Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Piano-kun » October 4th, 2011, 1:08 am

EDIT: Ay, matey, there be SPOILERS in this thread! SJers, try to keep things spoiler-tagged, if possible. Otherwise, readers, please approach with caution.

Gee, what a change to the forum layout since I last posted! I like these tidy subfolders. Anyway, I don't believe there is a thread for fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Aang, so I'm starting one.

I admit, I have been completely infatuated over the show since it first aired, and will gladly quote whole episodes if there was ever an opportunity to do so. I haven't seen the film, but have heard both good and bad things (lol mostly bad) about it. I'll get around to it eventually.

I am SUPER excited for The Legend of Korra, and if you haven't seen the official trailer yet, pffft, go check it out. Only I hear now it's supposed to come out in 2013 now instead of 2012? Is that true? I can't wait that long!

Anyway, thoughts from other fans? Favorite episodes? Favorite fight scenes? Favorite characters?
Last edited by Piano-kun on June 21st, 2012, 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Piano-kun
 
Posts: 892
Joined: September 4th, 2007, 7:52 pm
Location: Awesometown

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Pinali » October 4th, 2011, 1:41 am

Where'd you hear 2013? :O All the places I go for info on it are still saying 2012. 2013 would kill me with anticipation. MUST SEE KORRA

I haven't watched the series in a while but man, it was all so good. I find it really hard to pinpoint favourite episodes and such because all of them have their own charms. Some are good for action, some for character development, others for world building. But they all do it really well.
I think my favourite character is Sokka, cause I loved his character arc: from kinda useless non-bender (dat first episode) to badass space sword master.

I also like Toph a lot because... a female main character, a protagonist, who is an absolute badass at fighting, picks her nose and has dirty feet all the time and doesn't give a shit? On television?? Hell yes. I like how it's not that she's "rebelling" or "hiding" either; she's cool with getting pampered with Katara occasionally, but just prefers not to bother the rest of the time. That's cool. Too often, masculine female characters are just hiding the fact they actually want to be treated like princesses, and then as soon as a male character calls them beautiful they drop the act and become female stereotype #1 for the rest of the show. I like that that didn't happen with Toph. She became less rude, but it felt like that was more out of gaining respect for her companions.
Image
User avatar
Pinali
 
Posts: 194
Joined: June 12th, 2009, 3:50 am
Location: Lyon FR

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Amante » October 4th, 2011, 2:23 am

Piano, I've missed you! I'm really excited to see what they try and do with this new series. Favorite fight scene was definitely Zuko v Azula. I loved how crazy she was by the end of it. Favorite character was Sokka, which is why I was kinda disappointed by him in the movie, closely followed by Toph.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
User avatar
Amante
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 6:52 pm

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby IVstudios » October 4th, 2011, 10:14 am

Yeah, the movie was pretty abysmal. But if there is anyone who is also a fan of MST3K I'd definitely recommend checking out the RiffTrax.

On the topic of the new show: I'm eager to see how they deal with airbending. Since Aang was the last airbender, who's gonna teach the new Avatar to airbend? (Which also raises the question of what happens when the cycle get's back to the point where an airbender is supposed to be the next avatar.)

Also, I noticed in that trailer that there seed to be some fairly modern looking elements. That promises to be interesting.[/geekout]
Image
User avatar
IVstudios
 
Posts: 49
Joined: September 25th, 2011, 8:54 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby lonk » October 4th, 2011, 4:42 pm

IVstudios wrote:Also, I noticed in that trailer that there seed to be some fairly modern looking elements. That promises to be interesting.[/geekout]



Yep, I for one welcome some of dem steampunk in Avatar 8D
bricks wrote:my mother mentioned to my uncle that i would like horror manga for my bday....so he gives me horror manga.. aka horrible manga aka 2 vols of hetalia


Seven Rain wrote:Here, how about some more animals being d-Umm... Jerks.
User avatar
lonk
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: November 20th, 2010, 6:15 am
Location: horule

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Rosie11 » October 4th, 2011, 5:12 pm

I'M SO EXCITED FOR LEGEND OF KORRA YOU GUYS.

Here's a video of the ComicCon panel about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwmCEr264sA

This site has some of the images from the panel (which are hard to see in the video): http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com ... -of-korra/
Image
User avatar
Rosie11
 
Posts: 88
Joined: May 21st, 2010, 10:44 am

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby T1p2 » October 4th, 2011, 7:13 pm

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!1!!!

*ahem* Now that I've gotten that out of the way.... *takes a deep breath*

IVstudios wrote:On the topic of the new show: I'm eager to see how they deal with airbending. Since Aang was the last airbender, who's gonna teach the new Avatar to airbend? (Which also raises the question of what happens when the cycle get's back to the point where an airbender is supposed to be the next avatar.)


Spoiler! :
Korra has apparently already mastered Fire, Earth and Water and is looking to Tenzin, the youngest Son of Aang and Katara for training in Airbending.


Also, I noticed in that trailer that there seed to be some fairly modern looking elements. That promises to be interesting.[/geekout]


Spoiler! :
The show will be set mainly in Republic City; "a large 'metropolis powered by steampunk-type technology' such as cars and motorcycles". There is also a group called the "Equalizers", a revolutionist group that opposes benders and utilizes chi-blocking attacks. It is unknown why they hate benders, but they seem to be the antagonists of the series.


And to answer the OP:

Piano-kun wrote:Anyway, thoughts from other fans? Favorite episodes? Favorite fight scenes? Favorite characters?


Favorite Episode(s): The Boiling Rock 1 and 2
Favorite fight scene: The three-way bending fight between Avatar Aang, Prince Zuko, and Princess Azula in the small abandoned Earth Kingdom town. (Book 2 Earth; Episode 8: The Chase)
Favorite Character(s): Suki and Jun (Earth Nation bounty hunter hired twice by Zuko)
Season Three (status: Coming Soon)
Image
Doodle Beans News at my deviantArt Journal.
Season One Season Two
User avatar
T1p2
 
Posts: 563
Joined: June 26th, 2007, 3:00 pm
Location: California

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby RyoSoulreaper » October 8th, 2011, 8:29 pm

You can't beat Uncle.
Image
Image
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
User avatar
RyoSoulreaper
 
Posts: 4465
Joined: August 24th, 2008, 12:43 pm
Location: Hyrule

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Advertisement » October 8th, 2011, 8:37 pm

I watched the whle series on Netflix. I FREAKIN LOVE IT.
User avatar
Advertisement
 
Posts: 277
Joined: May 4th, 2011, 12:17 pm

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Piano-kun » October 8th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Pinali wrote:Where'd you hear 2013? :O All the places I go for info on it are still saying 2012. 2013 would kill me with anticipation. MUST SEE KORRA

Yeah, I'm checking my sources again and finding 2012. Almost had a panic attack!

Advertisement wrote:I watched the whole series on Netflix. I FREAKIN LOVE IT.

YES. *high fives*

Answering my own questions:
Favorite episode: The Library (Book 2: Earth)
Favorite fight scene: A tie for me- Zuko vs. Aang at the abbey in "Bato of the Water Tribe" and Aang, Katara, Sokka and Toph storming the palace in "The Earth King".
Favorite character: Sokka. God, Sokka. He's just amazing.

I wanted to know what do people want to see in The Legend of Korra? I only have two requests:
1) SPACE SWORD. Sokka only had it for a short time and it sucks that he dropped it from that crazy Fire Nation war balloon. Hopefully it makes a comeback with a new user.
2) Some kind of speculation on what the heck happened to Zuko's mother. I mean, the last episode of ATLA kind of opened it up for this new show, so hopefully we get something!
Last edited by Piano-kun on October 16th, 2011, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Piano-kun
 
Posts: 892
Joined: September 4th, 2007, 7:52 pm
Location: Awesometown

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Sorrows Neptune » October 15th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Even though I consider Avatar: The Last Airbender to be among the best of Western animation in the past decade, I still haven't gotten around to finishing Book 3. My brother described the ending to me, and based off of his description it sounds kind of stupid.
Spoiler! :
Instead of killing the firelord, or banishing him to some wasteland, don't they just make him immobilized and put him on a train?
Of course, I should probably just watch it myself.

I'd like to see the creators make a cartoon targeted at an older audience. With Avatar they managed to tell a fairly mature story while still keeping it PG; so I'd love to see what they can pull off without the restrictions of children's cinema.
Image
User avatar
Sorrows Neptune
 
Posts: 314
Joined: January 3rd, 2008, 2:47 pm

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Afrohawkman » October 15th, 2011, 2:33 pm

Sorrows Neptune wrote:
Spoiler! :
Instead of killing the firelord, or banishing him to some wasteland, don't they just make him immobilized and put him on a train?
Of course, I should probably just watch it myself.

I'm not going to tell you what happens does but what you put in the spoiler isn't what happened. You should definitely watch it for yourself, it's a very good ending.
User avatar
Afrohawkman
 
Posts: 3941
Joined: December 26th, 2007, 1:29 pm

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Amante » October 15th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Sorrows Neptune wrote:Even though I consider Avatar: The Last Airbender to be among the best of Western animation in the past decade, I still haven't gotten around to finishing Book 3. My brother described the ending to me, and based off of his description it sounds kind of stupid.
Spoiler! :
Instead of killing the firelord, or banishing him to some wasteland, don't they just make him immobilized and put him on a train?
Of course, I should probably just watch it myself.

I'd like to see the creators make a cartoon targeted at an older audience. With Avatar they managed to tell a fairly mature story while still keeping it PG; so I'd love to see what they can pull off without the restrictions of children's cinema.

While I wasn't really happy with what actually did happen, it still made sense for the series, so I can't complain.
Spoiler! :
Not to mention Zuko vs. Azula is fucking badass.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
User avatar
Amante
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 6:52 pm

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby Sorrows Neptune » October 16th, 2011, 2:47 am

Afrohawkman wrote:
Sorrows Neptune wrote:
Spoiler! :
Instead of killing the firelord, or banishing him to some wasteland, don't they just make him immobilized and put him on a train?
Of course, I should probably just watch it myself.

I'm not going to tell you what happens does but what you put in the spoiler isn't what happened. You should definitely watch it for yourself, it's a very good ending.


It's not? Huh, I guess my brother's description was too silly to be true. (Which is a relief. I really should finish watching this series.)
Image
User avatar
Sorrows Neptune
 
Posts: 314
Joined: January 3rd, 2008, 2:47 pm

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » October 19th, 2011, 12:48 am

THAT KORRA TRAILER WAS AMAZING! O,.O AMAZING! AMAZINGNESS! im exploding! i cant stop exploding!
it looks more movie like... and its in the future! i donno if i like that... i think i like that. looks like a snazzy future. ima miss the avatar world tho.... BUT WOWS!
Image
User avatar
walkin_talkin_apocolyps
 
Posts: 983
Joined: July 31st, 2008, 10:26 pm

Next

Return to TV & Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests