Kingdom Hearts General

Re: Kingdom Hearts General

Postby Mr Aids » December 18th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Crystalbear wrote:Because maybe Versus XIII has been in development for far longer? You can only hold so much on your plate at once.

A game 'in development' for over 5 years that's not left any time to work on anything else? Wow, this game better be fucking amazing.

TCF wrote:The new game is pretty much KH3 in all but name.

Wait a minute...

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Kingdom Hearts 3

kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby TCF » December 18th, 2011, 9:41 pm

The new game is KH3.
TCF

Postby KirbyHead » December 18th, 2011, 9:43 pm

I don't think there's much point to continuing the discussion. I believe SE has shown a poor ability to manage their projects and balance their priorities. I enjoy the games they make, but they need to get better at planning and scheduling. It's possible to give definite release dates without rushing development: most game companies do this all the time. It's also possible to work on more than one project concurrently, especially for a developer of SE's size. I think they need to step up their game, consider their entire audience a bit more (even if they're a Japanese company, KH is heavily affiliated with a particular Western company, and it's not like there haven't been numerous Japanese companies that have considered their Western audience first before), and make more intelligent marketing decisions. But that's just me.

Mr Aids wrote:
Crystalbear wrote:Because maybe Versus XIII has been in development for far longer? You can only hold so much on your plate at once.

A game 'in development' for over 5 years that's not left any time to work on anything else? Wow, this game better be fucking amazing.

That's what I'm saying. This is going to beat Duke Nukem levels of ridiculousness before long.

Wait a minute...

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Kingdom Hearts 3

KirbyHead

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 18th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Mr Aids wrote:

Wait a minute...

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Kingdom Hearts 3

I hope you realize I'm making this a rage comic.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » December 18th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Mr Aids wrote:

Morrowind took about 5 years to develop, Oblivion and Fallout 3 both took about 4 years and Skyrim took around 3 years. On top of that there weren't really any big series released during said games' development, unless you consider Brink and WET on the same level of development time and effort as a core KH game.
Just sayin'.
Last edited by Seven Rain on December 18th, 2011, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Rain

Postby Crystalbear » December 18th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Give me a damn break.

3D refers to it being a 3DS title, DUH. "DDD" is a play on 3D. DDD = Three D's.

Also, Ocarina of Time was in development for 5 years after Link's Awakening, and everyone calls it to be the perfect Zelda.
Crystalbear

Postby KirbyHead » December 18th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Crystalbear wrote:Give me a damn break.

Also, Ocarina of Time was in development for 5 years after Link's Awakening, and everyone calls it to be the perfect Zelda.

Dude, I hope you realized we were all joking around. Also, I already mentioned that Zelda games aren't really an example of a time frame or console-reliant series, since none of them are related to each other. Ocarina of Time was also developed on a then-next-gen console, which explains the wait as well. This is completely different for KH, which is probably going to hit seven years without a significant console release before long. Though since Final Fantasy games aren't exactly related, Versus may count as something of an exception. Five years is still a hell of a long time between announcing a game and then finally announcing that you are going into FULL PRODUCTION, which they did in September. Seriously, if you announce a game it should be in some sort of full production at that point. Again, bad planning on their part.
KirbyHead

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 18th, 2011, 10:10 pm

GAIZ! GIAZ!

I made an lol out of Aid's post.
Spoiler! :
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Mr Aids » December 18th, 2011, 10:41 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:GAIZ! GIAZ!

I made an lol out of Aid's post.
Spoiler! :

Lol nice!

I'm clearly not biased at all.

Crystalbear wrote:Give me a damn break.

I'm well aware of that, I was trying to make a joke to end all the arguing. Comedy is clearly not my strong suit.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby TerminalMontage » December 18th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Man.

MAN.
TerminalMontage

Postby Afrohawkman » December 18th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Why does everyone hate Xion? I fucking loved Xion.

No seriously, I see this all the time. I say "aw I loved Xion!" and get like a backlash of people saying how she's pathetic and a waste of a character.
Afrohawkman

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 18th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Why does everyone hate Xion? I fucking loved Xion.

No seriously, I see this all the time. I say "aw I loved Xion!" and get like a backlash of people saying how she's pathetic and a waste of a character.

Xion was awesome!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Afrohawkman » December 18th, 2011, 11:00 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:Why does everyone hate Xion? I fucking loved Xion.

Xion was awesome!

Afrohawkman

Postby tveye » December 19th, 2011, 12:51 am

I also love Xion. She's a better pair with Roxas than Axel in my opinion.
tveye

Postby Afrohawkman » December 19th, 2011, 10:45 am

*looks around* YES! First one to post THIS: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Jump Festa 2012 trailer!!!

Oh my god, I just watched it. My excitement is far beyond peaked. It's...this game cannot come faster. Holy crap. That was amazing.
Spoiler! :
LEA!!! <3
Afrohawkman

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games