SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 1:18 am

WELCOME TO SMASH GENERAL!
[UPDATED FOR 2014!]

Okay so, I ditched a dated piece of my old-ass 2012 post and thought it'd be worth adding a bit to this opening post. As of this edit, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS has released in all regions, and the Wii U version is right around the corner, so it's high-time we put together a Smash-ified FC/ID list!
Sure everyone can just add whoever willy-nilly via the Online IDs thread, but this'll be a list of people who specifically play SSB4 on one of or both systems;

In the spirit of the two Smash color schemes, I've color-coded the usernames based on the versions played/owned/planned to play/own; 3DS, Wii U, or both!
If anyone finds the color-coding annoying or eye-straining lemme know and I'll give them a standard color like the Online ID thread.

[Afrohawkman]
3DS Friend Code: 0259-0380-8157
Nintendo Network ID: Afrohawk

[ApaFox]
3DS Friend Code: 3050-7833-2510

[bluefiredragon]
3DS Friend Code: 2895-8861-1022

[Bowserknight]
3DS Friend Code: 5026-4413-4645
Nintendo Network ID: lordBowsir

[Captain Ghost]
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1008-6280
Nintendo Network ID: WindmillKey

[DracheLehre]
3DS Friend Code: 4682-8521-8591

[FourStringFingerSting]
3DS Friend Code: 1993-9250-3556

[IsaacCraveFries]
3DS Friend Code: 0061-0793-5346

[kevansevans]
3DS Friend Code: 3754-6999-7101

[Master_72]
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6882-9879
Nintendo Network ID: Counterclockwise

[Night Moon Comic]
Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

[Seven Rain]
Nintendo Network ID: SevenRain
Spoiler! :
I own the 3DS version but getting me to go back to it from the Wii U version won't be easy. I'd rather leave my 3DS info out of the list and do it case-by-case instead of advertising it.

[------------------------]

Discuss everything SSB here. Favorite game, fave characters/levels/modes/etc., discuss theories and make guesses/speculation on what we'll see in future games, just let loose!

I won't add a ton to it just yet. I'll have plenty to gush about later, but to finish off this first post I'll go ahead and move this over here;
SpiralPen wrote:While Super Smash Bros. is on the subject table, I'm feeling curious. I know this is an age-old question, but I wanna know.
SO IF YOU COULD PICK JUST ONE NEWCOMER, who would your pick for the next entry be?

Ohohoho, man. Tough choice. I don't know if I could just pick one... It also depends on if we're talking first or third party.

If Snake stays in I'd love to see MGS4/Rising Raiden make it in, too.
*EDIT*
Duh, that's third party, too. Guess my mind blanked on first party characters I'd want to see that aren't already in it or at least have already been in it.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Ghirahim.

We're pretty much guaranteed some new representative from Uprising, and my money is on Magnus. Can't say I'd complain about anyone from that game getting added, but it'd be nice if Sakurai made some adjustments to Pit to make him match Uprising a bit more.

Now if we're talking third party...
Put this in;
Preferrably with interchangeable weapons.

After that Door to Phantomile remake I wouldn't mind seeing Klonoa make it in.
Travis Touchdown would be awesome, too... As would Shulk from Xenoblade.
Maybe even Quote from Cave Story. That'd be neat.
OH! And this gal:
Spoiler! :
GRABBING IS WHERE YOU MUST BEGIN SHAKING FOR TREASURE FROM WITHIN THROWING FAR IS HOW TO WIN!

Now... If I had to pick any character... It would be one that prooooobably has the least chance of making it in out of everything I've listed.
Spoiler! :
Go ahead and roll your eyes, to hell with it!

ApaFox wrote:The super fighting robot from the year 20XX.

My only problem is that I like X a lot more, but he has less of a chance to make it in. :C
And on top of that I like Zero more than X, but judging by the track record getting two new representatives from one series is already a longshot, especially if one of them isn't a villain.

Kinda the same deal with Sonic. I think he's cool and all but deep down I'd rather play as Shadow or Metal Sonic, or even Knuckles or something. Yet I knew from the get-go none of the Sonic universe characters I'd really want to play as would make it in, haha.
Last edited by Seven Rain on March 16th, 2016, 1:22 am, edited 15 times in total.
Seven Rain

Re: It's That Time... SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS!

Postby RyoSoulreaper » April 10th, 2012, 1:21 am

Mr Aids wrote:
RyoSoulreaper wrote:
SpiralPen wrote:While Super Smash Bros. is on the subject table, I'm feeling curious. I know this is an age-old question, but I wanna know.
SO IF YOU COULD PICK JUST ONE NEWCOMER, who would your pick for the next entry be?

I'd pick Isaac or Felix or hell Isaac's Son from Golden Sun.

Psyenergy bitches.

YES ISAAC

From the original. Not when he suddenly learned to say things apart from 'Yes' or 'No' in The Lost Age.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby TerminalMontage » April 10th, 2012, 1:35 am

Please, this is all I want in life.

Also I put so much time into all 3 Smash Bros. My best character is Game & Watch in Brawl, used to play competitively all the time, win tournaments, last one I won I got about 170 bucks. I've never really had my ass handed to me, except for on Wifi in Brawl, since there is literally a 2 second delay when you do anything. Also used to go to the lounge at my old college with a gamecube and offer it to anyone who could beat me in a 1v1, I still have the gamecube.

None of that, chain grabbing stuff either, I hated playing with people that just worked on mastering cheap tactics like that, I'd still win, once they're little exploit fails them there isn't anything they can do, I like G&W cause with him I feel like I have complete control (of my own movements, so I can adapt real quick), I can jump off the level unleash a flurry of attacks and return back to the stage no problem, it's like G&W is an extension of me, rather than me playing a video game and controlling a character with my hands by pressing buttons on a controller to make him move.

But with the balance issues I'd put G&W on a pretty high tier, not as high as Meta Knight, or Snake, probably 3rd below Toon Link and whoever else peopled called cheap (I forgot). Man good times. I hope the 4th game is better balanced, cause if Geno does happen to show up, and be on the short end of the tier, I'll be so pissed.
TerminalMontage

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 1:43 am

Tournaments, huh? Scary, I look forward to fighting you in the next game, assuming the online is nice. ;D
Like, SCV nice, preferably. It's the only fighting game I've ever played with lagless online.

I'd probably get my ass handed to me but it'd be fun to fight someone better than my friends. I have fun fights with them, and me and my buddy Alan usually end up rivaling each-others skills and duking it out at the end no matter how many other players were originally in the fight, but when I get serious with a character I'm great with, and really get in the zone, I feel like I'm just too far above them. It'd be nice to actually fight someone well above me for once and get some real training. Fighting high-level computers is just never the same as fighting good players.
Spoiler! :
Just make sure if we ever fight that we're in for the long-haul though, or you're at least available to. I have this thing I try not to mention because it sounds like an excuse if I talk about it openly, but I usually start to do much, much better in fighting games after several matches. I have a really weird warm-up phase thingy, and if we ever fought I'd want you to stick around long enough for me to be at my best, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » April 10th, 2012, 1:58 am

Seven Rain wrote:Maybe even Quote from Cave Story. That'd be neat.
OH! And this gal:
Spoiler! :
GRABBING IS WHERE YOU MUST BEGIN SHAKING FOR TREASURE FROM WITHIN THROWING FAR IS HOW TO WIN!

If Ice Climbers got a shot, I don't see why they can't.

Anyway, I was really good with Fox in the first two, but not in Brawl... he seemed slower to me there. But I did get real good at Toon Link, I can even main as Ganondorf. Won some online fight with the big lug.

Seven Rain wrote:My only problem is that I like X a lot more, but he has less of a chance to make it in. :C
And on top of that I like Zero more than X, but judging by the track record getting two new representatives from one series is already a longshot, especially if one of them isn't a villain.

Any of dem Mega Mens would be welcome in my opinion. Big N' got tons of options.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 2:52 am

So I just found this.
Uhh... That's Marth, right? Can he please look like this in the next SSB..?
Please...?
Pretty please...?
Seven Rain

Postby Samurai pizza hedgehog » April 10th, 2012, 5:37 am

First game I played in the series was melee, I liked because it was fast and fun fighting game. Brawl felt floaty and the story mode could have been much better.

Favorite characters? well i dont usually stick with one character but for Melee Link and Kirby. for Brawl Snake, Toon Link and Sonic

Characters I want for the next game? hmm thats a tough one. there are so many characters i would like to see in the next game.
Samurai pizza hedgehog

Postby MarioKong » April 10th, 2012, 5:53 am

Why the hell did they put C. Olimar in Brawl? Thats like putting Wheatley in Left 4 dead.
MarioKong

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 6:03 am

MarioKong wrote:Why the hell did they put C. Olimar in Brawl? Thats like putting Wheatley in Left 4 dead.

This analogy confuses me.
Seven Rain

Postby MarioKong » April 10th, 2012, 6:27 am

Seven Rain wrote:
MarioKong wrote:Why the hell did they put C. Olimar in Brawl? Thats like putting Wheatley in Left 4 dead.

This analogy confuses me.

Me too.
MarioKong

Postby Advertisement » April 10th, 2012, 6:29 am

YOU'RE TO SLOW
Advertisement

Postby MarioKong » April 10th, 2012, 7:27 am

Advertisement wrote:YOU'RE TO SLOW

Youre too troll.
Spoiler! :
MarioKong

Postby Afrohawkman » April 10th, 2012, 7:51 am

Posted from the Gaming Thread:

ApaFox wrote:

The super fighting robot from the year 20XX.

WHERE'S MEGAMAYUN? WHERE'S MEGAMAYUN?
THE MEGA POOOOOO, HAS HIT THE FAYUN!

Haha, but if I had to choose, since I know Mega Man's going to be in it, I'm honestly not all that sure. I'd REALLY like a separate Daisy character with her outfit from the Strikers games or other sports games but I doubt that's going to be an occurrence. I mean, I could easily see a better move set for her but it might not be popular enough to make it into a Smash Bros. game so I understand otherwise.

However, I'd kill so hard to see Sora in the game. He's been really showing up on a lot of Nintendo consoles lately so it's obvious Nintendo and Square Enix have a good enough relationship. If he were in the game...Oh man. I'd flip out.

TerminalMontage wrote:Also I put so much time into all 3 Smash Bros. My best character is Game & Watch in Brawl, used to play competitively all the time, win tournaments, last one I won I got about 170 bucks. I've never really had my ass handed to me, except for on Wifi in Brawl, since there is literally a 2 second delay when you do anything. Also used to go to the lounge at my old college with a gamecube and offer it to anyone who could beat me in a 1v1, I still have the gamecube.

None of that, chain grabbing stuff either, I hated playing with people that just worked on mastering cheap tactics like that, I'd still win, once they're little exploit fails them there isn't anything they can do, I like G&W cause with him I feel like I have complete control (of my own movements, so I can adapt real quick), I can jump off the level unleash a flurry of attacks and return back to the stage no problem, it's like G&W is an extension of me, rather than me playing a video game and controlling a character with my hands by pressing buttons on a controller to make him move.

Ah man, I remember that clan on All is Brawl, those were fun times man. We weren't really active all that long but I made a lot of friends that I see every now and then on Brawl. It was a joy to play with you guys. Got me a lot better too, had to practice against your beast G&W. I'm kind of surprised I won a couple matches against you, though the lag on the internet may have been a factor. Oh well, here's hoping SSB4 will fix that problem so we can really duke it out again :D

I think the one thing I'm looking forward to in SSB4 is the ITEMS FREE-FOR-ALLS AHAHAHAHA. I love being able to be good at the game and practice and beat people with items off but my absolute favorite thing in the world is to get 4 people who actually know what they're doing and play a hectic game with all items on high and random stages. It's rare to get people like that online so I'm hoping to find some people to stick with for SSB4. I can't wait to see what hectic items they come up with too. Assist Trophies were a great idea, I hope they bring those back too.

Plus I'm really interested in whatever story they come up with this time. Last time the story wasn't too bad but I hope they up their game this time.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 7:55 am

Oh believe me I'm up for everything in SSB. Items on, Items off, random characters, random stages, weird shit like Invisible and Stamina fights, 2v2, 1v3, (I've let three of my buddies team up against me before, that's fun as hell, haha,) you name it. Me and my friends treat SSB like a party game just as much as we treat it like a fighting game.

Speaking of which I hope the next game's online is not only lagless but allows local multiplayer online. It'd be fun if me and a local friend could fight you guys at the same time.
That would make for epic team matches, too.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 10th, 2012, 8:00 am

Seven Rain wrote:Oh believe me I'm up for everything in SSB. Items on, Items off, random characters, random stages, weird shit like Invisible and Stamina fights, 2v2, 1v3, (I've let three of my buddies team up against me before, that's fun as hell, haha,) you name it. Me and my friends treat SSB like a party game just as much as we treat it like a fighting game.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that, I'm hoping for some more playlists online too. I'd love to see the community style of MK7 make it into Brawl so you can choose custom setups including Special Brawl online. Now THAT would be fantastic. It'd be really nice to be able to fight against random people without having to worry about a time limit. I want 3 stock matches darn you!
Of course I could just go back to All is Brawl, they're all "random" people anyway =P

Seven Rain wrote:Speaking of which I hope the next game's online is not only lagless but allows local multiplayer online. It'd be fun if me and a local friend could fight you guys at the same time.
That would make for epic team matches, too.

It already does so I'm sure it'll be around in SSB4 xD
Afrohawkman

Next

Return to Video Games