SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Re: It's That Time... SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS!

Postby SpiralPen » April 10th, 2012, 4:51 pm

HELL YEAH!! How did I not see this thread get linked last night??
Oh man, here I was scared that everybody was burnt out on the Smash Bros. talk from years of speculating.... HELL NO SON, I GOT IDEAS! I GOT TALKS TO TALK!

Aight, first off, let's keep things topical. Banjo. Or more specifically, Banjo and Kazooie. We all know they would make for the best fucking character and were practically conceived to be in Smash Bros., but Rare jumped ship on Nintendo and went on to make Nuts and Bolts and a bunch of shitty sports sims. Let's all have a moment of silence for what could have been. Secondly, and sort of on that topic, let's bring in King K. Rool from DK. I mean, no offense to anybody who likes Diddy Kong, but.... uh.... we could use some real Kong fighters by now. And I would much rather have K. Rool than a Funky Kong clone of DK or whatever the hell they might try to do with the baby apes.

Kirby
Spoiler! :
When it comes to Kirby, it pains me to say how many of the possible playable characters have been tapped. I love the hell out of Kirby and I feel it needs just a tad more representation in Smash Bros. Let's not get desperate and throw in Waddle-Dee or some shit, but it'd be nice to at least see Galacta Knight make an appearance as an alternate costume for Meta Knight. That and I've always kind of hoped they'd somehow throw in a way to include Rick the Hamster or maybe fishy or feathered friends. Dunno how they'd do it, maybe bring in some new mechanics or something. Either way, no complaints.

When it comes to the Mario series, I feel there's too much representation in the wrong ways. I love Luigi, he's my favorite of the Brothers, but he's just so damn similar to Mario! Isn't there something that could be done about that? Why not give him his own Luigi's Mansion centric play style? That would be awesome! And as for his brother! How come we haven't seen Paper Mario yet?? It fries my brain how cool that could be, if properly executed!!
I think Waluigi could have a fun playstyle and I'm all for his inclusion, and SADLY, my childhood dream was for Petey Piranha, but I guess he falls into the Ridley category.

OH! Dry Bones, though! I think Dry Bones would be way cooler than throwing in Koopa Troopa or something. He could utilize his ability to fall apart and come back together and still have all the regular Koopa moves they might think up.

When it really comes down to it, though. I think my ultimate desire for Mario fighters has got to be Baby Bowser and Shadow Mario. Sort of ironic because of the whole Bowser Jr. thing. Baby Bowser was such a fun boss fight in Yoshi's Island and he has so much spunk and bratty personality. I would love to be able to play as him. His Down+B could make the shockwaves and if it connected, it could stick him to the foe for continuous damage. Just like in the game! And as for Shadow Mario! I want his Sunshine rendition with the paintbrush! Being able to use the Paintbrush and its portal/evil slime abilities would be so much fun I think.

Ghirahim would be pretty radical. I've also always wanted Vaati, but I know it'll never happen. Nintendo can't seem to get enough of the Steampunk Pirates, maybe they'll force it on us one more time.
seriously that's the only miniboss and we fight it TWICE?? Palette swapped???
And for Metroid, I always thought a Chozo statue or Ghost would be pretty awesome. That or one of the Hunters from Hunters. I didn't care too much for the ones in Metroid Prime 3. Hell, I'd be happy playing as a space pirate actually. Pokemon, though. There is just no point in getting my hopes up for Pokemon. They will never have the ones I want. Ever. Honestly, I don't think Zoroark had the same impact or power type as Lucario, so my suspicion is Genesect is gonna be the new "SRS PKMN" just in time for a tie-in movie. Egh. I'd much rather have a playable Pokemon trainer whose moves each use a different Pokemon. Like Red and his team from SS/HG.
I think Resetti would actually make for a fun character, too... He could dig around instead of walking. It'd be pretty cool, I think!

And I guess that takes me to Third-Party.
Spoiler! :
Mmmmm. Mega Man obviously. I'd love to have Mega Man and even Zero would be super fly, but I don't think we'll ever see two of the same third party franchise. Haha, does Nintendo own the Battletoads? That might not be so bad. It's a shame Capcom yoinked Viewtiful Joe into other fighting games already, because they didn't do him much justice. I think he'd be more at home in Smash Bros. And I guess everybody hates me for this but Billy Hatcher doesn't sound terrible. I didn't think he was so bad! I guess my last possible ideas that seem plausible are Klonoa and maybe Bomberman.

I'm starting to forget some of my brighter ideas... So I guess that's all for now!

Oh, and I want my Roy back <//3
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby tezzle » April 10th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Oh, here's an idea: Any Japanese-only games they could tap into for fighters? They put Lucas in there having no intention of making an English Mother 3 release. What else is Japan holding out on us with?
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Grenadier » April 10th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:You're missing a 0 after that 5.

Oh hell yeah. We fight for long battles on All is Brawl. Once an Items FFA starts, it's usually going on for at least 8 or so hours straight.

You know what I really really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see in SSB4 for online mode? Some voice chat. Holy shit. That would be the most epic thing ever. I mean we can still run Skype on our computers if we absolutely must have it but I'd love some in-game voice chat, it would make matches SO much more hilarious. Being able to type to your friends some of the fails that happened during the game are great but being able to hear the reactions of the people playing while it's happening? It'd be the greatest thing in the world.

They'd be stupid not to do it at this point. I highly doubt they won't do it but still, I can't wait to be able to do that :D

I highly doubt Nintedo would do that. Many teens and adults online. Gotta keep it kid friendly.
Grenadier

Postby SpiralPen » April 10th, 2012, 8:18 pm

That's the reason for the "Online Content Not Rated" disclaimer! I would say Animal Crossing: City Folk has it to boost my claim, but that game isn't for kids.
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Advertisement » April 10th, 2012, 8:32 pm

nobody pays attention to those. Parents will complain either way.
Advertisement

Postby MacSimon » April 10th, 2012, 10:08 pm

AWWWW YEAH! SMSAH BROTHERS!

N64: I always used Samus. And Samus. : )

Melee: Still Samus, oh! And Jigglypuff! She was actually a great character to use.

This is my brawl team, from best to last-best:
Spoiler! :
[*]Samus (Both Zero Suit and Normal)
[*]Toon Link
[*]R.O.B.
[*]Mr. Game & Watch
[*]Shiek/Zelda
[*]Wario
[*]Link
[*]Lucas
[*]PKMN Trainer
[*]Falco
[*]Kirby
[*]Luigi

As for newcomers (Assuming the new third-party guys stay), i'd like to see a second PKMN Trainer, with a Chikorita/Quilava/Feraligart team...Or maybe a Team Rocket Grunt! : D
If we can choose from other games, i'd really like to see some internet/Indie games characters! Fancy Pants would be fun! And maybe something from Minecraft, like a map or some trophy.
But people want guys from other games so it probably wouldn't consider it.
MacSimon

Postby FlamingDbag » April 10th, 2012, 10:54 pm

64: Mario, Link, Cpt. Falcon
Melee: Link, Mario, Cpt. Falcon, Roy, Marth
Brawl: Ike, Toon Link, Link, Falco, Mario, Snake, Marth Sonic, Pit, probably more...
FlamingDbag

Postby RyoSoulreaper » April 10th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Oh ok, bandwagon time:

64: Link, DK
Melee: Link, Young Link, Mewtwo, Roy.
Brawl: Link, Toon Link, Samus, Marth, Lucario, Luigi, Pit, Pikachu
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby SpiralPen » April 11th, 2012, 1:34 am

Alright, let's do this thing~

64: Never owned a 64. Dark days. I was too little to really "get" it when I did play at other people's houses.
Favorite stage has gotta be the Great Fox drifting through deep space.

Melee: Roy. Fucking Roy. Everybody can HAVE Marth, I loved Roy. <3 Game and Watch, too.
Favorite stages have gotta be Big Blue, Hyrule Temple, Fountain of Dreams, Great Bay, Fourside, and PokeFloats.

Brawl: Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Olimar! Although I love playing as Pokemon Trainer and Lucario~
Favorite stages are as follows: Pirate Ship, The Summit, Norfair, Smashville, New Pork City, and Distant Planet.
I FUCKING HATE BATTLESHIP HALBERD! I don't know why, I wish I liked it!

Final Destination doesn't count as a favorite stage because it's pretty much essential to the Smash Bros. experience. I still love it.

Favorite items: Pokeball, Home-Run Bat, Warp Star, Motion Sensor Bomb, Mr. Saturn.

And my favorite extra mode has to be the Melee Adventure Mode.
Hell yeah.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » April 11th, 2012, 2:09 am

So uhh... Nintendo... WHEN ARE WE GETTING SOME DRAGON QUEST REPRESENTATION, SERIOUSLY.
I'd kill to play as Erdrick;
Dragon Quest isn't even just, like... A 90's thing. It's still hardcore Nintendo. Remakes released all over the DS, DQIX was DS exclusive, and DQX is gonna be Wii/Wii-U exclusive, so when can we get some Dragon Quest heroes in here?

Also I forgot about sharing favorite stages, hmm... There are a lot, but me and my friends all basically agreed long ago that our number one favorite level is Corneria from Melee. Nice and basic but with more room than stages like Battlefield and not all flat, also has a nice background and atmosphere complete with cool music.
It's like our signature stage. Whenever we can't decide on a level but don't wanna pick random or do something silly we all have one of those moments where we kinda look at each-other for a moment and then nod and go "... Corneria."

Bre Ishurna the Wolf wrote:Metal Gear was solely made by Konami.

That's a bit different. Konami and Kojima Productions don't have a contract with any of Nintendo's competitors, they can put their games out on any system they want, and the same goes for their characters.

Rare is a bit weird, though. They can't put their new games on Nintendo consoles, but I've heard them state that Nintendo is free to use their older games on the VC, and then like I said, there's that whole Goldeneye thing. Maybe Nintendo had the rights to that one and not Rare or something, Iunno.
I don't know enough about the industry to know whether Rare can even let Nintendo use their characters in SSB, but I do know that their situation is a lot different from Konami.

tezzle wrote:Oh, here's an idea: Any Japanese-only games they could tap into for fighters? They put Lucas in there having no intention of making an English Mother 3 release. What else is Japan holding out on us with?

Hrmm... I wish I knew of some interesting ones off the top of my head other than like... Custom Robo.

Grenadier wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:You're missing a 0 after that 5.

Oh hell yeah. We fight for long battles on All is Brawl. Once an Items FFA starts, it's usually going on for at least 8 or so hours straight.

You know what I really really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see in SSB4 for online mode? Some voice chat. Holy shit. That would be the most epic thing ever. I mean we can still run Skype on our computers if we absolutely must have it but I'd love some in-game voice chat, it would make matches SO much more hilarious. Being able to type to your friends some of the fails that happened during the game are great but being able to hear the reactions of the people playing while it's happening? It'd be the greatest thing in the world.

They'd be stupid not to do it at this point. I highly doubt they won't do it but still, I can't wait to be able to do that :D

I highly doubt Nintedo would do that. Many teens and adults online. Gotta keep it kid friendly.

Animal Crossing had voice chat.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » April 11th, 2012, 3:28 am

Characters/changes that I want to be in 4 are:
-NO RANDOM TRIPPING. TOP MOST WANTED 'FEATURE' REMOVAL. HOLY SHIT WHY DID THEY EVER DO THIS.
-Naked Snake (Big Boss/MGS3 Snake) to replace Solid Snake, with a higher emphasis of a CQC fighting style but retaining majority of Solid's gadgets (minus the B+Up cypher move, which should be replaced with... I have no idea just something else.)
-Mewtwo to return mostly in same form from Melee but just changed a tiny bit to be mostly be more different from Lucario. He's already different enough though imo and should of returned in Brawl, I'm not sure why Lucario completely replaced him.
-AS FOR A NEW CHARACTER... UH... I can't think of any first party characters amazingly enough. I have a complete mind blank and don't know why. Third party though, seriously still would like to see Sparkster make a random appearance as a playable character. He would fit insanely well.
FlamingDbag

Postby Seven Rain » April 11th, 2012, 3:52 am

FlamingDbag wrote:Characters/changes that I want to be in 4 are:
-NO RANDOM TRIPPING. TOP MOST WANTED 'FEATURE' REMOVAL. HOLY SHIT WHY DID THEY EVER DO THIS.
-Naked Snake (Big Boss/MGS3 Snake) to replace Solid Snake, with a higher emphasis of a CQC fighting style but retaining majority of Solid's gadgets (minus the B+Up cypher move, which should be replaced with... I have no idea just something else.)
-Mewtwo to return mostly in same form from Melee but just changed a tiny bit to be mostly be more different from Lucario. He's already different enough though imo and should of returned in Brawl, I'm not sure why Lucario completely replaced him.
-AS FOR A NEW CHARACTER... UH... I can't think of any first party characters amazingly enough. I have a complete mind blank and don't know why. Third party though, seriously still would like to see Sparkster make a random appearance as a playable character. He would fit insanely well.

I agree with all of these.
Except Snake. I've always been a bigger fan of Solid Snake than Naked Snake... If there are any MGS newcomers I'd want Raiden.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » April 11th, 2012, 7:36 am

Ok now that I've read the majority of the topic...
Goldeneye Wii has nothing to do with Rare. It's a completely new game that only hat tips at the original game time to time and basically has more reliance on remaking and retelling the movie's story "for the current generation." They got away with a lot of it because Rare don't own 007, just the original Goldeneye game.

Ok more characters. (All third party because I have no ideas for first party. Seriously everyone sensible and cool enough is already in Brawl.)
...You know what Konami and SEGA are practically in sooo...:

-Soma (C:AoS/C:DoS) (Many abilities. His visual design is kind of boring though, if they pick him at all they need to add interesting details.)
-Richter.B (C:RoB/C:SotN) (Belmont with probably the most moves.)
-Raiden (MGS:R version) (Obvious choice.)
-The Boss (MGS3) (Actually yes, this would be fucking awesome. She is the CQC MASTER. Also imagine them using that flower field as a stage...)
-If Snake returns, not use Old Snake because storywise in the series it fits and is fine but out of story context he's my least favorite design. Alt costume thing like Wario to choose Naked Snake (Peace Walker) and Solid Snake (probably MGS2) would be neat. Or even all the main Snake designs in the series.

-Beat (JSRF) (I have no idea about this guy but he seems cool. Would obviously be fast and possibly hard to control. Stage would probably be amazing.)
-Akira (VF series) (As a melee only character with old kind of style Tekken moves he could be interesting, such as that jumping down punch could actually be a good way to go down fast...)
-Joe Musashi (Shinobi 3) (Yes. Do this. Right now.)
-Ristar (...Ristar) (If Nintendo revives abandoned obscure characters just for SSB, why not SEGA?)
FlamingDbag

Postby Seven Rain » April 11th, 2012, 7:46 am

FlamingDbag wrote:They got away with a lot of it because Rare don't own 007, just the original Goldeneye game.

Ah, that makes sense.
Guess that makes it even less surprising that Nintendo doesn't use their characters. Although I still don't get why we can't have Gemini and DK64 on the VC since Rare gave the okay on those. :C

FlamingDbag wrote:
Spoiler! :
-Soma (C:AoS/C:DoS) (Many abilities. His visual design is kind of boring though, if they pick him at all they need to add interesting details.)
-Richter.B (C:RoB/C:SotN) (Belmont with probably the most moves.)
-Raiden (MGS:R version) (Obvious choice.)
-The Boss (MGS3) (Actually yes, this would be fucking awesome. She is the CQC MASTER. Also imagine them using that flower field as a stage...)
-If Snake returns, not use Old Snake because storywise in the series it fits and is fine but out of story context he's my least favorite design. Alt costume thing like Wario to choose Naked Snake (Peace Walker) and Solid Snake (probably MGS2) would be neat. Or even all the main Snake designs in the series.

-Beat (JSRF) (I have no idea about this guy but he seems cool. Would obviously be fast and possibly hard to control. Stage would probably be amazing.)
-Akira (VF series) (As a melee only character with old kind of style Tekken moves he could be interesting, such as that jumping down punch could actually be a good way to go down fast...)
-Joe Musashi (Shinobi 3) (Yes. Do this. Right now.)
-Ristar (...Ristar) (If Nintendo revives abandoned obscure characters just for SSB, why not SEGA?)

I'm down with like... All of these. And giving Snake alt. outfits for all of his games would be killer. That way people could play as Naked, Old, hell maybe even do a funny pixelated version of MGS1 Snake like that mask from MGS4.

I'd just like to see more actual alternate outfits in general. I mean the palette swaps are still neat and I can live with 'em but there's just so much potential for alternate outfits. How cool would it be being able to play as Link in his OoT, TP or SS looks? Same with Ganondorf. I love using him in SSBB, but I always wish his OoT look was available, (even better if it had the long hair, which even Melee 'Dorf didn't have.)

I'd also like to see some sort of accessory system for the characters... Not like a full-on CAC system but just the ability to add little accessories and stuff to spice up the characters. Something akin to TF2's hats and accessories... Something that wouldn't take an entirely new mode but would still help players make their characters feel more individual.
But I'm getting too ahead of myself with this, haha. Let's just start with Wario-style alt. outfits and work from there.
I'm just a sucker for customization.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » April 11th, 2012, 12:39 pm

SpiralPen wrote:Melee: Roy. Fucking Roy. Everybody can HAVE Marth, I loved Roy.

Roy was fuckin awesome.

I'm still disappoint that FE6(Roy's game) Wasn't ported. I guess I can deal with the translated Rom.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games