General Pokemon

Re: General Pokemon

Postby cloverthegreat » November 15th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Moon and Popplio.

Seven Rain wrote:
cloverthegreat wrote:What starters are people getting? I'm having trouble deciding between water and grass.

Dunno yet. The new starters are cool, but none of them really click with me enough to consider using 'em the whole game, so I'll probably bring something over from Y to make my actual starter.

I'd thought you'd pick Litten since he's a wrestling cat. Unfortunately, Pokébank compatibility with Sun and Moon will only be enabled in January.

So...moving most of my pokemon to the bank was a complete waste of time?
cloverthegreat

Postby Seven Rain » November 15th, 2016, 7:16 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
cloverthegreat wrote:What starters are people getting? I'm having trouble deciding between water and grass.

Dunno yet. The new starters are cool, but none of them really click with me enough to consider using 'em the whole game, so I'll probably bring something over from Y to make my actual starter.

I'd thought you'd pick Litten since he's a wrestling cat.

I do love the concept, but the design just seems kind of lacking. I'm not feeling it as much as I should.
Spoiler! :
For what it's worth I'll pick Litten regardless of whether it finds itself a main spot on my team or not. Maybe I'll get attached enough to keep it around.

Raging Ghost wrote:Unfortunately, Pokébank compatibility with Sun and Moon will only be enabled in January.

I guess it'll be a while before I can transfer the brunt of my boxed Pokemon but I'm sure I can still bring over one or two the old fasioned way with my spare 3DS.

*EDIT*
Been hearing talk of even regular system-to-system trading not being available between XYORAS and Sun/Moon. Hope that's not true because I finally decided on making Aron my defacto starter, but if not I guess I'll fall back on Litten.
Although I've been more and more tempted to go water starter. That third form is just too cool, especially the water Spirit Bomb Z-Move.
Seven Rain

Postby cloverthegreat » November 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Still waiting on my copy to arrive. Maybe if I stare at the door some more...
cloverthegreat

Postby Seven Rain » November 19th, 2016, 2:14 am

So anyone have anything fun to report or is everyone too busy to post? I've been making slooow progress, (particularly thanks to having to restart after hours of playing. Don't ask.) but it's still really fun so far.

I made an impulsive last-minute decision to pick Popplio for my starter. There's no X/Y trading so I can't get an Aron or any other stuff until January anyway.
I'm really impressed with the variety of Pokemon you can catch so early in the game, though. It's gonna be fun putting together story teams with this many options.

I also rolled a Mystery Gift Munchlax with a perfect fucking Speed IV, (according to the IV calculator for Gen VI over on Serebii, and at level 5, so taken with a grain of salt.)
That's completely useless and it has a neutral nature, so it's not going to excel at anything useful via that either, but I was laughing way too hard to re-roll. The fastest Snorlax.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » November 19th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Seven Rain wrote:So anyone have anything fun to report or is everyone too busy to post? I've been making slooow progress, (particularly thanks to having to restart after hours of playing. Don't ask.) but it's still really fun so far.

I made an impulsive last-minute decision to pick Popplio for my starter. There's no X/Y trading so I can't get an Aron or any other stuff until January anyway.
I'm really impressed with the variety of Pokemon you can catch so early in the game, though. It's gonna be fun putting together story teams with this many options.

I also rolled a Mystery Gift Munchlax with a perfect fucking Speed IV, (according to the IV calculator for Gen VI over on Serebii, and at level 5, so taken with a grain of salt.)
That's completely useless and it has a neutral nature, so it's not going to excel at anything useful via that either, but I was laughing way too hard to re-roll. The fastest Snorlax.

If that makes you feel better, you can scan QR codes to get a chance to catch, say, a Charmander. Yoink.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » November 19th, 2016, 3:00 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:If that makes you feel better, you can scan QR codes to get a chance to catch, say, a Charmander. Yoink.

Yeah, been keeping an eye on the Island Scan. It's good stuff.
Seven Rain

Postby DracheLehre » November 19th, 2016, 6:59 pm

I like how they brought back the Gen V exp calculation (or some permutation of it).
DracheLehre

Postby Raging Ghost » November 21st, 2016, 12:36 pm

As it turns out, the Pokémon you get from the Island Scan is based on the day of the week. If you want more information, you can click here. If you're lazy...

Spoiler! :
Red means it's obtainable in Melemele; Yellow in Akala, Green in Ula'ula and Blue in Poni.
Sunday: Cyndaquil, Gothita, Rhyhorn and Eelektross
Monday: Totodile, Spheal, Swinub and Conkeldurr
Tuesday: Deino, Luxio, Duosion and Togekiss
Wednesday: Horsea, Honedge, Roselia and Leavanny
Thursday: Klink, Venipede, Staravia and Serperior
Friday: Chikorita, Bellsprout, Vigoroth and Samurott
Saturday: Litwick, Marill, Axew and Emboar
Raging Ghost

Postby DracheLehre » November 23rd, 2016, 1:23 pm

Out of curiosity, which of the new Pokemon do you like the best?

Spoiler! :
Personally, I'm kind of torn between Crabrawler and Salazzle
DracheLehre

Postby Raging Ghost » November 23rd, 2016, 8:17 pm

I should stop paralyzing wild Pokémon that can call for help if I want to increase my odds of getting a Goomy.

Oh, and so far, my favorite Gen7 'mon is Primarina.
Raging Ghost

Postby MacSimon » November 25th, 2016, 2:18 pm

DracheLehre wrote:Out of curiosity, which of the new Pokemon do you like the best?

Spoiler! :
Personally, I'm kind of torn between Crabrawler and Salazzle

Charjarbug. Every run i've seen so far, the little guy TANKS nuzlockes with a good Eviolite. Also his typing is great for the whole region!
Plus it's a weedy little tiny SQUARE BUGGY!

Other than that Mudsdale looks SO cool, you guys.
MacSimon

Postby DracheLehre » November 25th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Okay... What the fuck is going on...?

So far, I have caught three optional legendaries with regular Pokeballs (Both as a joke and by accident)!

Do not click this if you do not want to spoil further which Pokemon
Spoiler! :
If you're curious which ones they are, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, and Necrozma

*Edit*
Spoiler! :
Add Tapu Lele to the list (In a Heal Ball, but it has the same catch rate multiplier). I'm beginning to suspect that the advanced Pokeball varieties are useless against the legends of Alola.
DracheLehre

Postby Raging Ghost » November 28th, 2016, 8:10 pm

I'll try to get an Eevee with the Modest nature and evolve it into Espeon when it learns Baton Pass. Well, mostly so I can increase my chances of getting a Modest Lunala, since Synchronize gives a 50% chance of getting a 'mon with the same nature as the one with Synchronize, assuming the latter is the lead one (the first Pokémon in the party).
Raging Ghost

Postby maelstrom51210 » November 30th, 2016, 7:44 pm

DracheLehre wrote:Out of curiosity, which of the new Pokemon do you like the best?

I'm digging Gumshoos, since it looks a little like one of my own characters, and I love the little cackle it makes in Refresh.
maelstrom51210

Postby DracheLehre » December 7th, 2016, 12:25 pm

What's your favorite musical track(s) in the game?

Spoiler! :
Mine is the Aether Employee fight and the Championship Defense
DracheLehre

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games