Anime thread?

Anime thread?

Postby ScientificallySomething » August 14th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Anime thread?
A comic that will save your life: http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/
ScientificallySomething

Re: Anime thread?

Postby Beany » August 14th, 2011, 10:37 pm

What a great post to kick it off! You really got the conversation juices flowing.

I'd like to direct any persons interested to Toonami Aftermath. It's basically a 24/7 stream consisting (mostly) of anime shows that appeared on Toonami. Cool shit, yo.

This seems to be a bit of a gray area within the forum rules, so if linking to a stream is against the rules, I'll completely understand if a moderator removes the link or or deletes this entire post.
Beany

Postby Mr Aids » August 15th, 2011, 12:35 am

I don't think a general anime thread is necessary, most anime discussion is over at Genre Specific Discussion, under Manga. However seeing as we now have a TV & Movies subforum it might be better to move the anime threads here.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby MacSimon » August 15th, 2011, 1:01 am

Beany wrote: Toonami. Cool shit, yo.

OH MAN, Batman 3 is playing! Uma Thurman! : D

...ARNIE! 8D
MacSimon

Postby Seven Rain » August 15th, 2011, 1:34 am

Beany wrote:Toonami

MY FUCKIN' CHILDHOOD.

Spoiler! :
And yes, even this;

In fact, I've been watching Dragon Ball off and on lately. Got the full series on my PS3 and plan on going straight from Dragon Ball to DBZ. It will be amazing watching the entire series from Goku meeting Bulma all the way to Kid Buu getting obliterated all in one run.

Mr Aids wrote:I don't think a general anime thread is necessary, most anime discussion is over at Genre Specific Discussion, under Manga. However seeing as we now have a TV & Movies subforum it might be better to move the anime threads here.

I dunno, it's a good thread for people like me who generally prefer anime to manga. I find myself rarely even checking out the Manga section of the forum.
This thread however has the potential to become yet another home away from home for me.
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » August 15th, 2011, 1:45 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Mr Aids wrote:I don't think a general anime thread is necessary, most anime discussion is over at Genre Specific Discussion, under Manga. However seeing as we now have a TV & Movies subforum it might be better to move the anime threads here.

I dunno, it's a good thread for people like me who generally prefer anime to manga. I find myself rarely even checking out the Manga section of the forum.
This thread however has the potential to become yet another home away from home for me.

Yeah but why can't individual animes have their own threads here? There are already threads for quite a few shows here. Dumping them all in the one thread seems stupid and defeats the purpose of this subforum.
kevansevans wrote:

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » August 15th, 2011, 1:50 am

Well because then we run into the problem of certain anime not getting any discussion.
If we had a thread for every anime there'd be a DBZ/One Piece/Bleach/Naruto thread with dozens of pages and then threads for things like Toriko or Bakemonogatari that get a couple of responses and are then buried.

As far as I'm concerned, the more vague a thread the better, as covering wider areas of interest will lead to more posts, even if the posts aren't turning into pages of discussion.
I'd personally just rather see vague, active threads than specific, dead ones.
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » August 15th, 2011, 2:26 am

But we have threads for TV shows/movies. They're not all in one thread like they once were. I don't see why you're discriminating between them and anime. People discussing all their anime in the one thread will just cause confusion and frustration.

And some animes will probably get only one or two pages of discussion, but that's just how it is. It's not any different for the current threads in this subforum. Besides, people aren't going to start threads about an anime without the intention of having a discussion, so there shouldn't be an issue.
kevansevans wrote:

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby lonk » August 15th, 2011, 3:46 am

Seven Rain wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the more vague a thread the better, as covering wider areas of interest will lead to more posts, even if the posts aren't turning into pages of discussion.
I'd personally just rather see vague, active threads than specific, dead ones.

The gaming threeaaaad! Yea threads for small talk aren't always bad, but that thread was mainly made to avoid flooding gaming related topics in GD because there's a lot of gaming discussion to be made. But for general anime stuff we can already have small talk/discussion in other threads (IF however this thread is as active as, again the gaming thread for the same reasons, then that'd be great.... but for now I'm with Mr Aids on this one with individual threads)
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia

Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
lonk

Postby ScientificallySomething » August 15th, 2011, 8:28 am

Girls Bravo. You guys have to watch it with the lack of other people watching you watch it.
A comic that will save your life: http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/
ScientificallySomething

Postby Snuffan » August 15th, 2011, 8:53 am

When people start discussing animes that already have their thread in this thread....
HELL WILL BE BROUGHT LOOSE.
Snuffan

Postby Amante » August 17th, 2011, 1:32 am

Seven Rain wrote:

MY FUCKIN' CHILDHOOD.

I AM DISSAPOINT BY THE LACK OF COWBOY BEBOP IN THAT LIST

Also, why couldn't we just have a general Anime thread and then individual anime threads, kinda like the Gaming thread, and separate game threads.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby Seven Rain » August 17th, 2011, 1:49 am

Amante wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

MY FUCKIN' CHILDHOOD.

I AM DISSAPOINT BY THE LACK OF COWBOY BEBOP IN THAT LIST

Because Bebop was on Adult Swim, not Toonami. If he said Adult Swim the list would look something like;
Spoiler! :

Unf. I miss Animu Saturdays.
Seven Rain

Postby lonk » August 17th, 2011, 5:25 am

Seven Rain wrote:Image

Aah man! I watched bits of that show recently and most of the time just thought "why was this never on TV here?? Whhyyy?". That and Hunter X Hunter, I enjoy those old shows more when dubbed too, but dunno why.
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia

Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
lonk

Postby gun21 » August 17th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Image

Am I the only one who hated the second season of Kikaider?

"Lets take all of the memorable characters from the original, and replace them WITH EVEN MORE ROBOTS!"
gun21

Next

Return to TV & Movies