E3 2018

E3 2018

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2018, 6:40 am

It's a sad truth that this forum is a ghost town compared to several years ago but I still wanna hope against hope that we have enough people 'round here to get an E3 thread going.

What are you hype for? What are you hoping to see? What's captured your curiosity? What do you wanna talk about?
E3's just revving up so let's see if we can get a bit of posting goin' on, even if it's just hypeposting with no real discussion, who cares? It's E3 and it's time to get hype!

We already know we're gonna see some new Smash, whether it's 4.5 or 5 remains to be seen, but I'm sure it'll be hype! Square will probably reveal some cool stuff and Rustout 76 is probably going to be interesting. EA came and went and personally I'm not much of a Bioware guy but Anthem keeps giving me Lost Planet and Destiny vibes, which has me real interested in checking it out.

Spoiler! :
If people want to we could even toy with the idea of getting a Discord server going for chatting during streams, but who knows if there are enough peeps around here for that.
Last edited by Seven Rain on June 10th, 2018, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Rain

Re: E3 2018

Postby eishiya » June 10th, 2018, 7:54 am

Didn't SJ already have a Discord server? An official one? If it doesn't have a vidya channel, I'm sure one could be added.

I'm waiting till the end of E3 to watch the snark videos. I might watch Digital Foundry's coverage, but I've got too to watch/do to watch it live. It's hard to be hyped for E3 with the industry being as it is, and I don't think the levels of hype they try to stir up are healthy anyway.

Sea of Solitude looks cool though, and as one of EA's "indie" games, it's not likely to get the EA Treatment™. Hopefully I'll still remember it exists when it comes out.
Speaking of the EA Treatment, it's why I'm surprised to see anyone hyped about Anthem ): There's no way that's not going to be a mess, it's too big of a game for EA to "just release". They're going to fill it with (the bad kind of) grinding and pay-to-skip and maybe pay-to-win.
eishiya

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2018, 9:24 am

I've yet to check out the full trailer for it but yeah, Sea of Solitude does seem pretty cool!

eishiya wrote:Didn't SJ already have a Discord server? An official one? If it doesn't have a vidya channel, I'm sure one could be added.

Oh duh, I didn't even think about that! I've still yet to poke my head into the SJ server, I've just been 1-on-1 messaging peeps.

eishiya wrote:Speaking of the EA Treatment, it's why I'm surprised to see anyone hyped about Anthem ): There's no way that's not going to be a mess, it's too big of a game for EA to "just release". They're going to fill it with (the bad kind of) grinding and pay-to-skip and maybe pay-to-win.

Bioware's other games have always been so loved and celebrated that I didn't think there was much to worry about, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time a good dev fell prey to their publisher's BS. If I do play Anthem it'll likely be after buying it on the cheap during a PS Store sale anyway. I pre-order lots of games but this wouldn't be one of them, so at least I'd have fair warning.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » June 10th, 2018, 9:47 am

Seven Rain wrote:
eishiya wrote:Didn't SJ already have a Discord server? An official one? If it doesn't have a vidya channel, I'm sure one could be added.

Oh duh, I didn't even think about that! I've still yet to poke my head into the SJ server, I've just been 1-on-1 messaging peeps.

Someone made a new one? I mean, when I made a SJ Discord server, it was so inactive I've decided to delete it.

Anyway, back on topic: as much as I'd like to stick around a E3 conference, I feel like I will be at work or will be otherwise busy when it'll happen.
Raging Ghost

Postby TheJGamer » June 10th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

Someone made a new one? I mean, when I made a SJ Discord server, it was so inactive I've decided to delete it.

Admin made one a long time ago.

As for the E3 question, I'm just excited for Nintendo's presentation and their Smash 5 Invitational. The March Nintendo Direct got me super hyped up after the surprise announcement of Smash 5, so I'm really excited to see what Smash 5 will be like!

A pity that Nintendo's doing their conference during school. The tournament could stick around after 3PM (when school ends), so I could hop in to watch the finals live!

As for other games, BF5 and Anthem do look really cool. Shame I'm not getting a PS4 anytime soon. I also want to see if Microsoft's got anything on Halo 6!

Also, I can't help but notice that Seven called Fallout 76 "Rustout 76." Out of curiosity, is that what the game is called in your region?
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2018, 1:22 pm

TheJGamer wrote:Also, I can't help but notice that Seven called Fallout 76 "Rustout 76." Out of curiosity, is that what the game is called in your region?

Ahaha, nah. All the rumors/alleged leaks/speculation is pointing to Fallout 76 being an online survival game in the same vein as Rust, thus my bad joke. It does have me interested, though! I'm much more of an Elder Scrolls guy than a Fallout guy but if F76 turns out to be a survival game as expected, (and they handle the survival aspects well,) I'll be pretty interested in playing it.

*EDIT*
Surprisingly FROM had something new to show off during MS's conference, and I dig it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4IpLoUAcXU
(Not as much as I'd dig Armored Core VI, but this is still cool!)

Oh, and there's a new KH3 trailer floating around as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPtU_-N6dMg
Seven Rain

Postby Oly-RRR » June 10th, 2018, 4:24 pm

I'm mostly excited about Nintendo's stuff but I'm also too lazy to actually follow the streams for the most part... So I'll wait for you guys to share big news here or in video games threads. :P
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby Lutztoons » June 10th, 2018, 4:39 pm

I'm most excited for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. The original ps1 Spyro is my favorite game of all time and I am SO FREAKING EXCITED to see it in high def. The graphics were excellent for 1998, but even as a kid I noticed that some of the graphics were kinda funny, like how everything is a polygon, nobody has any toes, and the textures looked painted on. I don't know how I'll react when I finally get to play it. I might actually, literally cry. It really looks like they're doing the original games justice and from what I've seen so far, it looks incredible. (I'm so glad they didn't use that Skylanders version of him. They made him look like a pug that got its face smashed in. :lol: )
Lutztoons

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Oh man it really happened, DMC5!

I'm not a fan of Nero's new design and I'm sure very few of the DMC3/4 developers are left, but this still looks pretty cool! It's nice hearing JYB reprise his role as Nero, too. Hopefully Langdon Dante will appear and be playable again.

Jump Force seems promising for dumb action fun but these Shonen Jump crossover games always have pretty disappointing rosters if you're only a fan of a handful of Jump IPs. (That and with the growing trend of Japanese games opting for higher production values at the cost of split-screen, it'll probably lack offline multiplayer.)

Oly-RRR wrote:I'm mostly excited about Nintendo's stuff but I'm also too lazy to actually follow the streams for the most part... So I'll wait for you guys to share big news here or in video games threads. :P

Nintendo's conference will be on Tuesday, so keep your eye on the forums and gaming news sites then, I'm sure there'll be tons of news! This E3 is off to an impressive start, and I've had high hopes for Nintendo!

Lutztoons wrote:I'm most excited for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

I almost forgot about that! It did look really nice from what I saw. I feel like I shouldn't touch it until beating one or more of the originals, though. I find those old PSX graphics so charming and nostalgic, it'd be a shame not to have the original one under my belt before playing the fancy remake.
Seven Rain

Postby Lutztoons » June 10th, 2018, 5:48 pm

I almost forgot about that! It did look really nice from what I saw. I feel like I shouldn't touch it until beating one or more of the originals, though. I find those old PSX graphics so charming and nostalgic, it'd be a shame not to have the original one under my belt before playing the fancy remake.

I definitely agree with you on that one! Video game graphics have come a long, long way in 20 years, but there's something so warm and fuzzy about those early 3d graphics. The second and third games are great, but the first one is the best imho. Charming characters, fantastic soundtrack, beautiful settings, not to mention that fun, open-world exploring format. There's a lot of secrets in the game and it's so rewarding to find them all.

I'll have to stay tuned to the thread to see what else comes up!
Lutztoons

Postby Admin » June 10th, 2018, 9:48 pm

New Fallout graphics look pretty spectacular. Hope they're not as big a disappointment as Skyrim's graphics were!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby kayotics » June 10th, 2018, 11:21 pm

I can't get over that all day I've been making jokes about "Skyrim Mobile" and then Todd Howard goes and announces a mobile Elder Scrolls game.
kayotics

Postby TheJGamer » June 10th, 2018, 11:52 pm

I edited the PS4 logo so it says "BS." Now time to wait for something horrible to happen so I can use it.

Activision's turn is tomorrow! Can't wait for Spyro Reignited Trilogy and maybe some more words about BO4! (Damn it Activision, you guys had to screw with Roman numerals)
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2018, 4:01 am

I slept through Bethesda's conference and woke up to some cool stuff!
Elder Scrolls VI, a new DOOM, F76 gameplay, Fallout Shelter and TES Legends on consoles, (I'll have to check those out after I wrap up some comic stuff,) and Murkmire DLC confirmed for ESO! This year's E3 is off to an awesome start.

*EDIT*
Oh duuude, and we're finally getting a western release for Metal Wolf Chaos!

*EDIT*
More Jump Force gameplay!
I feel like a lot of people are gonna sleep on this game but I'm getting really pumped now that we've seen more gameplay. The combat looks a lot more sophisticated and feature-rich than J-Stars!
Hopefully it has local multiplayer in the form of Xenoverse/Ninja Storm's single-screen style. This looks like it'll be fun to play with friends. I really like how they ditched J-Stars's 3v3 fights for tag battles instead. I feel like the team-based gameplay is part of why J-Stars gameplay was so dull, too much emphasis on knocking your opponents down to go pick off their allies. In 1v1 format it just meant stopping the action after every combo/move while waiting for the opponent to get back on their feet.
Seven Rain

Postby Valigarmander » June 11th, 2018, 11:24 am

I just want to see more of Metroid Prime 4.

The new Doom looks cool though.
Valigarmander

Next

Return to Video Games