Official Video Game Kickstarter Thread

Re: Official Video Game Kickstarter Thread

Postby Bowserknight » December 14th, 2014, 9:26 am

Yo does anyone here like Metroidvanias. What about Dark Soulsy games. What about bugs and swords.
Well, here's Hollow Knight anyway: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11662585/hollow-knight

It's got 4days left and needs another two and a half thousand australia dollars. I hope it makes it, it looks great.
Bowserknight

Postby Hunterkirizaki » December 14th, 2014, 3:55 pm

This guy's up on Kickstarter again, and I really want it to succeed. Sadly Kickstarter hates my debit card and won't let me back anything other than American projects.

Ashen Rift
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby daveyd » March 2nd, 2015, 7:21 pm

I'm backing a promising looking RPG / adventure game tentatively called "ICY". The game is nearly complete with an estimated release of June, but the developers are running an Indiegogo campaign to help with polishing: A $6 pledge gets you a digital copy of the game. They have already met their modest goal and are now working on stretch goals.

Icy is a dialogue-heavy CRPG (PC/Mac/Linux) in a post-apocalyptic setting where the world is experiencing a new Ice Age. The game play will involve a lot of tough moral choices and a strong emphasis on the survival aspect; e.g., your party must hunt for food, scavenge for supplies, and deal with dangerous beasts and cannibals. There's some really nice artwork as well. Whether or not you back, you can also help by voting for the game on Steam Greenlight and GOG wishlist.
daveyd

Postby eishiya » August 26th, 2017, 9:29 am

Bumping this thread up because ouch, two+ years without posts?! Sure, we've had some nasty failures that have driven people away from backing games on Kickstarter, but there are still plenty of smaller projects that actually make good on their promises.

Came across Okinawa Rush today. Look past the promo illustrations and it actually looks pretty nice! It's not my sort of game so I won't be backing it, but I think it might appeal to some of the users here. Their goal is modest (£10,000), the smallest pledge to get a copy of the game is £10, and they've got a demo!
eishiya

Postby Triscy » August 27th, 2017, 12:44 pm

True.

I poked around briefly and found Maelstrom, which looks really damn cool. As a fan of pirates and orcs, hell yea! Looks like quick-paced naval combat too, which is a nice change of pace.
Triscy

Postby eishiya » April 30th, 2018, 11:39 am

I somehow almost missed that SWERY's new game, the Good Life, has a Kickstarter! There's not much time left, and it seems like a really nice game, even if the prototype demo's still a bit rough. I hope these last few days go well for it.

It looks cute and weird. You're a photojournalist trying to earn money while living in a town by snooping on the townspeople. Also, everyone turns into cats or dogs once a month, including you. You can use your animal abilities to help you find scoops. And there's murder.
eishiya

Previous

Return to Video Games