General Gaming

Re: General Gaming

Postby DracheLehre » September 13th, 2017, 11:26 am

Seven Rain wrote:Also Morrowind. You don't even need a good PC for it but just play Morrowind anyway. Morrowind is love. Morrowind is life.

Truth. Plain, clear, absolute truth.
DracheLehre

Postby TheJGamer » September 13th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Kirby Battle Royale and Kirby Star Allies have been shown in-depth in Nintendo Direct.

Hell yes.

Spoiler! :
although I must say king dedede from star allies looks like something from cho aniki
Join me and the guys and gals at MG in the chaos that is known as FLPWTV!

TheJGamer

Postby Seven Rain » September 14th, 2017, 2:24 am

Star Allies looks super dope. I was really impressed with the Direct! I think a lot of people had higher hopes than me and were disappointed, but I was really caught off-guard. Mario Odyssey and Star Allies both look incredible, but what really stood out to me were Xenoblade 2 and Octopath Traveler.
The former didn't really interest me much until the latest trailer. Showing off all the different factions and stuff got me a lot more hype, and combat looks way more satisfying than the last two games. Now when attacks connect you can really "feel" it, as opposed to the other games where you're just no-clipping your weapon through it like a Korean MMO.

And Octopath Traveler... Wow. Ever since they showed it off I've been more hype for it than pretty much anything else on the Switch and the new trailer solidified that. 2018 is going to be an insanely awesome year for video games, I only pray my wallet can handle it.

The only thing I'm scared of is how they'll be localized. Bravely Default/Second and Xenoblade Chronicles X had horrid localizations and I really hope Xenoblade 2 and Octopath don't fall prey to the same.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » September 16th, 2017, 5:21 pm

I got Gauntlet on PC. The one developed by the guys behind Magicka. Just in case you guys are interested.
Raging Ghost

Postby DracheLehre » September 29th, 2017, 10:29 am

Just got back from Best Buy. I was able to just go in and out with my SNES classic, 'cause I was third in line...
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » September 29th, 2017, 12:51 pm

DracheLehre wrote:Just got back from Best Buy. I was able to just go in and out with my SNES classic, 'cause I was third in line...

Nice, glad more SJ pals were able to score one. I'm glad Nintendo is doing a much better job with availability this time around.
Even though I had mine pre-ordered it still seemed pretty easy to get one this morning around here. Benefits of living in the quiet Midwest.
Spoiler! :
Today was a good day.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » September 29th, 2017, 4:14 pm

I asked for one as my birthday gift, so I can only play it tomorrow.

EDIT: Scratch that, miscommunication means that I get to play with it today. :3
Raging Ghost

Postby TheJGamer » September 29th, 2017, 5:51 pm

I really want an SNES Classic, but it's a bit costly so not sure if my parents are gonna let me get one. Sure hope I do though, the game selection looks awesome.
Join me and the guys and gals at MG in the chaos that is known as FLPWTV!

TheJGamer

Postby Raging Ghost » October 4th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Did you guys get Cuphead? If so, how hard is it?
Raging Ghost

Postby DracheLehre » October 12th, 2017, 7:34 pm

Having fun with Shadow of War.

I noticed a couple of quirks in the game.

Gondorian Soldiers are sometimes found hanging out with Orcs. Dunno why... But I think it's because that human soldiers and Orc warriors share the same programming because I also saw some skinny blue-armored nobody show dominant displays while whatever hapless captain tries his best to intimidate me. It's a pretty funny juxtaposition.
DracheLehre

Postby Raging Ghost » November 14th, 2017, 10:33 am

Raging Ghost

Previous

Return to Video Games