SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Postby bluefiredragon » May 3rd, 2016, 6:32 pm

bluefiredragon wrote:The way to play against Bayonetta is simply to keep your distance, if you stay at the other end of the stage, you can avoid all her attacks. Neutral-B shoots at an upwards angle and can only hit someone with less than 1/3 of the stage between Bayonetta and her opponent, Side-B is bad in the neutral, and can be out ranged fairly easily,(or just shielded) and her Bullet Arts don't have that much range. If you play as Cloud, you can outcamp and outrange her with both Neutral B(Blade Beam) and Down B(Limit Charge), which is especially true in stages like Town and City or Smashville, both of which have moving platforms.

Well, I lied. Sure, she's easy to play against, if they don't know the 0-Death combos.

This is evidenced by the fact that I got legit rekt by a Bayo on FG that knew the 0-Death combos.

...I'm trying to learn the 0-Death combos myself so I can troll my brother's skrub trash friends. If you can't beat em, join em. :twisted:

I can't believe there are still some people on FG that do "the Reddit Combo" (Side-B(BA), upB, sideB, sideB). I can't believe I couldn't beat it earlier because it's terribly stupid and be escaped with regular DI -facepalm-
Don't f*ck with the Zard.
bluefiredragon

Postby Raging Ghost » May 19th, 2016, 9:51 am

Well, 1.1.6 will make it so Bayo will get off her high horse.

Spoiler! :
•Dtilt: ◦Hitbox Size: 3.5 -> 2.8
◦FAF: 36F -> 38F

•Fair: ◦First Hit Damage: 3.8 -> 3
◦Second Hit Damage: 2.8% -> 2.2%
◦Third Hit: ◾KBG: 82 -> 68
◾Autocancel Frame: 32> -> 33>
◾FAF: 36 -> 37

•Dair Landing Hit KBG: 140 -> 135
•After Burner Kick: ◦Upwards Kick: ◾All Hitboxes SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2
◾Early Hit KBG: 40 -> 50
◾Normal Hit KBG: 30 -> 38
◾Late Hit KBG: 100 -> 112

◦Divekick: ◾Damage: 8% -> 6.5%
◾Angle: 80° -> 60°
◾Hitbox Size: 6.5 -> 4.5
◾SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2

•Witch Twist: ◦All Hitboxes SDI Multiplier: 1 -> 2
◦Early Middle Hit: ◾Upper Hitbox: ◾KBG: 100 -> 97
◾WKB: 160 -> 140
◾Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21

◾Both Hitbox Sizes: 8 -> 7

◦Middle Middle Hit: ◾Upper Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21

◦Late Middle Hit: ◾Upper Hitbox Y Position: 24 -> 21
◾Lower Hitbox WKB: 160 -> 135

◦Last Hit (First Use): ◾KBG: 105 -> 80
◾BKB: 50 -> 55
◾Hitbox Size: 9 -> 8.5
◾Hitbox Y Position: 20 -> 19

◦Last Hit (Second Use): ◾KBG: 30 -> 50
◾Hitbox Size: 9 -> 8.5
◾Hitbox Y Position: 20 –> 19

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/19/ap ... iv5QUIG.99
Raging Ghost

Postby bluefiredragon » May 19th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Sorry, Sakurai, but you're a bit late to this party. ESAM got here first...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNu49zOkXE
bluefiredragon

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-St

Postby bluefiredragon » September 28th, 2016, 11:45 pm

Welp

This chat is pretty much dead

Don't know where any of you went and stuff, but...

If there's anyone reading this, please RSVP
bluefiredragon

Postby Seven Rain » September 29th, 2016, 1:10 am

I just don't have much to talk about. The only real reasons I'd have to post here would be looking for fights, but not everyone here has the Wii U version and out of everyone that does Afro pushes me the hardest so even when I'm in Smash moods I tend to just hop on Steam and see if he wants to fight, instead of coming to the forum. Smash can really bring out the tryhard in me, which is probably why I've been taking such a long vacation from it sans a few nights of random For Glory after watching my buddy Clint fight people and get me fired up enough to FG some people.

Hopefully Smash will come to the NX or something and we'll have another crazy Sakuride to hop on and post about.
Seven Rain

Postby MacSimon » September 30th, 2016, 8:05 am

Wonder where's my Cloud Amiibo. Then again, maybe they're waiting to release it with FF7 on the new NX?
MacSimon

Postby Raging Ghost » November 25th, 2016, 5:13 pm

Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » October 30th, 2018, 4:51 am

I really wish this side of the forum was still alive because the Smash Bros. Ultimate ride has been a fucking WILD ONE, YO.
Spoiler! :
And holy shit this thread's been dead for like 2 years now.

The hype of the out-of-nowhere tease with Inklings early in the year, the outrageous E3 presentation bringing back all the old cut characters and adding Ridley and awesome new mechanics, the August Direct that blew everyone away with Castlevania content and King K. Rool, and since then the leak train has been off the rails, even compared to previous games. Lots of wild claims here and there from people of varying track records for reputable leaks, (and anyone interested in discussing them please keep it all spoiler'd for those who don't want to potentially have the surprises ruined when characters get officially revealed!)

So for those not keeping up we've gotten a handful of newcomers and clones, (now dubbed "Echo Fighters" in an effort to give clones a better branding for those less-versed in fighting game traditions,) and we know we're getting the entire roster revealed before launch, so there are some remaining. How many? Who knows. Sakurai has also told us that they went a bit crazy with the reveals at first, and told us that they'd slow down, (though not necessarily that we wouldn't have as many, just slower,) and that we shouldn't expect as many newcomers as past games.
As for leak talk...
Spoiler! :
The two biggest names that have been floating around are the Vergeben leak claiming the remaining newcomers are Ken from SF, Incineroar from Pokemon, and a mysterious Square Enix rep. I believe Minecraft might be a part of it, too. Personally, if that were true I'd be pretty disappointed. I'm not crazy about Incineroar's design nor do I think he has much to offer that we don't already have, and I could do without a Minecraft rep.

The other, more interesting, and more controversial heavy hitter is known as the "Grinch Leak" due to the info coming from screenshots of a snapchat where someone working at a printing/advertisement company showed their buddy the finished Smash Bros. Ultimate banner with the remaining newcomers on it. Alongside it some promotional material for the new Grinch movie is seen, leading to it's nickname and memes.
It's relatively recent but it's been absolute insanity seeing how heated the debates over it's validity and the mass of evidence pointing to it being true. Like, if it's fake it's the most elaborate hoax-leak ever, even compared to the dude who whipped up that fake Rayman CSS video for SSB4.

If the Grinch Leak is real we're looking at Shadow the Hedgehog and Ken as Echo Fighters, with Banjo & Kazooie, Isaac from Golden Sun, Geno from SMRPG, the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven, and a character that many suspect to be Mach Rider. All according to the blurry shot of the banner. The evidence has made me lean real so hard, but it's also such a "too good to be true" situation compared to Verge I've been trying to keep my expectations in check. Like, those remaining newcomers are hype as fuuuuck, (though personally I think people underestimate the chance of Mach Rider actually being Captain Rainbow, though I'd be pumped on either of them, really. Maybe a bit more so for Mach.)

And if you want more info on either of these please go ahead and do a bit of Google-fu, I don't want to stretch this post out any longer going into the nitty-gritty.

Yet another leak, albeit one not involving the game's content or roster and much more reasonable, claims that we'll be getting info on an upcoming Nintendo Direct soon, and that that Direct will fall between November 8th-12th. Hopefully we're getting one soon, because this wait has been intense for a good chunk of the Smash Bros. fanbase, including myself. This game is like a dream-come-true already, if the latest leak proves true I won't be able to contain my excitement, but I might already be beyond the event horizon of expectations. I can feel the devastation already if Verge ends up being right.

It's all gonna come down to the next Direct, but regardless of what goes down with the leaks and roster and stuff, I hope there'll still be some SJ homies hanging around and willing to play when it comes out.
Spoiler! :
And I should probably update the original post, not that this side of the forum is busy enough for it to really matter.

*EDIT*
https://gematsu.com/2018/10/super-smash ... november-1
Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » November 1st, 2018, 12:24 am

I won't speak much to the rumours-- until it's confirmed, I try not to get too hype if I can help it D; (I mean, aside from the ever VERY present hype that comes with a new smash game at all ahaha~)
That being said, if Isaac came aboard I would be one happy camper hehe.
Even if he doesn't though, Ultimate is looking to be one helluva game. I'm pumped.

My bro's getting a switch soon so I'll actually be able to play! -- and would definitely be down for playing with some SJ folks o/

As for the direct tomorrow, I'm very much looking forward to it! my bro n I are getting up early to watch it~
Captain Ghost

Postby TheJGamer » November 1st, 2018, 12:44 am

Captain Ghost wrote:I won't speak much to the rumours-- until it's confirmed, I try not to get too hype if I can help it D; (I mean, aside from the ever VERY present hype that comes with a new smash game at all ahaha~)
That being said, if Isaac came aboard I would be one happy camper hehe.
Even if he doesn't though, Ultimate is looking to be one helluva game. I'm pumped.

My bro's getting a switch soon so I'll actually be able to play! -- and would definitely be down for playing with some SJ folks o/

As for the direct tomorrow, I'm very much looking forward to it! my bro n I are getting up early to watch it~

I'm extremely hyped about this game as well! Me and my friends have pretty much shot down every leak we've seen so far, heh. While I won't be able to watch the Direct tomorrow (bah, school), I'm looking forward to the final additions Nintendo's got to announce!

I'm also going to get a Switch for Christmas, so let's look forward to playing with each other! =D
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Seven Rain » November 1st, 2018, 10:45 am

Quoting this over here because I'm a dummy who forgot about this thread despite reviving it just the other day.
Seven Rain wrote:I've got a lot of mixed feelings about the Direct.
Spoiler! :
I'm pretty bummed that Verge wound up being right and we didn't get Geno or Mach Rider or any of that other cool shit, but they made Incineroar look way more fun than I thought he'd be, and Piranha Plant is such a bonkers newcomer I can't not love it. I'll just shift over to hoping for Geno as DLC.
I'm also sad that trophies are gone, like super sad, and the changes to online worry me a lot. The fact that we're no longer guaranteed 1v1s without items makes me really leery about ever wanting to step foot online. I was hoping for a more sophisticated online system or at least an option to see connection strength before fighting, but instead they went in a really weird direction with it.

*EDIT*
Ooh, I forgot about the Battle Arenas, though. Those will probably make up for it!

With those out of the way the rest of it was pretty exciting! The DLC prices are pretty reasonable, the cutscenes and story mode stuff were off the fucking chain, and Mii Fighters certainly look more fun this time around. It didn't blow me away as hard as I was hoping but I'm still more excited for this game than I've ever been for a Smash game before, and I can appreciate Sakurai still flexing his ruse powers on us.
Seven Rain

Postby kevansevans » November 3rd, 2018, 12:49 pm

I'm not upset that the leak was fake, more just upset that's how they decided to end the roster reveal. 70 characters is nice and all, but if it's the final direct, ending it at 75 would've been the bang to leave everyone satisfied. Everything else is pretty cool, no complaints there.
kevansevans

Postby Seven Rain » November 3rd, 2018, 6:15 pm

kevansevans wrote:I'm not upset that the leak was fake, more just upset that's how they decided to end the roster reveal. 70 characters is nice and all, but if it's the final direct, ending it at 75 would've been the bang to leave everyone satisfied. Everything else is pretty cool, no complaints there.

Yeah I feel like the biggest problem was the pacing and order of the reveals. It feels like the final Direct was aimed more at the wider casual audience by showing off a Pokemon newcomer and all the spirit stuff, which didn't sit well with the more hardcore fans who were info starved and expecting a big finale and crazy character reveals. I bet there'd be less controversy if they had revealed all this stuff back in August and gave us the Castlevania and Rool trailers as the finale, but oh well. (Piranha Plant was destined to be super polarizing regardless though, hahaha.)

I'm still sadder about losing trophies than I am about losing the Grinch Leak. Geno and Mach rider would've been amazing, but they still hold a sliver of hope as DLC fighters so it's not all bad. Shadow would've been fun too, especially as a slower, heavier-hitting Sonic Echo but I'm not too torn up about that. Losing trophies just hurts, though. Spirits will still scratch my collecting itch and I love classic artwork and stuff but still. Trophies are just such a strong tradition and I've always loved them.
Spoiler! :
The only other complaints I have are such minor petty things I'd never truly hold against the game. Like the challenges menu not looking very appealing to me with it's weird comic book format, and not having a way to toggle the order in which you select characters and stages. (I know it's better for tournaments but picking your character before the stage just feels right after doing it for so many years.)
Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » November 13th, 2018, 2:11 am

With the new smash trailer/commercial being put out sans music track...
people have taken it upon themselves to add some tunes and gosh, a lot of them mesh Really Well ahahaha.

good stuff

This one is super nostalgic~

Hoooo.... less than a month until I can duke it out with folks more regularly again, I'm super hype ehe~
Captain Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » November 13th, 2018, 3:58 am

When I saw them start going around last night I stayed up making like a dozen of them, haha. I actually uploaded a couple choice edits.

I made a "serious" one using Iron Chic that felt like a really good fit, and I just really wanted something cool and sappy;

Then I couldn't help making a silly one. I'll never grow out of thinking it's hilarious to overlay this song on serious/dramatic scenes.
(And here's a third one with Captain Falcon's FZGX theme that I actually forgot to share elsewhere.)
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games