Kingdom Hearts General

Re: Kingdom Hearts General

Postby Molly-sama » June 23rd, 2015, 10:06 pm

Seven Rain wrote:James Woods always reprising his role, (and openly loving it,) makes it even better. I'm sure he'll be back for this one, too.

Yesssss. You can't do Olympus without James Woods. That is hands down the role I hope he is remembered for for generations, lol.

Xehanort’s story will come to an end in Kingdom Hearts III, but the Kingdom Hearts series is not finished. (Rather, Kingdom Hearts III brings to an end the “Dark Seeker” chapter of the series.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/06/kingdom-hear ... Yx7M8eh.99

Oh thank god. Dude was wearing thin. I mean, we have his origins, more or less, and his end goal. I'm glad they're not carrying it any further.

Also I love this picture and its lack of context:
Molly-sama

Postby Seven Rain » June 23rd, 2015, 11:46 pm

Molly-sama wrote:
Spoiler! :

"No time to explain! Get on the Disney train, we're going to Agrabah!"
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » September 15th, 2015, 12:36 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/ ... -announced
YOOOOO!
Kingdom Hearts II.8 will contain a HD remaster of Dream Drop Distance, along with scenes from Unchained X called Back Cover, set to tell the tale of the Foretellers and revealing new parts of the series' history. The final part of the collection is Birth by Sleep 0.2 - A Fragmentary Passage -, which is a completely new part of the story taking place after the events of the original Birth by Sleep, told
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » September 16th, 2015, 9:45 am

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Ground Zeroes

HD Aqua you say?
XxVanitasXx

Postby Afrohawkman » September 17th, 2015, 3:49 pm

Seven Rain wrote:http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/tgs-2015-kingdom-hearts-28-final-chapter-prologue-announced
YOOOOO!
Kingdom Hearts II.8 will contain a HD remaster of Dream Drop Distance, along with scenes from Unchained X called Back Cover, set to tell the tale of the Foretellers and revealing new parts of the series' history. The final part of the collection is Birth by Sleep 0.2 - A Fragmentary Passage -, which is a completely new part of the story taking place after the events of the original Birth by Sleep, told

I was really digging the idea of an HD remaster of DDD but...man does it look exactly the same. Because it was a 3DS title where they definitely knew what they were doing at that point, there really wasn't much they could do with it and it definitely shows. Sure the updated graphics are nice but I'm probably going to pass on it personally. I'll definitely grab KH2.5 and 1.5 at some point just to check out the games I haven't played in forever but this one doesn't really seem like it's worth much of the price, especially since it's really only 1 game and some cutscenes (which the Aqua ones look great but the Unchained X ones sound euuugh) as opposed to the usual 2 plus some cutscenes.

Oh well, maybe they'll make some additions to DDD to make it worthwhile.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » September 17th, 2015, 5:10 pm

I'm sure the differences will be more noticeable when played in person on a nice TV but the real selling point for me is being able to play with a controller. The game felt so weird on 3DS, and rather limiting at times. I love the 3DS but Kingdom Hearts just doesn't click with me as a handheld, even though MH managed to pull it off. Same with BBS. I have a lot more fun playing it in 2.5 than it was back on PSP.
Spoiler! :
It will be a bit hard to swallow a full-price release, though. I mean I'll pay $60 if need be, I love me some KH and being able to play 3D in HD and on a console will be worth it, but the price seemed a lot nicer when I thought it was 2.5+3D.

Also definitely grab 2.5 when you can. KHII Final Mix on Critical mode has been the pinnacle of the series for me thus far, barring the unleaded nostalgia of the first game. So fun and intense. I really gotta get back to it and grind out my levels so I can do the remaining superbosses.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » December 19th, 2015, 8:48 am

YOU GUYS.
Seven Rain

Postby gsman243 » December 21st, 2015, 10:25 am

I liked the Shotlock commands in BBS and I'm glad that they're returning.
Just a random Kingdom Hearts fan.
Image THE BEST VIDEO GAME SERIES EVER MADE
gsman243

Postby Seven Rain » December 21st, 2015, 10:47 am

gsman243 wrote:I liked the Shotlock commands in BBS and I'm glad that they're returning.

They look awesome, too. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of the gameplay in the new one reflects how OP Sora and Riku were by the end of KHII.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » March 23rd, 2016, 10:55 am

I have no idea why, but it would be funny to me if Sora's parents got to be revealed and have some part in the new game.

I mean they had to have forgotten him for a year...do they even know their kid is alive?
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » March 23rd, 2016, 11:35 am

Soft Dorito wrote:I have no idea why, but it would be funny to me if Sora's parents got to be revealed and have some part in the new game.

I mean they had to have forgotten him for a year...do they even know their kid is alive?

It'd be pretty funny, (if a bit dark,) if Sora's parents were just really absent-minded and apathetic about him, but he's just too cheery and stupid to realize they're bad parents and loves them anyway.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » March 23rd, 2016, 2:14 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Soft Dorito wrote:I have no idea why, but it would be funny to me if Sora's parents got to be revealed and have some part in the new game.

It'd be pretty funny, (if a bit dark,) if Sora's parents were just really absent-minded and apathetic about him, but he's just too cheery and stupid to realize they're bad parents and loves them anyway.

I mean, that would make sense, considering. But it could be worse...Makes me glad Xehanort is both too old or not in his body since Disney is spreading the Star Wars love. XD

Riku, though, who knows.
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby cloverthegreat » March 25th, 2016, 12:17 pm

Soft Dorito wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

I mean, that would make sense, considering. But it could be worse...

Final Kingdom Hearts game end cut scene- Sora is staring into a snowglobe with a miniature version of the end boss stage. Zoom out more to see hundreds and hundreds of snowglobes on shelves.

I haven't really wanted a PS4, but KH III and Persona 5 might break me.
cloverthegreat

Postby Soft Dorito » April 15th, 2016, 11:29 am

I've been spending virtually all my free time trying to complete KHFM before moving on to KH2 and BBS on PS3 (I've never had time to do a full get-ultimate-keyblade-and-win-everything-run), and man I forgot a looooot of stuff. Accidentally left the Hollow Bastion keyhole unlocked for about 10 hours...oops. Meanwhile screw those stupid sniper monkey heartless in Traverse Town. Seriously. It certainly makes me wish for a Dream Eater instead of Donald who will not freaking heal anyone but Goofy (including himself) at all or a Drive Form or somethiiiiinggggggggggg
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Soft Dorito » June 14th, 2016, 12:27 am

So making a new post since it's June...so. I'ma ramble a little.

I beat KHFM and moved on to KHFM2 but wow. This game has aged a lot more than I thought. It's very gimmicky in every boss battle (like how many times can you throw 'orbs' into a battle or a time constraint on something where narratively...that doesn't work (like Demyx, sure, there's more battles going on, so Sora's gotta go - but Luxord? why? and Jafar's ghost?). Also - why the fuck does it feel like they are using everybody's grandma's ghosts as villains? They barely do anything and then just...are gone. I mean, in the Pride Lands, it was some representation of Simba's insecurities as king following a life of leisure and irresponsibility (and also a heartless because you gotta kick something's ass) - that's fair. But Aladdin? He's barely in the story of Agrabah at all, Jafar is meant to be his genie form but he's a transparent dude flying around on a carpet until the end. Like for real? The only one that seemed to be all right was the running from Hades sequence, when you get blocked off until hitting him correctly/defeating a certain amount of Heartless, since that type of boss battle shows up fairly frequently in games (at least used to - I haven't played many a'these new-fangled games).

Of course the ghosts are only when they aren't just rehashing what they did before, like using Ursula again with no mention that she was defeated in the first game (though this one does tie up the Little Mermaid story - thank god) or having Jack Skellington not learn a damn thing from the first game plus bringing back Oogie Boogie. It's just confusing since they used Stitch, but not a Stitch/Hawaii world (could've been some good parallel to Sora's home, like when he imagines himself and Kairi dancing instead of Jack and Sally), which would have been waaaay more fun than *shudder* the singing. That part is still horrible.

My biggest beef with this game used to be the under-utilized Disney worlds (or just under populated...), but now I see that there's a lot of wasted character potential, too. There's a lot of focus on each world's problem and very little tying it to the main cast (save for Halloweentown, briefly). It's just Sora shows up, finds the villain, saves the world's main character, kills the villain, goes to the next world with very little word beyond "Hey, have you seen Riku, maybe?" (like hi, Harry). When Elizabeth is kidnapped by pirates, can't Sora flashback to the first game in Neverland with Riku and Kairi? Couldn't Sora remind Simba how he lost faith in himself after losing the keyblade to Riku, so the loner/pity party act is bull and he should listen to his friends? That sounds right up KH's alley. I mean, Sora and Riku certainly do grow as characters, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Especially with the whole "nobodies don't have hearts" thing being "psyche!" (or at least implied) by the added FM cutscenes and 3D's (which, I think handled much of the other problems much better, so maybe they just had to work those gimmicks out). With 3 possibly being somewhere out there soon it makes me wonder how they're going to juggle all that. Looking at the videos with Rapunzel's world it looks like at least the environments will be improved on, and hopefully not as empty.

I will say Roxas's storyline ending with a battle to his incredibly sad sounding theme was the best decision. Holy crap it's sadder playing against him once you know all his issues (watching the cutscenes for 358/2 helps - I can't find my actual copy, lol).

And I will say I don't have as much of a problem with the story as I know some people do, but I can see the differences in how it was presented vs. KHFM and how that would throw most. KH1 seemed to have it more together, in the end.

Also my friend/housemate Jessica and I dubbed Ansem!Riku "Riko (Rico) Suave" in the first game (following Sora's "Who are you???" line in that one cutscene) and it is the only thing that ever made me sad that Riku got his freaking life together. XD
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games