Unfriended

Unfriended

Postby Vitotamito » April 18th, 2015, 3:12 am

Hey guys!

So, I know there's going to be a lot of people who either liked or fucking hated "Unfriended." I want to know what you guys thought of it if you've seen it. If you haven't, go see it. You will either like it or hate it, no in-between. It's one of the most innovative ways of making a movie I've ever seen, but it's also fucking difficult to watch. None of the characters are redeemable, intelligent human beings, but that's not really what's important about the movie. It's making a statement against shitty people like them, so you should hate at least something about all of them.

Anyways, I want opinions here, partially because if you see it, in the credits my company is credited for Animations! Which got cut for good reason. The Blank Frame LLC, look for it near the end of the credits!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: Unfriended

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » May 28th, 2015, 11:54 am

wow ok this movie wrecked me up. usually i do really bad with scary stuff but i thought this movie was gunna be really dumb and i was just gunna be sittin in the theater like "LELZ JUST TURN OFF THE COMPUTER YA LOOZERS" but no. no nope no. this was so scary i was hiding under my hoodie for most of it

but anywho awesome about yur company in the credits! glad to know ya had a part in ruining my sleep shedule
Last edited by walkin_talkin_apocolyps on May 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Postby avian-reader » May 28th, 2015, 12:13 pm

You should have said sooner, I would have stayed for the credits to look out for it :)

It was a fun little flick. I went mainly because I loved how innovative it sounded, and got a lot out of that. I actually also liked how it went against the norm of having a "good girl" protagonist, even lampshading it at points. They were all kinda douchy kids, just like how in real life we're all capable of being assholes ^_^

Whilst it gave me the occasional satisfying shudder, I wouldn't say I was frightened. I particularly didn't take Ken's death seriously because it reminded me too much of the Angry German Kid (I would spoiler that, but the trailer already gives it away).

Then again, I tend more toward fridge terror, and I certainly wasn't getting up for a glass of water that night xD

On a side note, did anyone else notice the continuity error early on in the film? She gets/sends a message, closes the messenger, and next time we see it that message is gone. Then when she next brings it up to type again, the message is back. I was rather pleased with myself for spotting it, haha.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby uglyfun » May 28th, 2015, 10:42 pm

=-
Last edited by uglyfun on October 17th, 2017, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uglyfun

Postby Vitotamito » May 29th, 2015, 3:32 pm

uglyfun wrote:I was really impressed by how well the filmmakers got how teenagers use the internet. Aside from a few clunky practices on the part of the protagonist, it really didn't feel like a team of adults trying to get down with the youth.

The line that cracked me up particularly was when someone was like, "What's a troll?" and someone else was like, "Are you stupid?" It was obviously in there to do the opposite of appeal to younger people, and instead explain to older people who don't understand a particular part of the online community. Part of what helped the movie feel unlike adults getting down with the youth was that it was made by people my age (somewhere around 26-30) who actually understand their audience.

walkin_talkin_apocolyps wrote:but anywho awesome about yur company in the credits! glad to know ya had a part in ruining my sleep shedule

Always happy to help!

avian-reader wrote:You should have said sooner, I would have stayed for the credits to look out for it :)

On a side note, did anyone else notice the continuity error early on in the film? She gets/sends a message, closes the messenger, and next time we see it that message is gone. Then when she next brings it up to type again, the message is back. I was rather pleased with myself for spotting it, haha.

Dog, I posted this April 18th ;)

Also, yeah I spotted that too!! I leaned over to my friend and was like, "Why'd the conversation disappear?"
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Fukairi » February 2nd, 2016, 9:36 am

I watch a lot of horror flicks, but this was the one with skype yea?

I like it a lot until I think the end, the end felt very cheap to me (I mean the like.....very last 10 sec)
Also it was kinda predictable.

BUT the scares were pretty good,
Spoiler! :
the gorey bit with the blender got me well grossed out

And the message was nice.Genuinely nice. Not usually something you see in horror films (message unintentionally usually ends up being very sexist/racist)
Fukairi

Return to TV & Movies