SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Re: It's That Time... SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS!

Postby Afrohawkman » April 10th, 2012, 8:24 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Spoiler! :
Oh yeah and I never really did remember how rules work online... Can you actually set up matches with custom rules if you want or are you completely at the online system's mercy?
Despite all that talk earlier about being up for anything one thing me and my friends stick to 99% of the time is 5+ Stock matches, haha. I mean I'd be up for different stuff and all, but I hope we'll at least have the option of custom rules online, even if it's only Private Matches.

You can change normal settings like items, stock/time and damage ratio and other settings like that but nothing like the Special Brawl matches. Normally in private matches whoever lost first can change the settings in the next game (though they usually don't). I want some more custom rules whenever SSB4 comes out though. The insanity of the game is what I love the most xD
Afrohawkman

Postby ApaFox » April 10th, 2012, 12:38 pm

MarioKong wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
MarioKong wrote:Why the hell did they put C. Olimar in Brawl? Thats like putting Wheatley in Left 4 dead.

This analogy confuses me.

Me too.

Maybe we should ask Space Core how his cameo in Skyrim went....

Afrohawkman wrote:I want some more custom rules whenever SSB4 comes out though.

Yes, especially for public matches. Only a 3 minute rumble? Srsly?
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 1:10 pm

You're missing a 0 after that 5.
Seven Rain

Postby tezzle » April 10th, 2012, 1:42 pm

I always play as Yoshi because he can jump high and I like Yoshi...

...when the new game comes out...I will also pay as Yoshi.

whatamidoinginthisthreadohgod

But seriously I think Megaman should be in this next one. OBVIOUSLY that opinion is not a unique one, but specifically I'd like to see him in this game since he wasn't in MvC3. Other then that I don't care WHO they put in it as long as it's interesting and not just another different version of a character. Like seriously, maybe Olimar was a dumb pick but they're clearly not afraid to try unorthodox character choices, which I love about the franchise. I mean, who even took Mr. Game & Watch seriously at first? All like "Pfft what's a Game-and-watch this is butts he's only 2-dimensional THAT'S LAME." BUT HE'S PRETTY AWESOME YOU GUYS!

Maybe this time they'll finally kick out Jigglypuff. I mean, I'm sure people into the meta-game can explain to me how it's totally NOT just a lamer Kirby...but it's just a lamer Kirby. Also, while we're on the subject of Pokemon, I hope they don't do the predictable thing and swap out Lucario with Zoroark. ALSO-also, I don't know how to feel about the Pokemon trainer. It suddenly dawns on me a good chunk of the roster has slowly become POKEMON, and while Pokemon are cool and everything, maybe dial them back a bit? Hey Nintendo, tell you what, if you want real-time fighting Pokemon so badly MAKE A POKEMON FIGHTING GAME ALREADY! JEEEEZ I WANT ONE SO BADLY!

And my only other specific desire for the new game is since they're making a new Luigi's Mansion I'd like to see Luigi with a Poltergust 3000 this time around.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 1:53 pm

tezzle wrote:Maybe this time they'll finally kick out Jigglypuff. I mean, I'm sure people into the meta-game can explain to me how it's totally NOT just a lamer Kirby...but it's just a lamer Kirby. Also, while we're on the subject of Pokemon, I hope they don't do the predictable thing and swap out Lucario with Zoroark. ALSO-also, I don't know how to feel about the Pokemon trainer. It suddenly dawns on me a good chunk of the roster has slowly become POKEMON, and while Pokemon are cool and everything, maybe dial them back a bit? Hey Nintendo, tell you what, if you want real-time fighting Pokemon so badly MAKE A POKEMON FIGHTING GAME ALREADY! JEEEEZ I WANT ONE SO BADLY!

I dunno, it is pretty fun to beat cocky newcomers with Jigglypuff. Especially after she got rollout and was even easier to be a dick with.
Spoiler! :
NOBODY expects that Sleep KO the first time you hit them with it.
"Why does he keep going to sle-OH GOD."

I know what you mean about the Pokemon. Jigglypuff being an unlockable in every game is practically a running gag at this point, but I wouldn't complain if she was done away with. I think Pikachu + Red + Mid-weight Legendary is the perfect rep. line-up. I still miss Mewtwo, though, and I know there's no chance of him returning unless it was in addition to a new Mewtwo/Lucario stand-in like Zoroark. Now watch them ditch Lucario and make me start to miss him, too. Don't know what you got... 'Till it's gooone~

*EDIT*
Come to think of it... This isn't Pokemon-related but aren't we like... Crazy overdue for a new Metroid rep.?
I'm not one of those "RIDLEY FOR SSB!!!" people because I know he's canonically too damn big, but after Hunters and Prime 3 don't we have enough Bounty Hunters to chuck one into SSB yet?
If they just give us SA-X or Dark Samus I'll kill somebody though. I'm talkin', like... Rundas. That dude was a BAMF.
Last edited by Seven Rain on April 10th, 2012, 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » April 10th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Pokemon line-up:
Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer(Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard.)

Mario Line-Up:
Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Bowser

Zelda Line-up:
Link, Toon Link, Ganon, Zelda

Personally I think they did an alright job with the big 3 for nintendo in terms of characters.

Pokemon has the most by 1. Zelda got shafted.

GHIRAHIM FOR SSB4.
WALUIGI FOR SSB4.
Spoiler! :
Maybe Daisy but I'm gonna say they fuck it up and make her a Peach clone if they do add her.
I mean the recolor of Peach is cool but she get's jipped a lot.

Spoiler! :
Also add more FE characters. Jesus.
Same with KI. Pretty sure I wouldn't object Palutena.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby ApaFox » April 10th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
*EDIT*
Come to think of it... This isn't Pokemon-related but aren't we like... Crazy overdue for a new Metroid rep.?

Spoiler! :

You know who'd be interesting to have? Ryu Hayabusa.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Bre Ishurna the Wolf » April 10th, 2012, 2:36 pm

Spoiler! :
Spyro for the win!

Edit: as in, Spyro should be in the 4th game.
Everyone herps and derps sometimes!
Bre Ishurna the Wolf

Postby tezzle » April 10th, 2012, 3:07 pm

Bre Ishurna the Wolf wrote:
Spoiler! :
Spyro for the win!

Ooh! Or Crash Bandicoot. Let's get late-90s up in dis. BANJO-KAZOOIE FOR SSB4!
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Actually Crash has always been straight up Sony but I'm kinda surprised that Banjo and Kazooie haven't showed up yet... I mean have there even been any trophies from that game that I'm just forgetting about? 'Cuz I'm blanking.
Seven Rain

Postby Advertisement » April 10th, 2012, 3:48 pm

tezzle wrote:
Spoiler! :
Spyro for the win!

Sorry, Microsoft bought Rare, taking Conker and Banjo with em. NUTSANDBOLTS NEVER HAPPENED.
Advertisement

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2012, 3:54 pm

I didn't think that kept Nintendo from re-using some of their stuff like Banjo, though. I mean they still made that new Goldeneye game and released the DKC games on the VC.
Spoiler! :
None of the other cool Rare games have made it to the VC, though. I've heard that Rare told Nintendo it was okay to put their non-DKC games like Jet Force Gemini and DK64 on there but Nintendo has yet to do so. :C

Gettin' off-topic here, though. Sorry.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 10th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Seven Rain wrote:You're missing a 0 after that 5.

Oh hell yeah. We fight for long battles on All is Brawl. Once an Items FFA starts, it's usually going on for at least 8 or so hours straight.

You know what I really really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see in SSB4 for online mode? Some voice chat. Holy shit. That would be the most epic thing ever. I mean we can still run Skype on our computers if we absolutely must have it but I'd love some in-game voice chat, it would make matches SO much more hilarious. Being able to type to your friends some of the fails that happened during the game are great but being able to hear the reactions of the people playing while it's happening? It'd be the greatest thing in the world.

They'd be stupid not to do it at this point. I highly doubt they won't do it but still, I can't wait to be able to do that :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Bre Ishurna the Wolf » April 10th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Advertisement wrote:
tezzle wrote:
Spoiler! :
Spyro for the win!

Sorry, Microsoft bought Rare, taking Conker and Banjo with em. NUTSANDBOLTS NEVER HAPPENED.

Nintendo used Snake from Metal Gear for SSBB.
Metal Gear was solely made by Konami.
The first game of Metal Gear was made for the Gameboy.
I bet Spyro would be in SSB4, since Spyro's fourth game was also for the Gamecube, and has his games available on Nintendo gaming systems ever since.

Spoiler! :
Also, Dark Spyro should be either a final smash or a color pallet if he was confirmed as a playable character.
Everyone herps and derps sometimes!
Bre Ishurna the Wolf

Postby Afrohawkman » April 10th, 2012, 4:31 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:No no no, they'll replace Jigglypuff with some new gen pokemon like they replaced Mewtwo with Lucario

:(

Well...Jiggs has been in since the first game. Not to mention she's the most adorable thing in the world to kick your friends' asses with.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. :)
Afrohawkman

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games