General Pokemon

Re: General Pokemon

Postby Raging Ghost » December 7th, 2016, 8:15 pm

I caught the cover legendary with the right nature. I knew it was worth breeding an Abra with Synchronize.
Raging Ghost

Postby cloverthegreat » December 11th, 2016, 5:20 pm

DracheLehre wrote:Okay... What the fuck is going on...?

So far, I have caught three optional legendaries with regular Pokeballs (Both as a joke and by accident)!

Do not click this if you do not want to spoil further which Pokemon
Spoiler! :
If you're curious which ones they are, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, and Necrozma

*Edit*
Spoiler! :
Add Tapu Lele to the list (In a Heal Ball, but it has the same catch rate multiplier). I'm beginning to suspect that the advanced Pokeball varieties are useless against the legends of Alola.

Out of my team to beat the Elite Four, four of them were Gen 1. The weird thing is, they were Pokemon that I never really used before.

Spoiler! :
Alolan Raichu, Alolan Ninetails, Arcanine, Snorlax, Primarina, and Pangoro. Togedemaru is a favorite as well, but he didn't get on my end game team.
cloverthegreat

Postby HalfAssedChaos » December 12th, 2016, 11:46 am

Getting closer and closer to getting my Alolan dex completed to get my Shiny Charm. About 71% there, just gotta evolve some and then go catch all the legendaries.

This is the first game I've found legit Shinys on which is pretty awesome. I've chained a shiny Caterpie and a shiny Cutiefly (which is soooo cute!). Can't wait to get that charm and really start hunting for great Shiny pokemon!
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby DracheLehre » December 13th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Well, I discovered that hardly anyone knows how the GTS works anymore. (e.g. People are offering Electabuzz with Electerizers but asking for Electivire)

So I'm available to do trade evolution this afternoon if anyone is interested.

I can do Magmar to Magmortar, Electabuzz to Electivire, Scyther to Scizor and Slowpoke to Slowking/Poliwhirl to Politoed
DracheLehre

Postby cloverthegreat » December 13th, 2016, 6:58 pm

DracheLehre wrote:Well, I discovered that hardly anyone knows how the GTS works anymore. (e.g. People are offering Electabuzz with Electerizers but asking for Electivire)

I can do Magmar to Magmortar, Electabuzz to Electivire, Scyther to Scizor and Slowpoke to Slowking/Poliwhirl to Politoed

Unless you can determine whether or not a trade goes through by what the other person's item is, that's the safer route. It'd be easy to send an Electabuzz with nothing and then rip someone off.
cloverthegreat

Postby HalfAssedChaos » December 13th, 2016, 8:47 pm

DracheLehre wrote:Well, I discovered that hardly anyone knows how the GTS works anymore. (e.g. People are offering Electabuzz with Electerizers but asking for Electivire)

Thats just someone trying to get an Electrivire without much trouble. Basically just waiting for a nice person to come by and be like, "Oh trade my Electivire and get one right back, sure I'll help this person out!"

It's a good way to fill your pokedex if you are missing someone you can trade with reliably without giving up something legendary or like a Weavile.

Speaking of dex, up to 94%. Just need Porygons evolutions and the legendarys. Sooo clooose.
HalfAssedChaos

Postby DracheLehre » December 18th, 2016, 12:13 pm

I was breeding Litten and for some reason decided to name them after combinations of video game villains and cat sounds.

So far I have Meowser and Ganyan...
DracheLehre

Postby HalfAssedChaos » December 19th, 2016, 10:22 am

Finished up the Alola dex the other day, and the shiny charm rules! So far I've SOS chained 2 shiny Eevee, 1 shiny Espeon, and a shiny Palosand. They are all beautiful!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby cloverthegreat » December 19th, 2016, 2:02 pm

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Finished up the Alola dex the other day, and the shiny charm rules! So far I've SOS chained 2 shiny Eevee, 1 shiny Espeon, and a shiny Palosand. They are all beautiful!

:shock: THAT many?
cloverthegreat

Postby HalfAssedChaos » December 19th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Yeah! By doing SOS chaining you increase the chances of finding a shiny. The eevees each took chains of 200 or more, Palosand and espeon were only about a chain of 40 though. I'm using a team of Keen Eyed fearow along with a decidueye and ribombee for a few niche things. Farm up Leppa berries so you're moves don't run out of PP and Sitrus berries if you want cheap healing.

Eevee chains are really quick, I just chained them while watching TV with the wife.

Other than those I've also chained a shiny Caterpie (with perfect IVs, nature, and HA) and a shiny Cutiefly. SOS Chaining is great.
HalfAssedChaos

Postby cloverthegreat » December 24th, 2016, 4:36 pm

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Yeah! By doing SOS chaining you increase the chances of finding a shiny. The eevees each took chains of 200 or more, Palosand and espeon were only about a chain of 40 though. I'm using a team of Keen Eyed fearow along with a decidueye and ribombee for a few niche things. Farm up Leppa berries so you're moves don't run out of PP and Sitrus berries if you want cheap healing.

Eevee chains are really quick, I just chained them while watching TV with the wife.

Other than those I've also chained a shiny Caterpie (with perfect IVs, nature, and HA) and a shiny Cutiefly. SOS Chaining is great.

I might have to give that a try.

I have one single Pokemon to collect and my Dex is complete. It is an Ultra Beast that you can only get in Moon. GTS crashed and now I'm locked out of the system for awhile and I'm going crazy.

HAHAHA! GOT IT!
cloverthegreat

Postby DracheLehre » December 26th, 2016, 1:11 pm

SOS'ing is also VERY handy for getting amazing IVs.

You can actually see IV values by talking to the guy next to the Battle Tree after hatching at least 20 eggs.
DracheLehre

Postby DracheLehre » January 28th, 2017, 11:48 am

The Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter now have the updates allowing you to move your dudes to Sun and Moon.

My only major gripe is the Transporter still works the way it did for Black/White/Black2/White2. Namely, you have to move you Pokemon to Box 1 in order for it to work.

Considering how Gen 1's storage system work, it's easy to see how much more inefficient it is.
DracheLehre

Postby cloverthegreat » May 25th, 2017, 7:55 pm

In Magikarp Jump, all runs are nuzlocke runs.
cloverthegreat

Postby Raging Ghost » June 6th, 2017, 10:15 am

So, we got Pokken Tournament Deluxe and Pokemon UltraSun/UltraMoon.

Raging Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games