Kingdom Hearts General

Re: Kingdom Hearts General

Postby Seven Rain » January 24th, 2017, 1:57 am

Digital release of 2.8 is playable in about an hour. I'm an anxiety-ridden mess tonight over a friend's pet but I'm trying to keep that out of my head and remain hype for this. If anything I'm probably really gonna need something to put a smile on my face after this coming morning.

Soft Dorito wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I'm not ready to get off this ride.

I'm ready to get on a new ride I've been on this one SINCE 2005.

Since 2002 here and I'm still not ready. I'll probably die before a second saga of KH is completed. Soraquest is all I got.
Spoiler! :
But real talk I actually am interested in seeing where things go after 3.

Spoiler! :
Also super late reply I know. I just need to ramble somewhere about something to take my mind off things.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » January 25th, 2017, 10:17 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Soft Dorito wrote:I'm ready to get on a new ride I've been on this one SINCE 2005.

Since 2002 here and I'm still not ready. I'll probably die before a second saga of KH is completed. Soraquest is all I got.

Oh, if you mean the original, then I've been here since '02 as well. I just meant waiting on 3 since '05, when I played KH2. XD

I also want to see where the series is going. I have a few theories, but after a while, speculation gets more boring, lol.

Spoiler! :
Like exactly what is the relation between Ven and Sora? Is there one beyond the whole connection between hearts? It's even mentioned in BBS that Ven is from Destiny Islands, though since his heart got all broken when Sora was born. And would that clear up why Roxas looks like Ven? And what happens to Sora if Ven gets free of Sora?
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » January 26th, 2017, 7:39 am

The end of 0.2 got me so giddy I felt like I was 13 all over again, oh man. My hype for KH3 is probably reaching close to KH1 hype levels. As much as 2 blew me away I never felt the same excitement for it as I did for the first game, and all the crazy events at the end of 0.2 had me smiling and laughing out of sheer love for how things are going down, (and seeing the characters and interactions in those sweet, sweet KH3 graphics. It truly feels like the core of KH and it's case were "back" in a way that the interim games never made me feel,) and shedding a tear of happiness here and there knowing that the series can still make me feel this way.
On top of all that Aqua is more badass than ever before, and I really didn't think it was possible for her to get any cooler.

I was also losing my shit over the strange nostalgic feeling of playing through the Realm of Darkness during, (some actual spoilers here, I guess;)
Spoiler! :
... The end events of Kingdom Hearts 1.
0.2 basically leads straight up to the point where Micky and the boys close the door after destroying Ansem of Darkness. So not only was the whole game a great preview of the gorgeous visuals and gameplay of KH3, (though I did have a few issues with responsiveness, but nothing major,) but it was all in an awesome nostalgic revisiting of stuff from the end of the very first game, running around fighting Shadows and Darksides in the Realm of Darkness.

Soft Dorito wrote:
Spoiler! :
Like exactly what is the relation between Ven and Sora? Is there one beyond the whole connection between hearts? It's even mentioned in BBS that Ven is from Destiny Islands, though since his heart got all broken when Sora was born. And would that clear up why Roxas looks like Ven? And what happens to Sora if Ven gets free of Sora?

Yeah I'm pretty excited to see what kind of stuff goes down with Ventus, and the rest of the BBS crew for that matter. It's gonna be awesome seeing interactions between them and the new heroes.
I can't bother speculating right now since I still need to play DDD and it's like super plot-important and I'm still as lost now as I was over a decade ago on some of the plot details but either way I'm looking forward to all the revelations.
Spoiler! :
And I wanna know what the fuck is in Luxu's box, Nomura. Don't you dare save that for the next "saga" or whatever.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2017, 2:50 am

YOOOOOOOOOO!
Seven Rain

Postby kevansevans » June 21st, 2017, 11:17 pm

I'll be excited when they announce a PC port ;-;
kevansevans

Postby Seven Rain » July 15th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Pretty hype on a Toy Story world! That movie is hella nostalgic for me, and I'm glad they're going with something that classic. I figured if we got a Pixar or Disney 3D world it would be something newer and more topical. Hell I still bet we're getting a Frozen world.

(Haven't actually watched the trailer yet but it's 5+ minutes and reveals a new world so I'm sure it's lit.)

*EDIT*
Trailer's subbed. Wonder if they'll release a version with English voice acting later? I'm really curious about how many Toy Story actors will reprise their roles, if any. It'd be pretty dope to hear Tom Hanks and Tim Allen in a Kingdom Hearts game.

And can I just saw how awesome it is that modern consoles are powerful enough to replicate the original Toy Story's visual style almost perfectly?
Spoiler! :

*EDIT*
Huh. Apparently the Toy Story world won't be based on any particular movie. Pixar specifically requested that they create an original story for it, which is pretty cool.
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/tetsuya-nomu ... tory-world
Seven Rain

Previous

Return to Video Games