Super Mario Maker

Super Mario Maker

Postby DracheLehre » September 10th, 2015, 6:31 pm

Well, Super Mario Maker is just over the horizon and there are bound to be unbelievable amounts of user-made courses available.

While there are no direct ways to send levels to friends, there are unique codes for them.

This thread exists to allow us to trade level codes for levels you made yourself or to recommend a particularly fun/challenging one (if we are able to).

Let's not forget that there is a 10-level post cap per user to begin with so let's also support each other by ridding each other of that obstacle so we can make one gigantic Smack Jeeves World!
Last edited by DracheLehre on September 10th, 2015, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DracheLehre

Re: Super Mario Maker Level Swap

Postby Seven Rain » September 10th, 2015, 9:33 pm

I'm just gonna stick my level list here:
8-Bit:
  • SMB -1- Rookie Cookie: DE9A-0000-00F0-6A9A
  • SMB -2- Hungry Munch Valley: B669-0000-00F0-6BDA
  • SMB -3- Molten Fudge Cake Castle: C414-0000-00F0-6D88
  • SMB3 -1- Honey Hills: B908-0000-00F0-6E7B
  • SMB3 -2- Chilly Chili Docks: 863A-0000-00F0-6EE7
World:
  • 1-1 Supper Fields: FC4D-0000-00F0-6F42
  • 1-2 Gluglug River: 536E-0000-00F0-6FE8
  • 1-3 Fryer Fleet: 472E-0000-00F2-F29D
  • 1-4 Rage Wigglershroom's Lair: 26D5-0000-00F7-D725
  • 2-1 Swingin' Sautee Swamp: 4D0D-0000-0109-157F

A thing to note: A level's "camera" will only go as high as the tallest block, it seems. Took me a minute to figure that out. If you wanna make a taller level, go stick a little block somewhere in an upper corner or somethin'.

Oh man, and I gotta gush about the actual gameplay in this. I was expecting the SMB1/3 styles to feel really slippery like they originally feel, but instead the controls are amazing. Everything feels nice and firm, easy to control. I don't feel like I'm at war with my momentum like I do in older games. Being able to play in the older styles with SMW-like gameplay has made them a lot more fun. I didn't expect to spend any time at all in 8-Bit but seeing it so crisp and pretty in HD and with the improved gameplay, I've been having a blast with it.

I also gotta give extra love to Nintendo for FUCKING MAPPING THE SPINJUMP TO R2 OH MAN. That's how I map it in the VC version of SMW and I'm so fucking happy they used that control scheme for SMM. I'm gonna tear SMW maps up online.
Last edited by Seven Rain on December 3rd, 2015, 8:54 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » September 11th, 2015, 12:54 pm

Seven Rain wrote:*EDIT*
Alright one more edit. Wasn't expecting this thread to be so quiet last night.
Uploaded a stage. It's more challenging than I wanted my first stage to be, but if I can beat it you guys can definitely beat it;
Hungry Munch Valley: 4486-0000-0014-5218

Oh jeez Rain, that was insane. I can see why your completion rating is so low, I got destroyed by that haha.

Been having fun so far! Haven't made a whole lot yet but I'm enjoying it. I wish I had some of the features I've seen in the game so far though. I've been wondering how to get stuff like shooting only Koopa shells out of cannons and that ability to show Mario's jump lines (EDIT: Right as I typed that, it unlocked :D). That'd be super helpful right now, especially with the level I'm creating now haha. I'm really enjoying just tinkering with it. I think I'm a little too set on the whole "gotta use the 4 principles of level design" thing but I hope it'll work out for this new level. Seems like it'll really do it's job this time around :D

I'll let you know when I have a level up! I currently have one level up but I'm not super proud of it. This new one I'm making I like a lot so I'll be sure to fill you in on it when it's done :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » September 11th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:that ability to show Mario's jump lines.

It's an unlock. Can't remember which batch of things you unlock it with, so just keep working on levels and it'll come to you eventually, then it can be toggled with a little Mario button near the bottom-right corner.

Afrohawkman wrote:I'll let you know when I have a level up! I currently have one level up but I'm not super proud of it. This new one I'm making I like a lot so I'll be sure to fill you in on it when it's done :D

I'll be all over it! Also don't forget we gotta trade dem level stars. I'm not usually one to offer to "trade" what is effectively ratings, but those puppies are what'll let us upload more levels. So yeah. Everyone give each-other stars. Do it. For Smackjeeves. For The Party Gang. For stars. STARS.
STAAAAARRRSSS.
Seven Rain

Re: Super Mario Maker

Postby DracheLehre » September 11th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Spiky Goomba Blitz: A1CF-0000-0016-75FF

Nothing too fancy, just as simple labyrinth loaded with a bunch of what the title says.

Also

Get That 'Shroom: 3855-0000-0016-8A2A

As the title says...
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » September 11th, 2015, 1:19 pm

AWW YEAH GOT DAT DONKEY KONG COSTUME ON MY SECOND 100 CHALLENGE!
That was one of the only amiibo I was humoring going out to buy specifically for this game before finding out that you can unlock all the costumes with challenges. Didn't know how long it would take or if I'd break down and get the DK amiibo before finding it but no worries now!
Spoiler! :
Now for Meta Knight and Pac-Man... But who am I kidding I want the Pac-Man amiibo anyway.

Also made a new level. It's basically the 1-1 of my little fanderp Mario game, whereas Hungry Munch can be seen as the 1-2. I was just too eager to wait to upload that'n.
Anywho here's Rookie Cookie, it's a pretty easy one, especially compared to my first level; 953A-000-0016-33A1

DracheLehre wrote:Spiky Goomba Blitz: A1CF-0000-0016-75FF

Nothing too fancy, just as simple labyrinth loaded with a bunch of what the title says.

Yo, you should double-check the ID, it's returning nothing when I search for it.

*EDIT*
Your second one worked, though. Pretty neat, though the shroom can mess up and miss the springs. I think there's a bit of an RNG when it comes to elements of the game spawning, because the same happens with my stage. Every once in a while a Piranha Plant gets stuck inside of a spring instead of bouncing on it.
Seven Rain

Postby DracheLehre » September 11th, 2015, 1:34 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Yo, you should double-check the ID, it's returning nothing when I search for it.

Huh... Really? I triple checked the ID before posting it...

*EDIT*

Wait I transposed a couple of characters!

Spiky Goomba Blitz: AC1F-0000-0016-75FF
THAT should work!
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » September 11th, 2015, 1:42 pm

DracheLehre wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Yo, you should double-check the ID, it's returning nothing when I search for it.

Huh... Really? I triple checked the ID before posting it...

*EDIT*

Wait I transposed a couple of characters!

Spiky Goomba Blitz: AC1F-0000-0016-75FF
THAT should work!

I'll check it out when I'm back from running a few errands.
Seven Rain

Postby DracheLehre » September 11th, 2015, 2:09 pm

This one I had a LOT of fun making...

No! Wait! I'm one of you!: 6027-0000-0016-F355

Paper thin disguise at it's best...
DracheLehre

Postby Afrohawkman » September 11th, 2015, 2:16 pm

I'll try those out in a second Drache! Just finished a level myself called A Hop, Skip, and a Koopa. Level code: 59D2-0000-0017-01B3. I hope you're good at timed jumps, you'll need it to get through this one!

Also be sure to follow each other as authors! Makes it a lot easier to try out each other's levels instead of having to type in the code every time haha. I hope they add something to notifications about when people upload, that'd be really awesome.
Afrohawkman

Postby DracheLehre » September 11th, 2015, 3:01 pm

I just now put up

Bowser's Fatal Trap: 2E44-0000-0017-5D8F

A cool discovery was the birth of this level.
DracheLehre

Postby DracheLehre » September 11th, 2015, 4:03 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:I'll try those out in a second Drache! Just finished a level myself called A Hop, Skip, and a Koopa. Level code: 59D2-0000-0017-01B3. I hope you're good at timed jumps, you'll need it to get through this one!

Whew! That took me a bunch tries to get it done!
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » September 11th, 2015, 4:11 pm

Holy hell, I get back home after only being gone for a couple hours at most and suddenly I have 11 stars and a medal. Apparently people dig Rookie Cookie. That's good, because I was definitely planning on having a balance of fairly easy stages, not all super TRYHARD MODO.

I'm playing through your stages now. Afro, yours is evil. I don't see how you had trouble with mine after this, hahaha.
I even lucked out and got the skinny shroom near the end and still ate it.

*EDIT*
Theeerrreee we go. I just got too twitchy at the end. Didn't realized they were basically spaced out perfectly for holding jump and right.
Spoiler! :
I was gonna post a video of a shortcut you probably didn't mean to leave there but someone already beat me to it and made a comment about it. You can jump up from the first mushroom and skip an early stretch of the level.

*EDIT*
Aight, cleared both of your catalogs. That's some stars for ya. Time to get back to workin' on some of my own.
Seven Rain

Postby Bowserknight » September 11th, 2015, 5:14 pm

My nephew and niece were over here so I let them play before me. I didn't get much time to Mario Make today, but they did unlock the first batch of new stuff. Maybe it'd be cool to try and make their levels into something decent, too.

Anyway, the one level I uploaded I think is pretty good: FAEB-0000-0018-855A
Right after I unlocked the water stuff I got a mystery mushroom costume that was pretty appropriate, so I made my first level a water level. I don't think it should be too hard though.

Also while playing one of you guys' levels I fell into a pit and the music just kinda, stopped, and it played a long drawn-out cartoon falling noise. How many random events does this game have??

By the way, for anyone unsure of how the post-patch stuff works for unlocking more stuff: after you get the message that new items are coming tomorrow, if you place a certain amount of items before then (as well as place each of your newest items at least once), they'll come early. So the easiest way to do this is just to fill a level with blocks over and over.
Bowserknight

Postby Afrohawkman » September 11th, 2015, 5:43 pm

Seven Rain wrote:I'm playing through your stages now. Afro, yours is evil. I don't see how you had trouble with mine after this, hahaha.
I even lucked out and got the skinny shroom near the end and still ate it.

*EDIT*
Theeerrreee we go. I just got too twitchy at the end. Didn't realized they were basically spaced out perfectly for holding jump and right.
Spoiler! :
I was gonna post a video of a shortcut you probably didn't mean to leave there but someone already beat me to it and made a comment about it. You can jump up from the first mushroom and skip an early stretch of the level.

Haha, believe it or not that was totally intentional. It's a difficult jump to make as you have to get it right on so it's good for players who already have it down. If you noticed I snuck in a bunch of fail safes for that level.

Spoiler! :
The second Koopa you hit, for instance, can break the blocks to the right if it if you fail to jump up, same for the 2 koopas after that. Then if you miss the 3 block Koopa trip, there's a flying spring that takes you back.

Glad you liked it! It was pretty fun to make. I just uploaded a speed run level a few minutes ago, check it out if you're interested!

Bowserknight wrote:Anyway, the one level I uploaded I think is pretty good: FAEB-0000-0018-855A
Right after I unlocked the water stuff I got a mystery mushroom costume that was pretty appropriate, so I made my first level a water level. I don't think it should be too hard though.

I'll check it out when I get home later tonight!
Afrohawkman

Next

Return to Video Games