Page 109 of 113

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 3:42 pm
by bluefiredragon
Ohmygosh. I remember back in the days where Smash came out and I mained Sonic. Literally Side-B/Down B all the way across the stage until you hit something, then jump and do literally any aerial attack. Somehow, no one caught on, and even today my friend still can't beat it somehow. I've beaten a lot of Sonics with Cloud though... I mean, really, how would I not know how to beat my own character?

Sonic is really just an easy character to pick up, he's awesome, fast, cool, and has had some recent buffs. Great mind games and mix-ups, just don't get too repetitive. You have to really try to resist spamming your specials, otherwise you just look like a noob. Usually I mix things up with a short hop-FAir or NAir, or full hop BAir. Don't short hop the BAir, I don't think it autocancels when it hits the ground. If you want to put on more shield pressure, you could jump and BAir twice, then Spin Dash out of danger to escape.

Sonic has pretty bad kill options, B-Throw doesn't kill from ledge until 140%, and U-Throw pretty much can't kill at all. His Smashes should be thrown out fast rather than charged, to make use of their fairly fast start-up. Unless you're trying to punish a shield break(but face it, that's once in a blue moon with Sonic), then just Up Smash, which usually kills much more easily than anything else. For fat characters or if you're near the ledge, F-Smash is a better option. Hope I helped with this ridculously long wall of text!

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 4:22 pm
by Seven Rain
You seem to know your stuff, blue. You play on Wii U? I'd be interested in fighting you sometime. I'm always hoping to find more people who can push me as hard as Afro does.

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 5:58 pm
by Raging Ghost
Seven Rain wrote:You seem to know your stuff, blue. You play on Wii U? I'd be interested in fighting you sometime. I'm always hoping to find more people who can push me as hard as Afro does.

If it weren't for college (soon university, maybe) and work, I'd be up there.

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 6:57 pm
by Seven Rain
Raging Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:You seem to know your stuff, blue. You play on Wii U? I'd be interested in fighting you sometime. I'm always hoping to find more people who can push me as hard as Afro does.

If it weren't for college (soon university, maybe) and work, I'd be up there.

Have we fought yet? It's been so long since I've picked up Smash that I can't remember who I have and haven't fought anymore. Other than the ones I've fought like a million times.

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 7:05 pm
by Raging Ghost
Seven Rain wrote:
Raging Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:You seem to know your stuff, blue. You play on Wii U? I'd be interested in fighting you sometime. I'm always hoping to find more people who can push me as hard as Afro does.

If it weren't for college (soon university, maybe) and work, I'd be up there.

Have we fought yet? It's been so long since I've picked up Smash that I can't remember who I have and haven't fought anymore. Other than the ones I've fought like a million times.


Last time we fought, we started with Corn mirrors.

Once I'm on Spring Break, maybe we can resume that kind of stuff, dunno, depends on my availability at the time. That, and/or Pokken.

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 7:08 pm
by Seven Rain
Raging Ghost wrote:Once I'm on Spring Break, maybe we can resume that kind of stuff, dunno, depends on my availability at the time. That, and/or Pokken.

I've been looking to dip my feet back into Smash, so I might take you up on that. Not gonna try Corrin mirrors again anytime soon, though. Just gonna work on my Bowser and some unorthodox characters.
Was really having fun with Lucas last time I was playing with local peeps.

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 7:56 pm
by Captain Ghost
I just finished school here mself, so I might be losing my Smash fix... (tragic, I know)

But anyway, yeah, I'd probably be game to throw down now and then too~

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 6th, 2016, 12:11 am
by bluefiredragon
I may talk big, but I'm just that 13-year old kid that knows and plays just well enough to constantly stay ahead of the standards. I'm not that great or anything, I'm just more educated than your average Smasher.

Also, I only play on 3DS. And if we ever do get to fight, I might not put up as strong of a fight as you expect. Or I might. I dunno.

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 6th, 2016, 10:50 am
by Randumbz
bluefiredragon wrote:Ohmygosh. I remember back in the days where Smash came out and I mained Sonic. Literally Side-B/Down B all the way across the stage until you hit something, then jump and do literally any aerial attack. Somehow, no one caught on, and even today my friend still can't beat it somehow. I've beaten a lot of Sonics with Cloud though... I mean, really, how would I not know how to beat my own character?

Sonic is really just an easy character to pick up, he's awesome, fast, cool, and has had some recent buffs. Great mind games and mix-ups, just don't get too repetitive. You have to really try to resist spamming your specials, otherwise you just look like a noob. Usually I mix things up with a short hop-FAir or NAir, or full hop BAir. Don't short hop the BAir, I don't think it autocancels when it hits the ground. If you want to put on more shield pressure, you could jump and BAir twice, then Spin Dash out of danger to escape.

Sonic has pretty bad kill options, B-Throw doesn't kill from ledge until 140%, and U-Throw pretty much can't kill at all. His Smashes should be thrown out fast rather than charged, to make use of their fairly fast start-up. Unless you're trying to punish a shield break(but face it, that's once in a blue moon with Sonic), then just Up Smash, which usually kills much more easily than anything else. For fat characters or if you're near the ledge, F-Smash is a better option. Hope I helped with this ridculously long wall of text!

Thanks :D

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 6th, 2016, 10:08 pm
by Captain Ghost
Anybody wanna play tonight at all? on either 3ds or Wii U, whichever~


edit;; i'll be checking back whenever I can the next few hours here (pretty frequently most likely), just gonna be tidying some stuff up in the meantime owo~

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 7th, 2016, 3:24 am
by Seven Rain
Captain Ghost wrote:Anybody wanna play tonight at all? on either 3ds or Wii U, whichever~


edit;; i'll be checking back whenever I can the next few hours here (pretty frequently most likely), just gonna be tidying some stuff up in the meantime owo~

Unfortunately I didn't find a chance to check the forums earlier, but I can maybe be available in a couple days, once I've gotten a WOE update done at the very least.

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 9th, 2016, 5:31 pm
by Captain Ghost
Sure thing, keep me posted!

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 9th, 2016, 6:10 pm
by Seven Rain
How's tomorrow evening/night sound?
The more the merrier, too. I've been wanting to play more dubs.

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 9th, 2016, 7:08 pm
by Captain Ghost
Sounds good to me~!


fight-ooooooo

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 5:02 pm
by SuperDoom
If Nintendo has SSB and Sony has PASBR, then what does Microsoft have?