SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Postby bluefiredragon » February 17th, 2016, 12:23 am

@Quilvic: I hate Bayonetta SOOOO much. I feel like she could be really good in the right hands but whenever I see a Bayonetta on For Glory they just WITCH TIME > F-SMASH.

Plus her easy bake combos make it FAR too easy to rack up damage on opponents, but maybe that's just me being bad at the game and not knowing WITCH way to DI. -badumtss- ^^"

Cloud is my current main right now, for anyone who wants to know.
Don't f*ck with the Zard.
bluefiredragon

Postby bluefiredragon » March 4th, 2016, 10:17 pm

The way to play against Bayonetta is simply to keep your distance, if you stay at the other end of the stage, you can avoid all her attacks. Neutral-B shoots at an upwards angle and can only hit someone with less than 1/3 of the stage between Bayonetta and her opponent, Side-B is bad in the neutral, and can be out ranged fairly easily,(or just shielded) and her Bullet Arts don't have that much range. If you play as Cloud, you can outcamp and outrange her with both Neutral B(Blade Beam) and Down B(Limit Charge), which is especially true in stages like Town and City or Smashville, both of which have moving platforms.
bluefiredragon

Postby Randumbz » March 4th, 2016, 10:46 pm

What's your opinion on Sonic? Is he a good character?
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Seven Rain » March 5th, 2016, 1:07 am

Randumbz wrote:What's your opinion on Sonic? Is he a good character?

You askin' blue or anyone in general?
Smash 4 finally got a tier list a while back, so that can be used as a general idea for how good a character is, and Sonic is pretty high up there;
http://www.ssbwiki.com/tier_list#Super_ ... _tier_list
I've never been able to make good use of him myself, but he can be really overwhelming even in the hands of someone who's not crazy with him.
Seven Rain

Postby Randumbz » March 5th, 2016, 9:31 am

Thanks. I was asking everyone. I tried him out this week and he's fun to use, but it felt hard to kill with him.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby bluefiredragon » March 5th, 2016, 3:42 pm

Ohmygosh. I remember back in the days where Smash came out and I mained Sonic. Literally Side-B/Down B all the way across the stage until you hit something, then jump and do literally any aerial attack. Somehow, no one caught on, and even today my friend still can't beat it somehow. I've beaten a lot of Sonics with Cloud though... I mean, really, how would I not know how to beat my own character?

Sonic is really just an easy character to pick up, he's awesome, fast, cool, and has had some recent buffs. Great mind games and mix-ups, just don't get too repetitive. You have to really try to resist spamming your specials, otherwise you just look like a noob. Usually I mix things up with a short hop-FAir or NAir, or full hop BAir. Don't short hop the BAir, I don't think it autocancels when it hits the ground. If you want to put on more shield pressure, you could jump and BAir twice, then Spin Dash out of danger to escape.

Sonic has pretty bad kill options, B-Throw doesn't kill from ledge until 140%, and U-Throw pretty much can't kill at all. His Smashes should be thrown out fast rather than charged, to make use of their fairly fast start-up. Unless you're trying to punish a shield break(but face it, that's once in a blue moon with Sonic), then just Up Smash, which usually kills much more easily than anything else. For fat characters or if you're near the ledge, F-Smash is a better option. Hope I helped with this ridculously long wall of text!
bluefiredragon

Postby Seven Rain » March 5th, 2016, 4:22 pm

You seem to know your stuff, blue. You play on Wii U? I'd be interested in fighting you sometime. I'm always hoping to find more people who can push me as hard as Afro does.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » March 5th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Seven Rain wrote:You seem to know your stuff, blue. You play on Wii U? I'd be interested in fighting you sometime. I'm always hoping to find more people who can push me as hard as Afro does.

If it weren't for college (soon university, maybe) and work, I'd be up there.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » March 5th, 2016, 6:57 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:You seem to know your stuff, blue. You play on Wii U? I'd be interested in fighting you sometime. I'm always hoping to find more people who can push me as hard as Afro does.

Have we fought yet? It's been so long since I've picked up Smash that I can't remember who I have and haven't fought anymore. Other than the ones I've fought like a million times.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » March 5th, 2016, 7:05 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Raging Ghost wrote:

Have we fought yet? It's been so long since I've picked up Smash that I can't remember who I have and haven't fought anymore. Other than the ones I've fought like a million times.

Last time we fought, we started with Corn mirrors.

Once I'm on Spring Break, maybe we can resume that kind of stuff, dunno, depends on my availability at the time. That, and/or Pokken.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » March 5th, 2016, 7:08 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Once I'm on Spring Break, maybe we can resume that kind of stuff, dunno, depends on my availability at the time. That, and/or Pokken.

I've been looking to dip my feet back into Smash, so I might take you up on that. Not gonna try Corrin mirrors again anytime soon, though. Just gonna work on my Bowser and some unorthodox characters.
Was really having fun with Lucas last time I was playing with local peeps.
Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » March 5th, 2016, 7:56 pm

I just finished school here mself, so I might be losing my Smash fix... (tragic, I know)

But anyway, yeah, I'd probably be game to throw down now and then too~
Captain Ghost

Postby bluefiredragon » March 6th, 2016, 12:11 am

I may talk big, but I'm just that 13-year old kid that knows and plays just well enough to constantly stay ahead of the standards. I'm not that great or anything, I'm just more educated than your average Smasher.

Also, I only play on 3DS. And if we ever do get to fight, I might not put up as strong of a fight as you expect. Or I might. I dunno.
bluefiredragon

Postby Randumbz » March 6th, 2016, 10:50 am

bluefiredragon wrote:Ohmygosh. I remember back in the days where Smash came out and I mained Sonic. Literally Side-B/Down B all the way across the stage until you hit something, then jump and do literally any aerial attack. Somehow, no one caught on, and even today my friend still can't beat it somehow. I've beaten a lot of Sonics with Cloud though... I mean, really, how would I not know how to beat my own character?

Sonic is really just an easy character to pick up, he's awesome, fast, cool, and has had some recent buffs. Great mind games and mix-ups, just don't get too repetitive. You have to really try to resist spamming your specials, otherwise you just look like a noob. Usually I mix things up with a short hop-FAir or NAir, or full hop BAir. Don't short hop the BAir, I don't think it autocancels when it hits the ground. If you want to put on more shield pressure, you could jump and BAir twice, then Spin Dash out of danger to escape.

Sonic has pretty bad kill options, B-Throw doesn't kill from ledge until 140%, and U-Throw pretty much can't kill at all. His Smashes should be thrown out fast rather than charged, to make use of their fairly fast start-up. Unless you're trying to punish a shield break(but face it, that's once in a blue moon with Sonic), then just Up Smash, which usually kills much more easily than anything else. For fat characters or if you're near the ledge, F-Smash is a better option. Hope I helped with this ridculously long wall of text!

Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Captain Ghost » March 6th, 2016, 10:08 pm

Anybody wanna play tonight at all? on either 3ds or Wii U, whichever~

edit;; i'll be checking back whenever I can the next few hours here (pretty frequently most likely), just gonna be tidying some stuff up in the meantime owo~
Captain Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games