General Gaming

Re: General Gaming

Postby Seven Rain » October 30th, 2018, 4:54 am

We've still got two more DLC characters on the way, so hopefully the'll be veterans. I really want Hwang/Yun-seong. That said I have no problem with 2b, really. Her moveset might be good for CAS, too, unless that little robot is too prevalent in her moveset.
Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » November 1st, 2018, 1:24 am

This has been a couple of days filled with hype for me. Between the smash direct announcement and toby fox hinting yesterday about something today (which wound up being Deltarune), I'm all abuzz!

The direct is still in the wings for tomorrow, but spent today playing through Deltarune and as someone who really enjoyed Undertale (it came to me at a rough spot in life and means a lot to me), the similar tone and occasional familiar face really uplifted my soul qvqb toby fox has requested the game not openly be talked about/spoiled for the first 24 hours so I won't say much else quite yet but I had a fun ride.

(I'm really looking forward to all the new remixes that will probably surface too, hehe~)
Captain Ghost

Postby TheJGamer » November 1st, 2018, 10:07 am

Warning: Spoilers for the direct

Spoiler! :
Saw Ken coming ever since Day One. My inner Street Fighter self is pleased.

Incineroar looks like a nice Gen 7 PKMN addition.

Who the hell asked for a friggin plant? My inner child who wished for Waluigi is not pleased at all.

Okay, in all seriousness, this was a very nice Direct and all. Did a good job adding on to the hype train! Hate to see that Nintendo's pulling an EA with preorder bonuses, but hey, Ultimate is gonna rock this holidays!
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Seven Rain » November 1st, 2018, 10:38 am

I've got a lot of mixed feelings about the Direct.
Spoiler! :
I'm pretty bummed that Verge wound up being right and we didn't get Geno or Mach Rider or any of that other cool shit, but they made Incineroar look way more fun than I thought he'd be, and Piranha Plant is such a bonkers newcomer I can't not love it. I'll just shift over to hoping for Geno as DLC.
I'm also sad that trophies are gone, like super sad, and the changes to online worry me a lot. The fact that we're no longer guaranteed 1v1s without items makes me really leery about ever wanting to step foot online. I was hoping for a more sophisticated online system or at least an option to see connection strength before fighting, but instead they went in a really weird direction with it.

*EDIT*
Ooh, I forgot about the Battle Arenas, though. Those will probably make up for it!

With those out of the way the rest of it was pretty exciting! The DLC prices are pretty reasonable, the cutscenes and story mode stuff were off the fucking chain, and Mii Fighters certainly look more fun this time around. It didn't blow me away as hard as I was hoping but I'm still more excited for this game than I've ever been for a Smash game before, and I can appreciate Sakurai still flexing his ruse powers on us.

*EDIT*
Can't believe I totally forgot to post this in the Smash thread instead.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » November 6th, 2018, 5:48 pm

With Diablo shooting itself in the foot with Immortal, who looks forward to Warhammer Chaosbane?
Raging Ghost

Postby eishiya » November 6th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:With Diablo shooting itself in the foot with Immortal, who looks forward to Warhammer Chaosbane?

Mild rant on the subject of Diablo Immortal:
The reveal wasn't handled well, but I don't think Blizzard is as out of touch as people seem to think. Immortal isn't for core Diablo players, it's for the Asian mobile market where the brand has some traction but can't generate much money with the core games. Western core gamers tend to forget that they're not the only audience out there, and that large publishers would be foolish to cater only to them. In addition to making them a crapton of money in Asia (and a good but smaller amount in the western mobile market), it'll probably help improve Diablo's brand recognition, so that when the next mainline Diablo game does come out, it'll get more interest there.

Whoever decided to do a big reveal of it at Blizzcon, an event largely attended by the western core audience, they're the ones who messed up and wasted Blizzard's money. The actual game, on the other hand, is most likely a smart move.
eishiya

Postby TheJGamer » November 20th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Black Friday is among us. I'm going to be getting the Nintendo Switch + Mario Kart 8 bundle ($300, so you're basically getting the game for free). I'm also going to pre-order Smash Ultimate and maybe even snag Breath of the Wild if my parents are okay with it. I just hope that Walmart offers in-store pickup for online deals tomorrow instead of having to wait for two-day shipping. Not that I'm complaining or anything, it's just that I want it ASAP.

Another thing I'm excited about getting the Switch is the fact that the Joy-Cons can be connected to computers and phones via Bluetooth. I could get an emulator or game on my laptop/phone and hook up a Joy-Con to mess around with it. Heck, I could hook up my laptop to my TV via HDMI, connect Joy-Cons, and play old-school games from my couch! Imagine that~

EDIT: SUCCESS! I just have to wait until next Tuesday, and the Nintendo Switch is mine!
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Raging Ghost » November 28th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Raging Ghost

Postby TheJGamer » December 1st, 2018, 12:38 am

Warframe for Switch is actually pretty awesome. A bit on the fast side, though, so that's gonna take some getting used to.
TheJGamer

Postby Raging Ghost » December 6th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Guys. Mortal Kombat 11.

Spoiler! :
ON THE SWITCH.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » December 8th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Guys. Mortal Kombat 11.

Pretty hype. I'm awful at NRS fighters but I hold a respect for Mortal Kombat and the great revival it made, I'm looking forward to seeing how this one goes down. Maybe even try playing it again.
There were some other pretty hype announcements, too. Ultimate Alliance 3 was a suprise. It definitely has my attention along with The Outer Worlds.
Seven Rain

Postby kevansevans » December 10th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Got to personally talk to Tom Hall today and verified him on reddit. I'd say today was good for me being a Doom fan.
kevansevans

Postby Admin » December 17th, 2018, 2:39 pm

At the boardroom meeting for the inception of Mortal Kombat 11:

Board Director:
Guys, Mortal Kombat 11. Any ideas?

Suit 1:
We need to surpass Mortal Kombat 10 in every way possible.

Suit 2:
How about more blood?

Suit 3:
More blood!

Guy in the back:
MORE BLOOD!

*everyone chanting"
"More Blood!"
"More Blood!"
"More Blood!"
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Seven Rain » December 17th, 2018, 10:53 pm

If that could fit in a signature I'd have a quote sig for the first time in who knows how long.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » January 6th, 2019, 10:27 pm

I bought SRPG Studio. Useful if you either get disillusioned about Fire Emblem going all fanservice and no substance or if you want to reproduce that experience from Echoes or something similar by making your own tactical RPG.
Raging Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games