so happy! BUT SPOILERS.
Spoiler! :
I adore Kingpin and Vanessa's relationship. I love over all the handling of Kingpin's character. He's equal parts self righteous martyr, hapless romantic and bloodthirsty psychopath. DAT MALCONTENT SPEECH UNF. I'm interested to see how their marriage gets handled. Does Vanessa still object to his crime relations and force him to choose? Or does she go all in and become the Bonnie to his Clyde?

I'm mildly concerned for Leland! His comic book evolution is absolutely absurd but I love him so much. All my love for the crooked accountants. The elevator fall did look fatal but canonically he is supposed to become a paraplegic. I want him to come back. Even if its without the volcano hidiehole I love the Owl.

MADAME GAOOO. That is All.

So now I'm watching Knights of Sidonia and omg this thing is going to WRECK ME.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Sonic-ock » May 9th, 2015, 10:47 pm

Nymine wrote:
EDIT
Ok so I binged it. Am so happy! BUT SPOILERS.
Spoiler! :
I adore Kingpin and Vanessa's relationship. I love over all the handling of Kingpin's character. He's equal parts self righteous martyr, hapless romantic and bloodthirsty psychopath. DAT MALCONTENT SPEECH UNF. I'm interested to see how their marriage gets handled. Does Vanessa still object to his crime relations and force him to choose? Or does she go all in and become the Bonnie to his Clyde?

I'm mildly concerned for Leland! His comic book evolution is absolutely absurd but I love him so much. All my love for the crooked accountants. The elevator fall did look fatal but canonically he is supposed to become a paraplegic. I want him to come back. Even if its without the volcano hidiehole I love the Owl.

MADAME GAOOO. That is All.

THIS
ImageImageImageImage
Sonic-ock

Postby NitztheBloody » May 9th, 2015, 11:30 pm

No love for Bojack Horseman? One of the most emotionally brutal things I've seen on TV, cartoon about talking animal people or not.
NitztheBloody

Postby cloverthegreat » May 11th, 2015, 2:09 am

I'm fluctuating between being utterly smitten with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and only being partially smitten with Kimmy Schmidt. This is the third time I'm watching it though.
cloverthegreat

Postby Ddraigeneth » September 25th, 2015, 3:53 am

Watching season 2 of Turbo FAST. It can be hit-or-miss, but occasional bits are pretty great. I thought the episode where they go into space was going to be meh, but then...

Spoiler! :
Ddraigeneth

Postby Solaran » September 25th, 2015, 5:37 am

So. Many. Series. :x There's just so much good stuff on Netflix and there's only so much time to watch it all. Time and the amount of series I'm already trying to finish watching (Dexter, Breaking Bad, NCIS, etc, etc) are really keeping me from starting up another. I did give one episode of Marco Polo a try though and later found myself binge-watching every single episode. Can't wait till they release another season.

Might have to give the new Daredevil a shot later.
Solaran

Next

Return to TV & Movies