Sales thread (Steam, PSN, XbLIVE...)

Sales thread (Steam, PSN, XbLIVE...)

Postby FlamingDbag » November 24th, 2011, 6:09 am

Sites I use for getting things cheap:

IsThereAnyDeal.com
Stupid useful, it keeps track of almost ALL PC game sales and even sends emails when something on your watch list. You can even import your Steam wish list. For anyone who likes to buy games cheap, this website is absolutely essential.

Steam:
Almost everyone ever uses Steam but if you're unaware of what this is you should most DEFINITELY look into it. Daily sales, timed store-wide sales, weekly sales, weekend sales, standard sales, things get absolutely crazy and it's very easy to have a huge gaming collection because of it. Also most PC games nowadays require/support Steam, so you'll probably need an account and the client anyway.

Green Man Gaming:
They usually have Steam key sales that are worth taking a look at.

Humble Bundle:
These frequently reoccuring bundle deals with charity support are without doubt some of the best you will ever find. Best to keep up to date with it.

Humble Weekly:
Same deal as above but they only run for 7 days. Also worth keeping up to date with.

Indie Game Bundles:
A site that keeps up to date with most bundle deals running. I haven't used all the sites it mentions, but definitely worth keeping up to date with.

Original post:
Spoiler! :
There's an Autumn sale for Steam, check it out.

I bought the Sam & Max collection which FINALLY became affordable to me and Munch's Oddesy.
What did you buy, is there other sales you'd like to mention to your fellow SJ'rs, ect?
Last edited by FlamingDbag on June 13th, 2015, 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
FlamingDbag

Re: Sales thread (Steam, PSN, XbLIVE...)

Postby Amante » November 24th, 2011, 6:29 am

I bought a lot of stuff during the Steam Summer Sale, but for this Fall Sale, I'm unemployed and therefore broke. I want the Oddyssey Pack though. I love me some Abes Odyssey.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby Seven Rain » November 24th, 2011, 11:26 am

Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » December 19th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Steam is yet again having another mega-sale thing.
Portal 2 is on sale too. So, uh, MINE.
FlamingDbag

Postby Seven Rain » December 19th, 2011, 11:49 pm

FlamingDbag wrote:Steam is yet again having another mega-sale thing.

None of that stuff is really striking my fancy but that gift pile thing they're doing is pretty neat... Even if just for the free 33% off coupon for Valve games.
Seven Rain

Postby Wander Tones » December 20th, 2011, 12:01 am

Seven Rain wrote:
FlamingDbag wrote:Steam is yet again having another mega-sale thing.

None of that stuff is really striking my fancy but that gift pile thing they're doing is pretty neat... Even if just for the free 33% off coupon for Valve games.

The only thing that interests me that I don't already have is Orcs Must Die... everything else I'm not interested in or I've already got.

Well, except for one game which apparently is banned in Australia. Could someone get me the title of it? It's the one between Rift and that Adventure Pack thing.
Q wrote:A couple of hours ago, I realised that my body was no longer functioning properly. I felt weak - I could no longer stand. The life was oozing out of me; I lost consciousness.
Picard wrote:You fell asleep.

Wander Tones

Location: There's this one little corner of my bedroom, and it has a laptop...

Postby Seven Rain » December 20th, 2011, 12:02 am

Wander Tones wrote:Well, except for one game which apparently is banned in Australia. Could someone get me the title of it? It's the one between Rift and that Adventure Pack thing.

Singularity.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » December 20th, 2011, 12:04 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Wander Tones wrote:Well, except for one game which apparently is banned in Australia. Could someone get me the title of it? It's the one between Rift and that Adventure Pack thing.

Singularity.

One of my friends bought that game for his PS3 at a local shop not too long ago. And it's wikipedia page says nothing about a ban.
...Why is it not on Steam here then?
FlamingDbag

Postby Wander Tones » December 20th, 2011, 12:08 am

Seven Rain wrote:

Singularity.

Thank you.

Hmm... apparently, upon a bit of research, it's not actually banned in Australia but the developer just decided not to allow Australians to buy the game on Steam. I have no idea why they'd do such a thing, but at least I know what's happened.

Oh, and I did that first "Check the Steam inventory" achievement quite a few hours ago (back when there was still about 20 hours left in the day), but it just seems like I've gotten nothing at all! Nothing at All! NOTHING AT ALL!

Stupid Steaming Database.
Q wrote:A couple of hours ago, I realised that my body was no longer functioning properly. I felt weak - I could no longer stand. The life was oozing out of me; I lost consciousness.

Wander Tones

Postby Seven Rain » December 20th, 2011, 7:34 pm

Sale shifted again. A couple JRPGs I've had my eye on are super cheap so looks like it's demo-playing time.

*EDIT*
Bought 'em. Dunno when I'll actually play them, but I guess that's two less Steam games for me to worry about buying.
Seven Rain

Postby KirbyHead » December 20th, 2011, 11:38 pm

FlamingDbag wrote:There's an Autumn sale for Steam, check it out.

I bought the Sam & Max collection which FINALLY became affordable to me and Munch's Oddesy.
What did you buy, is there other sales you'd like to mention to your fellow SJ'rs, ect?

Hey, I just bought the Sam and Max pack for my friend for Christmas! I'm trying to sucker him into buying me Bastion off Steam in return. :D
KirbyHead

Postby Wander Tones » December 23rd, 2011, 5:07 pm

Well, today has the "Trade" Steam achievement for the Holiday Gift Pile special. Anyone want to trade?

I've got a 50% off Valve voucher and a 25% or 30% Parallax voucher (Not sure about the specifics; ever since the day has started, my inventory hasn't worked... for obvious reasons) to trade, preferably for coal.

Wander Tones

Postby FlamingDbag » December 23rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

I don't have anything of value to you, but I have anyway...
STILL HAVE 5 copies of Freedom Force
-25% off Valve
-50% off Supreme Commander 2 (holding onto this for a friend though, but if one of you really want it I'll talk to him and see what I can do)

Want either:
TF2 items I don't have (1 or 2, depending on rarity)
I don't really care actually on specifics, tell me what you have if you're interested.
FlamingDbag

Postby Hunterkirizaki » December 26th, 2011, 1:20 am

I have...

4 coals,
50% off Valve
33% off Tropico 4
75% off Empire Total War
50% off Monster Trucks Nitro

So... anybody want stuff and have games/coal they don't want?
I also have TF2 items.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Wander Tones » December 26th, 2011, 1:24 am

Hunterkirizaki wrote:I have...

4 coals,
50% off Valve
33% off Tropico 4
75% off Empire Total War
50% off Monster Trucks Nitro

So... anybody want stuff and have games/coal they don't want?
I also have TF2 items.

Just for the sake of it, do you want to trade Valve vouchers? I've got a 50% off one as well, so there's no loss, plus I'll (and if you haven't already, then you too) get the achievement for making a trade.

Wander Tones

Next

Return to Video Games