General Gaming

Re: General Gaming

Postby HalfAssedChaos » October 10th, 2018, 8:39 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Randumbz wrote:Spider-man is so much fun :D

Dude it's amazing. I don't think I've ever aced a game so fast in my life, I Platinum'd the game in like a week and despite how quickly it went by I don't regret the purchase at all and eagerly await the DLC episodes and sequel.

Yep, for sure my GOTY at the moment. Everything about it just screamed love for the web head, I enjoyed every single moment of it and can't wait for DLC.

I've been playing a bit of Assassins creed odyssey, and so far it has been awesome. Maybe some people won't like it who are into old school AC games, but as a game in general, it's a ton of fun.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Otto Gruenwald » October 15th, 2018, 10:02 pm

I wish they'd hurry up with the new game plus. It was fun and I loved the gear system for combat but I'm dying to play through the whole game in the vintage costume.
Otto Gruenwald

Postby Seven Rain » October 17th, 2018, 6:51 am

Otto Gruenwald wrote:I wish they'd hurry up with the new game plus. It was fun and I loved the gear system for combat but I'm dying to play through the whole game in the vintage costume.

Apparently it was supposed to be added today but got delayed or something. Whatever the case I doubt it'll be a long wait.
Seven Rain

Postby HalfAssedChaos » October 17th, 2018, 9:39 am

I wanted to mention something that's been popping up more and more and has me kind of excited. I don't play Fortnite, but I am really pumped that it's got full cross play going for it. With this first step with Sony allowing it on their console I think we will have a much easier time playing games online with our friends in the future.
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Raging Ghost » October 17th, 2018, 11:12 am

Two days until SC6 gets released. Hoping my PC can run it just fine.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » October 17th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Two days until SC6 gets released. Hoping my PC can run it just fine.

I'm so excited. On PSN It's gonna go live tomorrow night at like 11 in my timezone and I'm gonna be up all night making Skeletons and Lizardmen. I gotta hurry up and crunch time some WOE over the next 24 hours.
Seven Rain

Postby TheJGamer » October 21st, 2018, 10:00 pm

My dad's planning to get me an Arcade1UP Street Fighter cabinet and I'm so excited! It's an IKEA-style, DIY cabinet that's 3/4 the size of a regular cabinet that can run three Street Fighter games.

The price tag is pretty hefty ($300) but I'm really excited to build it (I've built IKEA beds and bookshelves before, this should be a cakewalk) and play with it! =D

Review video on it if you're interested: https://youtu.be/-PTS84scaTQ

EDIT: Bah, of course it's sold out. Dad's gonna get an email once it's back in stock at Walmart, though. Then, free in-store pickup, assembly, and gaming!

EDIT 2: Wait, it's in stock again? That was freaking fast! I heard my dad leave the house, too, so that could be a good sign...
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby HalfAssedChaos » October 22nd, 2018, 9:14 am

Prety cool little cabinet. I wonder if it what sort of connections the screen and controller have. If we are looking at general HDMI and USB then it would be really easy to hook up a Raspberry Pi and run pretty much any arcade machine. $300 is not bad at all if it's something with a bit of customization, but if there isn't then it may be a bit much for 3 games.
HalfAssedChaos

Postby eishiya » October 22nd, 2018, 9:43 am

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Prety cool little cabinet. I wonder if it what sort of connections the screen and controller have. If we are looking at general HDMI and USB then it would be really easy to hook up a Raspberry Pi and run pretty much any arcade machine. $300 is not bad at all if it's something with a bit of customization, but if there isn't then it may be a bit much for 3 games.

For 3 games it may be a bit much, but it seems pretty good for the [I have an arcade cabinet] experience xP
eishiya

Postby TheJGamer » October 22nd, 2018, 9:54 am

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Prety cool little cabinet. I wonder if it what sort of connections the screen and controller have. If we are looking at general HDMI and USB then it would be really easy to hook up a Raspberry Pi and run pretty much any arcade machine. $300 is not bad at all if it's something with a bit of customization, but if there isn't then it may be a bit much for 3 games.

There is a tutorial on YouTube on how to hook up a Raspberry Pi. I've also seen someone run newer games like Street Fighter V on it, too. Not planning to do that though since I don't own a Pi though.

Also, the buttons and joystick seem to be easily replaceable, just like how you can mod any fightstick with Sanwa parts. Might venture into that territory if I break any buttons, heh.

Oh, and the screen and controls are connected by a ribbon cable.
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby HalfAssedChaos » October 22nd, 2018, 10:56 am

[/b]
TheJGamer wrote:

There is a tutorial on YouTube on how to hook up a Raspberry Pi. I've also seen someone run newer games like Street Fighter V on it, too. Not planning to do that though since I don't own a Pi though.

Also, the buttons and joystick seem to be easily replaceable, just like how you can mod any fightstick with Sanwa parts. Might venture into that territory if I break any buttons, heh.

Oh, and the screen and controls are connected by a ribbon cable.

You don't own one NOW. I would reccomend checking it out, I picked one up and made a little SNES case for it with my 3D printer. Not necessary to make it work, but its awesome having my own SNES mini that can play pretty much everything from Playstation and before all in one box.

It's really easy to get set up and going as well, really it's just installing a program called Retro Pi on it and loading games onto an USB Drive. Could turn this cabinet into a nice multipurpose arcade machine.

But for now, enjoy it if you pick it up!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Seven Rain » October 22nd, 2018, 6:09 pm

It blew my mind when I saw those little things at Walmart the other day. Last thing I expected to see there.
Seven Rain

Postby TheJGamer » October 22nd, 2018, 8:59 pm

Well, looks like I'll be getting the Switch instead of the cabinet. I talked over the cabinet with my mom, and she said I can get either the cab or the Switch, but not both. Ended up going with the Switch because A) I wanted that thing since, like, when it came out, and B) I feel as if I earned it by working hard at school, while the cabinet was just something I suddenly wanted.

It sucks not getting the cabinet, but in the end, I feel that I made the right choice and I know that I'll be playing Smash Ultimate in the holidays. =)
TheJGamer

Postby HalfAssedChaos » October 23rd, 2018, 8:22 am

Between those two you easily made the right decision. The cabinet has potential, but I think if you just kept those 3 games the charm would wear off pretty quick. The switch on the other hand, iiiiis amazing. Been playing some FighterZ and Dark Souls on it, and it's just perfect to have both of those on the go.
HalfAssedChaos

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games