General Pokemon

Re: General Pokemon

Postby cloverthegreat » December 19th, 2016, 2:02 pm

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Finished up the Alola dex the other day, and the shiny charm rules! So far I've SOS chained 2 shiny Eevee, 1 shiny Espeon, and a shiny Palosand. They are all beautiful!

:shock: THAT many?
cloverthegreat

Postby HalfAssedChaos » December 19th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Yeah! By doing SOS chaining you increase the chances of finding a shiny. The eevees each took chains of 200 or more, Palosand and espeon were only about a chain of 40 though. I'm using a team of Keen Eyed fearow along with a decidueye and ribombee for a few niche things. Farm up Leppa berries so you're moves don't run out of PP and Sitrus berries if you want cheap healing.

Eevee chains are really quick, I just chained them while watching TV with the wife.

Other than those I've also chained a shiny Caterpie (with perfect IVs, nature, and HA) and a shiny Cutiefly. SOS Chaining is great.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby cloverthegreat » December 24th, 2016, 4:36 pm

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Yeah! By doing SOS chaining you increase the chances of finding a shiny. The eevees each took chains of 200 or more, Palosand and espeon were only about a chain of 40 though. I'm using a team of Keen Eyed fearow along with a decidueye and ribombee for a few niche things. Farm up Leppa berries so you're moves don't run out of PP and Sitrus berries if you want cheap healing.

Eevee chains are really quick, I just chained them while watching TV with the wife.

Other than those I've also chained a shiny Caterpie (with perfect IVs, nature, and HA) and a shiny Cutiefly. SOS Chaining is great.

I might have to give that a try.

I have one single Pokemon to collect and my Dex is complete. It is an Ultra Beast that you can only get in Moon. GTS crashed and now I'm locked out of the system for awhile and I'm going crazy.

HAHAHA! GOT IT!
cloverthegreat

Postby DracheLehre » December 26th, 2016, 1:11 pm

SOS'ing is also VERY handy for getting amazing IVs.

You can actually see IV values by talking to the guy next to the Battle Tree after hatching at least 20 eggs.
DracheLehre

Postby DracheLehre » January 28th, 2017, 11:48 am

The Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter now have the updates allowing you to move your dudes to Sun and Moon.

My only major gripe is the Transporter still works the way it did for Black/White/Black2/White2. Namely, you have to move you Pokemon to Box 1 in order for it to work.

Considering how Gen 1's storage system work, it's easy to see how much more inefficient it is.
DracheLehre

Postby cloverthegreat » May 25th, 2017, 7:55 pm

In Magikarp Jump, all runs are nuzlocke runs.
cloverthegreat

Postby Raging Ghost » June 6th, 2017, 10:15 am

So, we got Pokken Tournament Deluxe and Pokemon UltraSun/UltraMoon.

Raging Ghost

Postby DracheLehre » June 6th, 2017, 11:22 am

Raging Ghost wrote:So, we got Pokken Tournament Deluxe and Pokemon UltraSun/UltraMoon.

Let's not forget the Gold/Silver ports! :D

Also, I like the look of those Necrozma fusions
DracheLehre

Postby 0palite » June 7th, 2017, 4:06 pm

I'm excited for gold/silver ports! :D

I hope it's like RBY with the vc transfers all having hidden abilities, because I'm so pumped for getting a shiny HA ho-oh.
0palite

Postby candys » September 8th, 2017, 11:09 am

Pokemon anime inspires me for drawing) I' even started to play Pokemon Sun and Moon recently, awesome game
candys

Postby cloverthegreat » April 15th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Pokemon Go community day had a ton of Mareep for like...a half hour and now it's super slow.
cloverthegreat

Postby Kattlanna » April 23rd, 2018, 10:12 pm

I was tempted to get Gold or Silver upon the VC release, but I waited for Crystal because of the nostalgia. Anyone whose bought any of the Pokemon games on the VC, do you go with the game that you used to play because of nostalgia, or do you go by which one has the preferable version exclusives?
Kattlanna

Postby Seven Rain » April 24th, 2018, 4:45 am

Kattlanna wrote:Anyone whose bought any of the Pokemon games on the VC, do you go with the game that you used to play because of nostalgia, or do you go by which one has the preferable version exclusives?

I admit Pokemon has become something who's value to me is all nostalgia. I grabbed Pokemon Red from the VC and had more fun playing that than I'd had playing Pokemon in years, despite all the QOL improvements in later games.
I do still want to play newer Pokemon games on occasion, but I never stick with them long enough to finish the main story or anything. Not since Platinum. I've heard Ultra Sun/Moon are huge on content, which makes me want to try them out sometime, but at this point I'm content playing Red and waiting to see more about the rumored 8th Gen Pokemon game on Switch.
Seven Rain

Postby cloverthegreat » April 24th, 2018, 1:26 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Kattlanna wrote:Anyone whose bought any of the Pokemon games on the VC, do you go with the game that you used to play because of nostalgia, or do you go by which one has the preferable version exclusives?

I admit Pokemon has become something who's value to me is all nostalgia. I grabbed Pokemon Red from the VC and had more fun playing that than I'd had playing Pokemon in years, despite all the QOL improvements in later games.
I do still want to play newer Pokemon games on occasion, but I never stick with them long enough to finish the main story or anything. Not since Platinum. I've heard Ultra Sun/Moon are huge on content, which makes me want to try them out sometime, but at this point I'm content playing Red and waiting to see more about the rumored 8th Gen Pokemon game on Switch.

Lol, I'm the complete opposite. The mechanics and graphics of the newer ones ruined Gen I and Gen II for me. Gen III-present is great though.
cloverthegreat

Postby Famimatsu » April 24th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Kattlanna wrote:I was tempted to get Gold or Silver upon the VC release, but I waited for Crystal because of the nostalgia. Anyone whose bought any of the Pokemon games on the VC, do you go with the game that you used to play because of nostalgia, or do you go by which one has the preferable version exclusives?

I admittedly go for nostalgia hardcore. :p
When gen 1 came out on VC, I grabbed Yellow only because that was my first REAL Pokemon game. I actually got Red after that... and Pinball before that lol.
Then for gen 2 I waited out for Crystal simply because I liked Crystal the most as a kid.
Famimatsu

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games