Kingdom Hearts General

Re: Kingdom Hearts General

Postby Afrohawkman » December 19th, 2011, 2:16 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:I don't want to rebuy a 3DS though Square! MAKE IT FOR VITA TOO.

Get out.
Afrohawkman

Postby tveye » December 19th, 2011, 2:43 pm

DONKEY PINOCCHIO?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!

Does this mean we're going to fight the Coachman? :shock:

Revenge is mine, you son of a bitch.
tveye

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 19th, 2011, 2:53 pm

tveye wrote:Does this mean we're going to fight the Coachman?

That bastard.....I GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH HIM!
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Crystalbear » December 19th, 2011, 4:31 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Dat intro... It's gonna be mind-blowing. Didn't they say they'd have a new theme instead of just re-using Simple and Clean or Sanctuary? Hopefully they're smart enough not to let anyone but Utada do any new themes, haha.

No, turns out it was false, somewhat. The theme is just going to be instrumental.
Crystalbear

Postby Seven Rain » December 19th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Huh. Oh well, still gonna be an amazing intro with clips like those. It's going to be incredible seeing all those old scenes from the games being redone with those gorgeous CGI visuals.
Seven Rain

Postby TCF » December 20th, 2011, 1:21 am

DAT TRAILER.
I have no idea what's going on with the story anymore, but dat nostalgia fuel.
TCF

Postby Seven Rain » December 20th, 2011, 2:45 am

TCF wrote:I have no idea what's going on with the story anymore,

Spoiler! :
  • Sora beat up Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless.
  • Sora and Riku beat up Xemnas, Xehanort's Nobody.
  • Xehanort is somehow coming back because Sora and Riku beat up Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody.
  • Sora and Riku need to take the Mark of Mastery because Yen Sid said so and so they can beat up Xehanort. KH3D is basically their Yoda training.
  • ????
  • Kingdom Hearts 3!
Seven Rain

Postby tveye » December 24th, 2011, 8:34 pm

So, what worlds do people hope to see?

I'd like to go to a Treasure Planet world. I loved that movie.
Jungle Book would be nice as well, since we were supposed to get that in an earlier game (the first one I think) but was cut.
tveye

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 24th, 2011, 8:36 pm

I kinda wanna see some pixar flicks. Maybe Toy Story.

But I want to revisit the worlds in BBS. Mostly Lilo and Stitch's world.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » December 24th, 2011, 9:04 pm

tveye wrote:I'd like to go to a Treasure Planet world. I loved that movie.

I still need to see that movie but I'd like to see that too.
Pixar would be neat too, but what I want to see most is DUCK TAAAAALES. DUCK TALES DUCK TALES DUCK TALES, MAKE IT HAPPEN SQUARE/DISNEY.

Also The Rescuers and The Emperor's New Groove.
Seven Rain

Postby Crystalbear » December 25th, 2011, 12:47 pm

I'd like to see a Pocahontas world.

Though, that's mostly because this one guy on youtube made these "Kingdom Hearts 3DS Imagined" music tracks for what-if worlds (Notre-Dame included), and he did a track of "Colors of the Wind" as the field theme. It was really good.

As with his Notre-Dame tracks. I'm seriously setting myself up for disappointment regarding the actual tracks in-game.
Crystalbear

Postby tveye » December 25th, 2011, 12:50 pm

I heard those songs! I had no idea he made more...but he also had a Hellfire one made too. It was awesome.
tveye

Postby Crystalbear » December 25th, 2011, 1:10 pm

tveye wrote:I heard those songs! I had no idea he made more...but he also had a Hellfire one made too. It was awesome.

Oh yes, the Hellfire one was fantastic. Part of me is really hoping that track, if it will be in the game, will sound like that, but I doubt it. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment...
Crystalbear

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2012, 4:44 am

HOW LONG HAS THIS THREAD BEEN HERE?! *facepalm* Dammit I need to get someone to inform me of these things. lol I love that this thread is here. It's really weird to realize a game influenced you a lot, but KH and FFIX have both gone into my artist's statement/thesis paper about my influences and inspirations. I freaking love these games.

tveye wrote:[*]Axel is also going by his real name (Lea) so maybe he's been turned back into a human?

...And now the level has reached "Must have this game" to "Will murder for this game." lol Oh...he's missing those little marks under his eyes in the trailer, too...

Afrohawkman wrote:
tveye wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Okay, so blah blah blah, rambling is over. Not like anyone is gonna read all of this anyways.

WRONG! Your experience is similar to mine. I was 10 when I first heard about Kingdom Hearts...pretty sure I was already 11 or 12 when it came out. But, yeah.

SAME HERE! Although I got into the series backwards. I heard about Kingdom Hearts via Chain of Memories.

Waaaay too many pages in to comment on this but who cares I'm doing it anyway. XD
Oh god I still remember when I found out about this series...I was 12 and watching my brother run through some new and old demo disks (it was practically a ritual when we were younger and got bored), and instead of giving into what I wanted him to play (the "trailer"/intro movie to Chrono Cross), he told me about a Final Fantasy/Disney crossover the disk advertised. We were going to watch to see how ridiculous it was. Remember that old trailer with Cloud walking by Sora just before it cuts to Neverland? That's the first one I saw, and I WANTED THAT GAME. It was the first game of its kind I ever played (any JRPG I played before were mostly turned based or close enough - FFVII and SO2 mainly). My brother and I debated it for months about my asking for it since he thought it would suck and I just plain didn't care. Cloud, Hades, Jack Skellington were all I needed. XD It was more difficult than I thought it would be, but damn that game was worth it. The KH series is practically the only series keeping me in waiting for any game these days, and it's the only one I'll set aside projects over. KH2 is my favorite, followed by the original and BBS, despite the massive disappointment some of the Disney worlds gave me. Also, I don't care what yaoi fangirls say, I love the friendship between Riku and Sora. I think a lot of the...erm, confusion? comes from not wanting to write an overbearing rivalry for Kairi's attention (it's limited at best in the original game).

I really, really wish they'd put some more FFIX characters in with some slightly larger roles (Zidane and Kuja would be perfect!), and since they've finally answered my prayers about a HoND world, use Princess and the Frog. For crying out loud, the bad guy goes by the Shadow Man and controls creatures of darkness. Hello easy adaptation! XD lol Also more Kairi active role please. Like Aqua, who was badass and amazing and now I'm in gush mode over this game can you tell.

Also Demyx. <3 Don't ask me why. He's just friggin' adorable and had one of the funniest intro scenes I've seen in a game for a bad guy.

I'm getting a 3DS solely for KH3D. I don't care how long it takes for the game to come out or anythiiiing, as I proved by getting a PSP at launch when rumors of Dissidia had just kicked up (about five years in advance -- worth it). XD

And...sorry to make this post even longer, but...who...who will voice Frollo? Tony Jay died in 2006, and he was so amazing...

Postby Seven Rain » January 6th, 2012, 8:14 am

Molly-sama wrote:and now I'm in gush mode over this game can you tell.

Ahaha, I'd be a hypocrite if that kept me from reading your post.

Molly-sama wrote:And...sorry to make this post even longer, but...who...who will voice Frollo? Tony Jay died in 2006, and he was so amazing...

Iunno, but you'd be surprised how many of the Disney characters in the others didn't have their original voice actors. Me and my friend blew our own minds one day going through the voices to find out that most of the Disney characters in the KH games are just played by really good impersonators.

On one hand it was kind of disappointing that Robin Williams and Danny Devito were in fact not in any KH game, but on the other it made us have even more respect for the ones that actually did return to play their characters, like James Woods, Jim Cummings and Bill Farmer+Tony Anselmo.
Spoiler! :
Speaking of which; according to Wikipedia, Cummings is going to voice Frollo.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games