General Gaming

Re: General Gaming

Postby Oly-RRR » March 19th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Raging Ghost wrote:Can you get fresher?

SO HYPE.
We're even getting BOTW Link, which is radical!

I kept meaning to buy Super Smash Bros for the 3DS but didn't and now I'm SO EXCITED about the Switch game!! I used to think fighting games were not for me but Arms very much changed that so good timing! :mrgreen:
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby Randumbz » March 19th, 2018, 5:30 pm

I always planned to buy a Switch next year, but I might have to get one this year
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby thelordbaeron » March 30th, 2018, 8:47 am

I might be a tad late to the game on this title, but I got Persona 5 for the holidays and that game is an absolute masterpiece. I struggle to find things I dislike about the game.

I also got Nier: Automata, and was really excited to try it... got the first 2 endings, but I just couldn't really get into it the same way I got into the first Nier. Am I missing something? Everybody goes on and on about how it's such an incredible game but I'm just not seeing it.
thelordbaeron

Postby Seven Rain » March 30th, 2018, 4:09 pm

Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » March 31st, 2018, 1:37 pm

hah, some of those impressions were pretty funny |D

Finally finished the final sword trial in BotW so now, koroks aside (sitting at around 360 grumblegrumble) and hard mode aside, I'm pretty much done, huzzah!
I enjoyed the game a fair bit. Looking forward to tackling it again at some point down the road. Next for Zelda will probably be OoT HD and finishing my playthrough of aLttP on my old DS Lite. We'll see...

My bro n I finally got around to completing Cuphead a few days ago, felt really satisfying to beat the last few bosses, ehe;; Though they were not the bosses we found the most difficult, if memory serves (the bee and robot dude were ughghHGHghghgh)... I can picture single player being more of a pain, for sure, but in any case I enjoyed the co-op with my bro. What's amusing to me is he only bought it because of a runescape remix on youtube that I sent him from a dude I follow -- my bro then found some of his cuphead mixes and was like 'yo this is sick I'm getting this game'

Now we're trying to finish Sonic Mania before I move out in a couple days, I think we're almost nearing the end? I've been enjoying the music in there too but oof parts of the game really don't feel quite as intuitive or fine-tuned as in some of the other games, especially the boss fights. That aside there Is a lot of Really Clever stuff! Some really cool mechanics and reactions to things you do. And hooooo the animation in the intro is just. shivers. Speaking of animation, I guess the sonic mania team is releasing 5 clips this year? The first one has me looking forward to the rest, it was really fun and cute and So Sonic:

Captain Ghost

Postby Raging Ghost » April 1st, 2018, 1:22 am

Should I get Vermintide 2, considering I played both Left 4 Dead games?
Raging Ghost

Postby Soft Dorito » April 8th, 2018, 12:29 am

Captain Ghost wrote:And hooooo the animation in the intro is just. shivers. Speaking of animation, I guess the sonic mania team is releasing 5 clips this year? The first one has me looking forward to the rest, it was really fun and cute and So Sonic:

Spoiler! :

:D Yay! I hope the others are just as good. Or...Can this just be a show? Like, a Tom and Jerry/Bugs Bunny - esque silent Sonic cartoon? Cuz I'd watch the hell out of it.

Also, I love the Game Grumps playing Zelda games. I don't care how bad or good Arin is. Watching them play has actually helped me get into a game series that, gameplay-wise, I never really liked (except I REALLY want to play BotW - it looks so fun) for some reason. Like now I get how the Cucco in Majora's Mask is basically Link's worst nightmare. XD

I need a Switch oh my god.
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby HalfAssedChaos » April 9th, 2018, 8:03 am

Just finished Nier: Automata up to Ending E and have been reading a lot of the supplemental stuff. Hooooly crap, this was an experience. I've always loved Yoko Taros stuff since the first Drakengard, and this is no exception. Just absolutely loved it through and through.

For anyone thinking of playing it, do the side quests, and if you get ending A and ending B, you're not even close to done.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Seven Rain » April 9th, 2018, 6:53 pm

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Just finished Nier: Automata up to Ending E and have been reading a lot of the supplemental stuff. Hooooly crap, this was an experience. I've always loved Yoko Taros stuff since the first Drakengard, and this is no exception. Just absolutely loved it through and through.

For anyone thinking of playing it, do the side quests, and if you get ending A and ending B, you're not even close to done.

I've been putting it off because I'm too stubborn to play below the highest difficulty level but the first stretch of the game before getting to a save point is too painful, haha.
Wish they'd make the tutorial section skippable.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » April 9th, 2018, 11:21 pm

I got to play LoZ Breath of the Wild on a store demo aaaaaaand I need a Switch like, yesterday. The only thing I really sucked at was firing the arrow at a moving target, and I'm pretty sure I could pull that off eventually (and not standing in the middle of an aisle at a busy WalMart).
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » April 10th, 2018, 1:39 am

Soft Dorito wrote:I got to play LoZ Breath of the Wild on a store demo aaaaaaand I need a Switch like, yesterday. The only thing I really sucked at was firing the arrow at a moving target, and I'm pretty sure I could pull that off eventually (and not standing in the middle of an aisle at a busy WalMart).

Hnnnmmm that's another game I gotta get back to, BotW is so good. The Switch really is super fun, hope you can snag yourself one soon. At least they don't seem to be as difficult to find as they were some months back.
Seven Rain

Postby HalfAssedChaos » April 10th, 2018, 8:23 am

Seven Rain wrote:
HalfAssedChaos wrote:Just finished Nier: Automata up to Ending E and have been reading a lot of the supplemental stuff. Hooooly crap, this was an experience. I've always loved Yoko Taros stuff since the first Drakengard, and this is no exception. Just absolutely loved it through and through.

I've been putting it off because I'm too stubborn to play below the highest difficulty level but the first stretch of the game before getting to a save point is too painful, haha.
Wish they'd make the tutorial section skippable.

I would urge you to give it another go, it's done by Platinum so if you've played Bayonetta you shouldn't have too much trouble after some practice. The hardest part is opening boss, and even with that you just need to learn the timing of dodge. After that you can get chips to upgrade yourself to make things a bit easier.

Also if you are trying the super hard mode where each hit is a 1 hit kill, honestly try it on the level before that to get the story. It won't add much to the game and I think would actually take away a bit of the feeling from the game, at least the first time through. After awhile you can unlock a chapter select and crank up the difficulty.
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Seven Rain » April 11th, 2018, 12:55 am

Oh, no, not the crazy OHK mode. I forget all the difficulty levels but I'm playing on the hardest non-gimmick mode.
And don't you worry, I'm well aware that it's a Platinum game, haha. I love everything those mofos release. I did play Bayonetta but it's been so long since I last touched it. I used to play the hell out of it and DMC3/4 but I've lost my touch with CUHRAZEE Hack & Slash games over the years, haha. I don't mind the difficulty itself, it's just the tedious replaying of the tutorial section that kills me. Every time I slip up and take an extra hit it means going allllll the way back to the little flying segment and cutscenes. It kills my drive after a while, but I've gotten to the boss several times at least. Eventually I'll sit and tough it out, (and I'm gonna have to git gud anyway if I plan on playing Bayonetta 2 and 3, which I do.)
Seven Rain

Postby HalfAssedChaos » April 11th, 2018, 8:31 am

Seven Rain wrote:Oh, no, not the crazy OHK mode. I forget all the difficulty levels but I'm playing on the hardest non-gimmick mode.
And don't you worry, I'm well aware that it's a Platinum game, haha. I love everything those mofos release. I did play Bayonetta but it's been so long since I last touched it. I used to play the hell out of it and DMC3/4 but I've lost my touch with CUHRAZEE Hack & Slash games over the years, haha. I don't mind the difficulty itself, it's just the tedious replaying of the tutorial section that kills me. Every time I slip up and take an extra hit it means going allllll the way back to the little flying segment and cutscenes. It kills my drive after a while, but I've gotten to the boss several times at least. Eventually I'll sit and tough it out, (and I'm gonna have to git gud anyway if I plan on playing Bayonetta 2 and 3, which I do.)

I went to it right after finishing Bayonetta 1 on again on the switch, felt really natural. Freakin love Platinums style. Can't wait to learn more about Bayonetta 3, though I'm not sure how they are going to top 2, that is just simply one of the greatest games in the genre hands down.
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Seven Rain » April 11th, 2018, 9:57 am

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Freakin love Platinums style.

Oh it's the best. You ever play Vanquish or Anarchy Reigns? The latter sadly loses a lot of it's fun without online play but they're both amazing Platinum Games titles outside of the H&S stuff like Bayonetta and Automata.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games