General Pokemon

Re: General Pokemon

Postby DracheLehre » June 6th, 2017, 11:22 am

Raging Ghost wrote:So, we got Pokken Tournament Deluxe and Pokemon UltraSun/UltraMoon.

Let's not forget the Gold/Silver ports! :D

Also, I like the look of those Necrozma fusions
DracheLehre

Postby 0palite » June 7th, 2017, 4:06 pm

I'm excited for gold/silver ports! :D

I hope it's like RBY with the vc transfers all having hidden abilities, because I'm so pumped for getting a shiny HA ho-oh.
0palite

Postby candys » September 8th, 2017, 11:09 am

Pokemon anime inspires me for drawing) I' even started to play Pokemon Sun and Moon recently, awesome game
candys

Postby cloverthegreat » April 15th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Pokemon Go community day had a ton of Mareep for like...a half hour and now it's super slow.
cloverthegreat

Postby Kattlanna » April 23rd, 2018, 10:12 pm

I was tempted to get Gold or Silver upon the VC release, but I waited for Crystal because of the nostalgia. Anyone whose bought any of the Pokemon games on the VC, do you go with the game that you used to play because of nostalgia, or do you go by which one has the preferable version exclusives?
Kattlanna

Postby Seven Rain » April 24th, 2018, 4:45 am

Kattlanna wrote:Anyone whose bought any of the Pokemon games on the VC, do you go with the game that you used to play because of nostalgia, or do you go by which one has the preferable version exclusives?

I admit Pokemon has become something who's value to me is all nostalgia. I grabbed Pokemon Red from the VC and had more fun playing that than I'd had playing Pokemon in years, despite all the QOL improvements in later games.
I do still want to play newer Pokemon games on occasion, but I never stick with them long enough to finish the main story or anything. Not since Platinum. I've heard Ultra Sun/Moon are huge on content, which makes me want to try them out sometime, but at this point I'm content playing Red and waiting to see more about the rumored 8th Gen Pokemon game on Switch.
Seven Rain

Postby cloverthegreat » April 24th, 2018, 1:26 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Kattlanna wrote:Anyone whose bought any of the Pokemon games on the VC, do you go with the game that you used to play because of nostalgia, or do you go by which one has the preferable version exclusives?

I admit Pokemon has become something who's value to me is all nostalgia. I grabbed Pokemon Red from the VC and had more fun playing that than I'd had playing Pokemon in years, despite all the QOL improvements in later games.
I do still want to play newer Pokemon games on occasion, but I never stick with them long enough to finish the main story or anything. Not since Platinum. I've heard Ultra Sun/Moon are huge on content, which makes me want to try them out sometime, but at this point I'm content playing Red and waiting to see more about the rumored 8th Gen Pokemon game on Switch.

Lol, I'm the complete opposite. The mechanics and graphics of the newer ones ruined Gen I and Gen II for me. Gen III-present is great though.
cloverthegreat

Postby Famimatsu » April 24th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Kattlanna wrote:I was tempted to get Gold or Silver upon the VC release, but I waited for Crystal because of the nostalgia. Anyone whose bought any of the Pokemon games on the VC, do you go with the game that you used to play because of nostalgia, or do you go by which one has the preferable version exclusives?

I admittedly go for nostalgia hardcore. :p
When gen 1 came out on VC, I grabbed Yellow only because that was my first REAL Pokemon game. I actually got Red after that... and Pinball before that lol.
Then for gen 2 I waited out for Crystal simply because I liked Crystal the most as a kid.
Famimatsu

Postby shawnyadav » April 26th, 2018, 6:46 am

Fascanating how even after 2 years when Pokemon GO was a thing it still been making millions everyday. Damn!
shawnyadav

Postby Oly-RRR » April 26th, 2018, 12:21 pm

cloverthegreat wrote:Pokemon Go community day had a ton of Mareep for like...a half hour and now it's super slow.

It was three hours but yeah, Community day felt like how they game should function ALL THE TIME to be enjoyable. :? At this point I play it for a couple of weeks and give up. And levelling up feels more like a punishment because it's ridiculously slow - got some new balls, here's a newly empty XP counter. I don't even care about XP in most games.
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby Seven Rain » May 29th, 2018, 8:58 pm

Seven Rain

Postby kayotics » May 29th, 2018, 9:42 pm

My fiance is really excited about the Lets Go, Pikachu game, not because they're a big pokemon fan, but because yellow version was their first Pokemon game. We'll probably get it.
kayotics

Postby Oly-RRR » May 29th, 2018, 10:08 pm

kayotics wrote:My fiance is really excited about the Lets Go, Pikachu game

AAAAH personally I can't wait!! I kinda knew I'd get any Pokemon game for Switch as long as it's not Pokken (and even with Pokken I keep considering it, it's just that it seems really overpriced for just battling with a limited number of pokemon, no exploring or anything) and now it's like set aside the money for both Pikachu and Evee, SET CALENDARS FOR NOVEMBER!! :mrgreen: Though pokemon is generally a consistent source of positivity for me so it's not exactly surprising. :P

Feeling slightly bothered about it being tied to Pokemon Go though.
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby DracheLehre » May 29th, 2018, 10:40 pm

I'm definitely getting Eevee because I am a MUCH bigger fan of those adorable suckers than Pikachu (TBH Pikachu is not in my top 10 cutest pokemon, maybe top 25)
DracheLehre

Postby Seven Rain » May 29th, 2018, 11:29 pm

I know lots of Pokemon fans hate "genwunners" but I can't help myself. My love for the series is driven by nostalgia, so any chance to return to Kanto and the original 150 is a plus for me.
I'll probably get the Pikachu version just for that extra nostalgic kick to remind me of Yellow Version. I love Eevee but if Yellow is any indicator we won't be able to evolve the mascots so that Eevee will be stuck as an Eevee the entire game. I'd rather have me a Jolteon and get my nostalgia kicks from Pikachu.

It really makes me miss oldschool chubby Pikachu, though.

Oly-RRR wrote:(and even with Pokken I keep considering it, it's just that it seems really overpriced for just battling with a limited number of pokemon, no exploring or anything)

Yeah, fighting games are always more about the competitive and repetitive side of gaming. It's for people that thoroughly enjoy fighting friends and online players over and over again. It's not for everyone.
Spoiler! :
I agree on the limited amount of Pokemon, though. I know you can't expect a fighting game roster to scrape even the tip of the Pokemon Iceberg with 600-700+ of the little bastards now, but it's still rather lacking.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games