Anime thread?

Re: Anime thread?

Postby gun21 » December 27th, 2016, 4:23 am

Seven Rain wrote:
gun21 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmWAEQ8qIc4

Pretty pumped. Wonder how far it'll go this time.

At least to the fight against the 'god titan.'

Although the recent arc that just finished would be a great place to end the second season as well.

I think the way the manga has been progressing lately should be given some serious props. All of the mysteries that were presented have thus far been given very satisfactory answers, unlike a certain other long running series that kind of pooped out towards the end.

*coughfullmetalalchemistcough*
gun21

Postby Muntyc0re » March 23rd, 2017, 4:57 am

I love Noragami, Attack on Titans and Tokyo Ghoul. Soon will be the next season of Attack on Titans
Muntyc0re

Postby gun21 » March 24th, 2017, 11:13 am

They lay the hype on a little thick here.
gun21

Postby Seven Rain » March 24th, 2017, 2:43 pm

gun21 wrote:They lay the hype on a little thick here.

Well it definitely got me hype.
Especially for more Sawano music.

Muntyc0re wrote:I love Noragami

I've really been meaning to watch that. I think I've had it sitting around on my computer but I'm always procrastinating with animu.
Seven Rain

Postby Muntyc0re » May 10th, 2017, 9:45 am

The 2nd season Attack on Titans is awesome!
Muntyc0re

Postby Raging Ghost » June 9th, 2017, 1:47 pm

I watched the first Berserk: The Golden Age movie.

While the movie is pretty good, I'm salty because the other two movies aren't available in Netflix Canada.
Raging Ghost

Postby gun21 » June 17th, 2017, 11:11 am

Attack on Titan will get a third season next year.

I assume this means they'll take the same route as My Hero Academia, and continue with annual seasons covering arcs.

Next year will probably be the Recon Corps vs Police Corps arc in 2018.

Then we'll have the Battle to retake Wall Maria in 2020.

Then we'll have the current arc in 2021.

Unless they decide to have full seasons again and not this 12 episode crap.
gun21

Postby trenton_dawn » June 18th, 2017, 5:16 am

gun21 wrote:Attack on Titan will get a third season next year.

I assume this means they'll take the same route as My Hero Academia, and continue with annual seasons covering arcs.

Next year will probably be the Recon Corps vs Police Corps arc in 2018.

Then we'll have the Battle to retake Wall Maria in 2020.

Then we'll have the current arc in 2021.

Unless they decide to have full seasons again and not this 12 episode crap.

The "Season 3 preview" Funimation put up shows manga volume covers through chapter 86 at least. Assuming we can trust that, Season 3 would have to be a two-cour season to get that far.

Either way I'm really hyped. As short as it was, Season 2 delivered on all my expectations and then some.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby gun21 » July 3rd, 2017, 1:52 am

Anime Expo is going on in Japan, meaning they're showing trailers for new upcoming shows.

Here's the first trailer for FLCL 2

They're also showing trailers for Blood Blockade Battlefront Season 2, which was probably the second best show in 2015 (One Punch Man sucked all the oxygen out of the room that year.)

Studio Trigger has a poster for Imaishi's newest show, Promare, which will be similar in tone to his bigger projects, Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill.

gun21

Postby Seven Rain » July 3rd, 2017, 2:06 am

Damn, pretty hyped. Although I'm a bit cautious about FLCL. It's too early to tell how much of it will be it's own identity, and how much of it will be trying to relive the original, but at the end of the day I think I'd rather it be it's own thing and not try to tamper with FLCL1, which is why the one thing that came off as a bit grating, (the artstyle being noticeably more generic than the original's,) didn't really bother me. Although Haruko is already there so it probably won't be totally separated. It's too early for me to tell, but I get the feeling it's gonna have to work hard to win me over.

I still need to watch Blood Blockade. I've heard good stuff and it's by the Trigun creator but for some reason it keeps slipping my mind that it exists.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » July 8th, 2017, 7:50 pm

So, did I told how great the Castlevania anime is? Sure, it's only four episodes and I only have seen the first episode so far, but still.
Raging Ghost

Postby Jpolte » July 8th, 2017, 9:32 pm

I always feel a little shy when talking about favorite anime but I have to say Dragon Maid, and Little Witch Academia are on my top favoriets :oops:
Jpolte

Postby gun21 » July 10th, 2017, 1:25 am

Raging Ghost wrote:So, did I told how great the Castlevania anime is? Sure, it's only four episodes and I only have seen the first episode so far, but still.

I just watched it. Yeah, it's rad as hell. The fight scenes are like Sword of the Stranger, it's well written, the voice acting is probably the best I've ever heard in an anime ever, and is incredibly violent. Not in the lame Bleach or Madoka Magica kind of way, but like End of Evangelion / Berserk levels of violence.

I hope we get a new season soon. It ends at a cliffhanger.

Also, the story is a pretty on point adaptation of Castlevania 3 for the NES, with calls to Symphony of the Night in the first episode which is also awesome. I'm guessing they could continue this series by moving onto different generations of Belmonts. Right now it's Trevor, but next could be Simon, then Richter, and so on.

That said, this is one of those series that technically isn't an anime, kind of like Avatar. Most of it is animated here in America by US animators. Some of them are uploading clips to Sakugabooru, and pointing out who boarded/animated shots.

But yeah, I'm really happy with this.
gun21

Postby Seven Rain » July 10th, 2017, 7:47 am

I gotta be honest, I'm shocked that the walking Hot Topic advertisement that excreted that Power Rangers shortfilm actually made a good Castlevania adaption.
Everywhere I go people seem to praise it. I'll have to suck it up and check it out sometime, I guess.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » July 14th, 2017, 3:30 pm

I don't even care if it is cringey af, I watched through all the new Black Butler stuff and thank GOD that none of it is like the original two anime series' (they now follow the manga). The new series, OVA's, and movie are actually funny and watchable. Whoo! I can have my guilty pleasure back!
My Sketch Thead! :D
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Soft Dorito

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Movies