Nintendo Switch

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby DracheLehre » April 28th, 2017, 3:20 pm

I got MK8 DX!

Having a blast getting used to the controls in Time Trials.
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » April 29th, 2017, 2:43 pm

I've only played a few times between comic work but it's really fun. The items even seem like they've been balanced a bit, which is something I've been wishing for forever.
Didn't have as much fun in Battle Mode as expected, though. Guess I was too hopeful that I'd be able to get away with playing as whoever and whatever in Battle Mode but it seems that speed plays just as big of a role in all the gimmicky Battle Modes as it does in races.

But yeah, it's been really fun. Admittedly trying not to get too excited about my performance. Been placing 1st place a lot, but that's because new Mario Kart means new score, and starting back down at 1000 again is making online play a breeze. It's refreshing, but I feel like there's this storm cloud in the distance reminding me that things aren't going to be easy for long. Not that I want it to be easy.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » May 2nd, 2017, 3:18 pm

That new difficulty mode sounds so fun, I'm so bummed there's no NG+ because I gotta play that new mode, but It's gonna suck redoing shrines and getting the unique Amiibo gear all over again.
Seven Rain

Postby trenton_dawn » May 4th, 2017, 5:02 pm

I'm the most excited for Hero's Path on the map. I'm currently at about 600 Koroks and that feature would really help me narrow down where to look. Although there's no guarantee I didn't already walk right past some..
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby Raging Ghost » June 1st, 2017, 9:36 pm

Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » June 1st, 2017, 11:01 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Paid online is getting delayed.

20 bucks a year is pretty solid as long as it doesn't get a future price hike.
I'm reserving judgment on the free classic games. Didn't they say at some point that the games will be rotated out each month instead of letting you build a collection like PS+ does?
Seven Rain

Postby eishiya » June 2nd, 2017, 8:36 am

Seven Rain wrote:

I'm reserving judgment on the free classic games. Didn't they say at some point that the games will be rotated out each month instead of letting you build a collection like PS+ does?

They sure did.
They seemed to have missed the part of PS+ and Netflix where you still have to keep paying to maintian access to all those games, so those "freebies" are actually a constantly building incentive to keep paying, even while you're not otherwise using the online feature, or don't have time to check out the new games. Without staying in your account, the freebies essentially become a non-factor in whether one keeps up their subscription.
Between that and the selection of games on VC, it's like Nintendo wants people to pirate ROMs :/ "Here's some good old stuff to whet your appetite, now go google the rest."
eishiya

Postby HalfAssedChaos » June 2nd, 2017, 2:32 pm

They made an updated statement to the games switching each month and it's no longer the case. NES and in the future SNES games will be added to a library you will be able access as long as you are paying the subscription fee. So it looks like now it just keeps growing each month. Also I believe there was mention of some of these old games getting online support, but I just read someone commenting on that so it could be a confused statement.

Anyway, people are taking to calling the service NESflix, and I'm A Okay with that.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Seven Rain » June 2nd, 2017, 3:03 pm

eishiya wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

They sure did.
They seemed to have missed the part of PS+ and Netflix where you still have to keep paying to maintian access to all those games, so those "freebies" are actually a constantly building incentive to keep paying, even while you're not otherwise using the online feature, or don't have time to check out the new games. Without staying in your account, the freebies essentially become a non-factor in whether one keeps up their subscription.
Between that and the selection of games on VC, it's like Nintendo wants people to pirate ROMs :/ "Here's some good old stuff to whet your appetite, now go google the rest."

Yeah. I'm still holding out hope that they'll have a regular VC though, and that this won't just be the replacement.
Last gen's VC had a lot of promise but was disappointing since it couldn't even catch up to the Wii's. Here's hoping the Switch's popularity will give it a nice long lifespan and give Nintendo plenty of time to beef up the VC if they don't scrap it altogether.

HalfAssedChaos wrote:They made an updated statement to the games switching each month and it's no longer the case. NES and in the future SNES games will be added to a library you will be able access as long as you are paying the subscription fee.

That sounds a lot better than what they previously said. Maybe the delay was due to them actually listening to everyone's feedback.

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Also I believe there was mention of some of these old games getting online support

Yeah, I read that too. I think it was in an article, though, and not just a passing comment, so it might be legit. Playing Kirby Super Star online would be crazy fun.
Seven Rain

Postby trenton_dawn » June 3rd, 2017, 4:07 pm

Still haven't found a Switch in my area lol (SF South Bay). I'm sure glad I bought Zelda for Wii U..
Gaia, a fantasy comic
trenton_dawn

Postby Jpolte » June 20th, 2017, 5:26 pm

have a switch for a month now, and I'm really enjoying the games I got so far.
Jpolte

Postby trenton_dawn » June 30th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Trial of the Sword is surprisingly challenging (and therefore surprisingly fun). Not to spoil anything, but when I saw the last room I was pretty stunned.

Hero's Path is way more than I expected. I was expecting just a line to show up on the map or something, and that would be it. What we got instead was extremely cool and very...well, nostalgic. Whether reliving the first steps off the Plateau (slamming my face into the Luminous Talus near Scout's Hill over and over), or the moment I found my first horse, or the first brave steps into the unknown as I set off for Rito Village, it feels like I'm really reliving an adventure through this world that I've made my own. Very cool.

Still haven't had a chance to see the Korok Mask in action. With 752 Koroks already collected, I guess I just haven't found a new one yet.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
trenton_dawn

Postby candys » September 8th, 2017, 11:10 am

going to buy it in the near future
candys

Previous

Return to Video Games