Kingdom Hearts General

Re: Kingdom Hearts General

Postby Seven Rain » October 17th, 2013, 8:15 pm

My body has always been ready.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » December 19th, 2013, 3:57 am

Oh snap, nice find!

In closing with Game Informer, Tetsuya Nomura left with his usual teaser for the events to come; "The end also means a new beginning, and I'm certain that as this story arc ends, players will be able to look forward -- carrying this excitement -- for something new and different, never-before-seen in the series".

I'll try to keep my body ready, Nomura.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » December 19th, 2013, 4:07 am

Oh right... I forgot this thread was a thing. Since I'm playing 1.5 I should prally post here more often.

Also, Vexen is tough cookies. Stupid shields... But imma beat him just watch! Just gotta grind for some extra health... and level 9 cards... and CP.... and more cards... oh boy.

I'm lookin' forward to 2.5, but since I don't think I'll get next gen... or current gen, or whatever you wanna call it, I'm not as excited for KH 3.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby XxVanitasXx » February 7th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Exclusive hd 2.5 remix content

I'M DYING
XxVanitasXx

Postby XxVanitasXx » February 8th, 2015, 10:13 am

XxVanitasXx wrote:Exclusive hd 2.5 remix content

I'M DYING

My post killed the thread.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » March 28th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Reviving because I'm in complete KH mode right now. Returned to 1.5 Remix, finished Proud mode, got hit with feels and nostalgia during the ending I haven't seen in a decade, then made Ultima Weapon and cleared all the superbosses. Everything's done sans collecting all of Donald and Goof's weapons and a few accessories. Finally ready to move on to 2.5 Remix AND OH BOY CRITICAL MODE TIME.

Tonight's been fun. Gonna be more fun. Gonna get shit sleep and wake up feeling like shit tomorrow so I can draw and hurry up and get back to KH. Am I the only one in these forums who's going nuts on Kingdom Hearts right now?
Spoiler! :
Even if not I don't care, I just felt like gushing. I gave up getting Bloodborne this week for this. The fanboyism is real.

*EDIT*
Oh god I forgot about having to drudge through the Roxas stuff at the beginning. Hopefully I make it to Sora tonight.
Seven Rain

Postby kevansevans » March 29th, 2015, 12:13 am

Seven Rain wrote:Oh god I forgot about having to drudge through the Roxas stuff at the beginning. Hopefully I make it to Sora tonight.

If you've played 358/2, you'd understand why that roxas part is significant. And I mean played, that cutscene only version did not do justice to it.
kevansevans

Postby Seven Rain » March 29th, 2015, 1:17 am

kevansevans wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Oh god I forgot about having to drudge through the Roxas stuff at the beginning. Hopefully I make it to Sora tonight.

If you've played 358/2, you'd understand why that roxas part is significant. And I mean played, that cutscene only version did not do justice to it.

It's not that I don't know how significant it is, I just don't enjoy Roxas and his pals enough to care for the mundane slice-of-life stuff early on. I like it more when the actual plot starts picking up around the mansion and Axel's appearance and whatnot, though, and the Struggle Tournament is cool. (Especially seeing Setzer and Vivi.)
Just hate the job grinding and mystery-solving. I used to be a lot more bitter towards Roxas and the intro, and while I don't totally hate on them anymore I still find it dull for a good while.
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » March 29th, 2015, 3:19 am

Seven Rain wrote:Am I the only one in these forums who's going nuts on Kingdom Hearts right now?

I was hype when 2.5 came out. And then there was only rage.

Have fun with Critical Mode, it made a man out of me.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » March 29th, 2015, 11:18 am

Mr Aids wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Am I the only one in these forums who's going nuts on Kingdom Hearts right now?

I was hype when 2.5 came out. And then there was only rage.

Have fun with Critical Mode, it made a man out of me.

I'm both fearful and hopeful that it'll be brutal. Proud mode in the first game was fun but overall not very hard once the ball got rolling. It probably helps that I chose the Shield at the beginning, (and did so again in 2,) but I was still hoping for it to be more brutal. It ended up feeling about as hard as it did when I was younger. Guess all Proud did was balance out with how I've generally improved at these games since I was a kid. Hell, I couldn't even beat Sephiroth and Phantom back then, but now I cleared them out as well as Unknown, (who was easier than Sephiroth, oddly enough.)
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » March 29th, 2015, 11:13 pm

Yeah don't worry, KH2 Critical Mode is brutal. I didn't even need to hit the max level to 100% KH1 on the hardest difficulty, and for KH2 I found that even at max level I was getting rekt with end game stuff. I found the bosses in KH2 to be like DMC bosses, in which they're almost impossible to beat without figuring out a pattern and easier once you do.

Except for Lingering Will. He will straight up fuck you in the asshole.
kevansevans wrote:

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » March 30th, 2015, 5:39 am

Mr Aids wrote:Yeah don't worry, KH2 Critical Mode is brutal. I didn't even need to hit the max level to 100% KH1 on the hardest difficulty, and for KH2 I found that even at max level I was getting rekt with end game stuff. I found the bosses in KH2 to be like DMC bosses, in which they're almost impossible to beat without figuring out a pattern and easier once you do.

Except for Lingering Will. He will straight up fuck you in the asshole.

Hoooboy, sounds good.
And bad.
Spoiler! :
And like it'll make my friends rage, since they had a lot more trouble with Proud mode in 1.5 than I did, yet we've all more or less sworn to do Critical together and immediately ostracize and poke fun at anyone who backs out.

It's definitely been brutal so far. Went for Land of Dragons first and ran out of potions and money in Beast's Castle. Thankfully his majesty saved my ass fighting the Door things.
What really has me shaking in my boots is remembering how Cure in KH2 eats your entire MP Bar no questions asked. Keeping myself alive will be endlessly more difficult than in the first game.
What have I done.

Spoiler! :
Also I'm not gonna lie; even without watching/playing Days I have more appreciation for Roxas and his shitty life during the beginning of 2. The mundane slice of life stuff only added to the impact of him realizing his perceived life is a lie that'll end as soon as Sora wakes up. I feel for the poor bastard differently than when I was an edgy teenager hating on him, but I could still do without having to play through that intro ever again.
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » March 30th, 2015, 7:00 am

Yeah if you want to stay alive you need to master Guard and Reflect, they stop you from taking lethal damage in most boss fights. Some limits are alright as well, but they're not as broken as KH1 and CoM.

Oh man, if you feel sorry for Roxas now you should watch 358/2 Days. THE FEELS MAN

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, I really need to finish Birth By Sleep. I really like the story and combat, but the realization that I have to repeat the same stupid mini-games on 3 different characters made me stop playing it. I think the game would be ok if you weren't a completionist but I always am when it comes to games like that.
kevansevans wrote:

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby XxVanitasXx » March 30th, 2015, 8:13 am

Mr Aids wrote:Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, I really need to finish Birth By Sleep. I really like the story and combat, but the realization that I have to repeat the same stupid mini-games on 3 different characters made me stop playing it. I think the game would be ok if you weren't a completionist but I always am when it comes to games like that.

Ah Birth by Sleep, probably my favorite entry in the series and easiest to break with command melding if you know what you are doing.
XxVanitasXx

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games