SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Re: It's That Time... SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS!

Postby Seven Rain » April 13th, 2012, 1:01 am

ApaFox wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
MacSimon wrote:Travis Touchdown should probably join in the next one, too!

Yeeesss.
Already mentioned it in my first post and it cannot be mentioned enough.

Travis Touchdown for SSB4, Travis Touchdown for SSB4, Travis Touchdown for SSB4!

But what would be his moveset? I'm mean, what can Travis actually do in terms of recovery and specials.

Or maybe a final smash if SSB4 get em.

The beautiful thing about Travis is that he was simple but at the same time over-the-top and very... Video-game-y. They could just give him something cheesy like making him mimic Mario's Jump for his recovery and he'd still totally feel like Travis, haha.

As for the Specials they could give him all kinds of outlandish moves. Maybe for one of his specials he can call his buddy to show up and ram characters with the Schpeltiger, for example. They could also make Dark Step a special, something like the Fire Emblem characters' counter specials.
And let's not forget the moves Lovikov teaches him.

Oh, and he's got the grapples covered:
Spoiler! :

Hell, that's all just going by the first game. I've yet to play Desperate Struggle so who knows what other stuff he might have that I don't even know about.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » April 13th, 2012, 1:39 am

Seven Rain wrote:
Hell, that's all just going by the first game. I've yet to play Desperate Struggle so who knows what other stuff he might have that I don't even know about.

I'm pretty sure he turns into a goddamn tiger. So, you know. There's that. Plus, with Wario's Bike already implemented, I see no reason why Travis couldn't use the bike himself!

Terminal Montage wrote:Alt. skins everywhere~

YES! THIS! I swear, having really good alternate costumes is almost just as good as having new characters!!
Galacta Knight for Meta Knight
Epic Yarn for Kirby
Ezlo Cap for Toon Link (assuming he returns at all ; A ;)
ACTUAL DIFFERENT SUITS for Samus. Fusion, Varia, Phazon, etc.
More protagonist hats for Pikachu. (MY SOUL FOR THE EMERALD HAT? even though i still wish it was hair)
Hell, Pichu may as well be a palette swap anyways. No disrespect, just sayin'
Movie Armor for Mewtwo. I'm dreaming here.
We could stretch Funky to DK, easy.
Ness/Lucas.
Olimar/Louie/President?

Well.... I think that's all I got for now. Back to characters and stages.
I'd love to see a more Mario & Luigi RPG-style Luigi! With the more cartoonish look and his socks! Hey, they did the Ice Climbers, why can't Mario & Luigi work?
A Paper Mario stage would be a welcome addition! I'd also love to see another Yoshi's Island level. One with the water baddie from the box art. I love those guys <3

You know, I heard a rumor somewhere a long time ago that there's code for Toon Zelda, Roy, and Mewtwo in Brawl... Was that just a rumor? Anybody know?

That aside, I'm gonna enter full-on dream mode. ENGAGE! Fwoooooooosh~
Pokemon I would love to see included are Mawile, Blaziken, Darmanitan, Bisharp, Scrafty, Blastoise, Gengar or a Gastly/Haunter/Gengar ala Pokemon Trainer, Deoxys, and Serperior. Oh, and Arcanine. In fact, something I'd love to see in SSB would be more implementation of four-legged characters or just more diverse body types.
Wolf Link and Midna would be awesome, for starters. Hmmm... who else...
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » April 13th, 2012, 8:26 am

SpiralPen wrote:Movie Armor for Mewtwo.

Seven Rain

Postby robybang » April 13th, 2012, 10:12 am

ApaFox wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
MacSimon wrote:Travis Touchdown should probably join in the next one, too!

Yeeesss.
Already mentioned it in my first post and it cannot be mentioned enough.

Travis Touchdown for SSB4, Travis Touchdown for SSB4, Travis Touchdown for SSB4!

But what would be his moveset? I'm mean, what can Travis actually do in terms of recovery and specials.

Or maybe a final smash if SSB4 get em.

He has a battle mech in Desperate Struggle.

three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Seven Rain » April 13th, 2012, 10:24 am

robybang wrote:He has a battle mech in Desperate Struggle.

Spoiler! :

GODDAMNWHYHAVEISTILLNOTPLAYEDDESPERATESTRUGGLE.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » April 13th, 2012, 1:18 pm

All this Mewtalk made me remember flipping through the Melee booklet for the first time and realizing none of the secret characters were in it. They were all such a mystery, I LOVED IT!! e A e
I couldn't resist the temptation of Smash Bros. DOJO's character section, I gotta restrain myself this time! I don't actually want to know any of the hidden characters!

Speaking of Image
Dat Melee "A New Foe Has Appeared!" Challenger Approaching screen~
which I can't find a SINGLE picture of without a fake silhouette
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » April 13th, 2012, 1:52 pm

SpiralPen wrote:All this Mewtalk made me remember flipping through the Melee booklet for the first time and realizing none of the secret characters were in it. They were all such a mystery, I LOVED IT!! e A e
I couldn't resist the temptation of Smash Bros. DOJO's character section, I gotta restrain myself this time! I don't actually want to know any of the hidden characters!

This = Me.

Playing Melee was mind-blowing, every time I thought I might have all of the characters a new one would show up.
The most fun was triggering a new Challenger via finishing a certain number of vs. battles. That's when it's really unexpected, and I'll never forget unlocking Marth this way the first time.

And same, I spoiled myself with that damn Dojo. NOT THIS TIME, DAMMIT.
I'll check out a few characters, but I'll cut myself off after seeing so many if they do the Dojo again.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » April 13th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Playing Melee was mind-blowing, every time I thought I might have all of the characters a new one would show up.
The most fun was triggering a new Challenger via finishing a certain number of vs. battles. That's when it's really unexpected, and I'll never forget unlocking Marth this way the first time.

And same, I spoiled myself with that damn Dojo. NOT THIS TIME, DAMMIT.
I'll check out a few characters, but I'll cut myself off after seeing so many if they do the Dojo again.

See, that's what I told myself last time. But sure enough when Brawl hit shelves, there was only one character I knew nothing about. It was Toon Link, which was something I had never even considered and made my day, but shit. The rest of the game just lacked that magic for me because of it.
Spoiler! :
AND I HATED HOW YOU COULD UNLOCK EVERY CHARACTER BY PLAYING SUBSPACE EMISSARY!

I mean, that completely eliminates the surprise! It was no fun to SEE the character and then unlock them. Don't get me wrong, they put a lot of effort into Subspace Emissary and it's not bad in any way. I just... I liked the old bizarre-patchwork Adventure Mode from Melee a bit better. It felt so fun going to all the different locales without explanation, and as a kid, I could fill in the story with my imagination. Something that continues to be suffocated every generation.

THIS TIME, I KNOW. I HAVE THE SCARS TO PROVE IT TO MYSELF. NO CHARACTER SPOILERS. Of course, I guess I don't really see the harm in checking the non-unlockable newcomers.... oh god I'm slipping
SpiralPen

Postby ApaFox » April 13th, 2012, 2:23 pm

With Square and the big N' being all buddies again now, what are the odds of some Final Fantasy characters being in it.

While it would be nice if Sora was poped in(you can just imagine all the PitxSora fanfics), I wonder what other characters aside from Mr. Key and Watch they could put in.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby RyoSoulreaper » April 13th, 2012, 2:29 pm

ApaFox wrote:With Square and the big N' being all buddies again now, what are the odds of some Final Fantasy characters being in it.

While it would be nice if Sora was poped in(you can just imagine all the PitxSora fanfics), I wonder what other characters aside from Mr. Key and Watch they could put in.

Lightning.
Noel
Serah
Sephiroth
Leon
Cloud
A Dragon Quest Protagonist
Neku
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » April 13th, 2012, 3:02 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
ApaFox wrote:With Square and the big N' being all buddies again now, what are the odds of some Final Fantasy characters being in it.

Lightning.
Noel
Serah
Sephiroth
Leon
Cloud
A Dragon Quest Protagonist
Neku

Ehh, I don't know about most of these. Nintendo and SE are tight and all but they wouldn't throw in characters from FFVII-XIII, I'm sure. They'd still try to stick with Nintendo stuff.
If I were to bet money on SE characters showing up in SSB I'd say a DQ Hero, one of the characters from 4 Heroes of Light, Neku or Sora.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » April 13th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Personally, I think Neku would be mega rad. Not to mention, come Dream Drop Distance, he'll have exclusively shown up on Nintendo consoles!
As cool as Sora would be, I think that ups the ante slightly in Neku's favor~

And I know the chances of having an expanded Sonic roster are minimal at best... but... what if... w-what if they felt so inclined to give us an antagonist?
Spoiler! :

I mean, he's *ALMOST* exclusive to Nintendo consoles... his debut title was Dreamcast/Gamecube, so I mean not perfect, but then he was also in Sonic Battle for the GBA!
Plus he was playable in the multiplayer of SA2B for GCN!
I mean.... please, Nintendo?
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » April 13th, 2012, 3:54 pm

SpiralPen wrote:And I know the chances of having an expanded Sonic roster are minimal at best... but... what if... w-what if they felt so inclined to give us an antagonist?
Spoiler! :

I mean, he's *ALMOST* exclusive to Nintendo consoles... his debut title was Dreamcast/Gamecube, so I mean not perfect, but then he was also in Sonic Battle for the GBA!
Plus he was playable in the multiplayer of SA2B for GCN!
I mean.... please, Nintendo?

I'd be down with this.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » April 13th, 2012, 3:59 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:
Kamek would be cool.

Kamek WOULD be cool, actually. I wish there were more Yoshi's Island characters who could make the jump. the bandits maybe? Or Bowser Jr.?
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » April 13th, 2012, 4:35 pm

SpiralPen wrote:
TerminalMontage wrote:
Kamek would be cool.

Kamek WOULD be cool, actually. I wish there were more Yoshi's Island characters who could make the jump. the bandits maybe? Or Bowser Jr.?

Actually that was Baby Bowser, Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son, haha.

But yeah, YI characters would be cool. Especially a Bandit or one of these dudes;

That'd be a tricky moveset, though. They'd have to improvise a lot on Kamek/Bandits/Zeus Guys.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games