General Pokemon

Re: General Pokemon

Postby Oly-RRR » May 29th, 2018, 11:46 pm

DracheLehre wrote:I'm definitely getting Eevee because I am a MUCH bigger fan of those adorable suckers than Pikachu (TBH Pikachu is not in my top 10 cutest pokemon, maybe top 25)

I used to feel really indifferent about Eevee until Pokemon Go, now those buggers are in my top 10 favourite Pokemon too! I love Pikachu too though, I keep rats and I feel that Pikachu is actually closer to my guys design-wise than Ratata. And well, I've been trying to buy both versions of Pokemon games for years anyway (though I still haven't got Ultra Sun/Moon because they just seem like expansions of Sun/Moon, maybe I'll wait for a good deal or treat myself on my birthday or just wait for Switch Pokemon games, dunno).

Seven Rain wrote:I'd rather have me a Jolteon and get my nostalgia kicks from Pikachu.

Yeah, Jolteon is probably my fav Eevolution (I have three or four of them in Po Go) but I'll be happy with Eevee too. Eee this is exciting wither way! :D And I missed the DS times of "walking" your mons entirely and didn't get the clock thingie for Po Go either so I'm really looking forward to the pokeball thing if Nintendo actually supplies enough of them and it won't be the whole amiibo situation all over again (what? I can hope).

Seven Rain wrote:It really makes me miss oldschool chubby Pikachu

Looking even more like my rat guys <333

Seven Rain wrote:It's for people that thoroughly enjoy fighting friends and online players over and over again. It's not for everyone.

I'm like that with Splatoon and ARMS (before I started having issues with online mode but that's too tl;dr and annoying and should get resolved eventually) but yeah, not sure it'd click for me with Pokken, especially now that the pokemon void on Switch is about to be filled anyway. I do plan to give more fighting games a try (since I really like ARMS and all), just the ones that don't seem like a cropped version of a larger game. :?
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby Famimatsu » May 30th, 2018, 9:26 am

I'm so legitimately hype for the Let's Go games aaaaaaaaugh. I was just talking to my SO about it last night about how everything about it brings us back to being little kids playing our Gameboys. I vividly remember playing with those cruddy Burger King capsule Pokeballs to pretend catch/battle my Pokémon, and the new joycon just makes me so so so excited.
Plus I've wanted to start a game with an Eevee since Yellow. I hope I can evolve it into a Jolteon. ;u;
Famimatsu

Postby DracheLehre » May 30th, 2018, 3:55 pm

Famimatsu wrote:I vividly remember playing with those cruddy Burger King capsule Pokeballs to pretend catch/battle my Pokémon

I think I still have one of those hidden in my closet, somewhere.
DracheLehre

Postby Oly-RRR » May 30th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Famimatsu wrote:I'm so legitimately hype for the Let's Go games aaaaaaaaugh

THIS THIS THIS :mrgreen:

I got back to Po Go because of this (which is probably good for me right now, getting a bit more walking into my routine)! And I never felt the need for using Pokemon Bank and transferring pokemon in 3DS games because I can catch or trade or just enjoy the variety of pokemon (it's hard to pick only six out of each generation anyway) but with Po Go I feel like these stupid bytes and pixels actually walked some path with me over the last two years so I think I'm ready to spend some money on transferring them to Let's Go games (I'm pretty sure the transfer option will be tied to Nintendo's online subscription, the timing just fits too well). :oops:
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby Randumbz » June 17th, 2018, 8:11 pm

This video is great

Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Oly-RRR » June 21st, 2018, 7:50 pm

I have ONE local friend playing Pokemon Go but we're both excited about upcoming friends feature and trading (only took them two years)...

Randumbz wrote:This video is great

I mostly feel uncomfortable over seeing a puppy being encouraged to chew plastic bags for pageviews but I'm real judgy when it comes to this sort of stuff.
Oly-RRR

Postby Captain Ghost » June 22nd, 2018, 11:08 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:I have ONE local friend playing Pokemon Go but we're both excited about upcoming friends feature and trading (only took them two years)...

Colour me excited as well! Finally, a chance to get some regional/rarer mons... I'm not super stoked about the stardust cost but it's something, at least~
Captain Ghost

Postby cloverthegreat » June 23rd, 2018, 12:31 pm

My Pokemon Go friend code is 2865 0143 0677 for anyone who wants to add me.
cloverthegreat

Postby Oly-RRR » June 23rd, 2018, 5:22 pm

Captain Ghost wrote:a chance to get some regional/rarer mons

Not so sure about regionals because you have to be within 100 metres from the other person to trade pokemon (no limit on items though) but maybe they'll remove that restriction if you boost the friendship level or something.
Oly-RRR

Postby Captain Ghost » June 23rd, 2018, 9:46 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:
Captain Ghost wrote:a chance to get some regional/rarer mons

Not so sure about regionals because you have to be within 100 metres from the other person to trade pokemon (no limit on items though) but maybe they'll remove that restriction if you boost the friendship level or something.

No worries, I'm aware of the restriction (it'd be cool to lift/lower the restriction with higher friendship though...!)
I'm lucky though, the community where I'm currently at is thriving, and there's little shortage (from what I've seen on the local discord) of people who've been abroad and saved up their regional mons~ (and my cousin (my current roomie) is heading to europe soon too, so mr. mime incoming on that front @v@b)

Just... need a way of grinding up some more stardust haha~

The gifting system has been pretty spiffy though, gimme dem pinaps and max revives/max potions ehe;;
Captain Ghost

Postby Oly-RRR » June 23rd, 2018, 10:39 pm

Captain Ghost wrote:The gifting system has been pretty spiffy though, gimme dem pinaps and max revives/max potions ehe

Yeah, the gifting system is fun in itself - seeing other players' pokestops and both giving and getting feels nice. I'm expecting Niantic to put a lid on it in some way because OMG, people giving other people stuff instead of buying it from their store but maybe I'm just being pessimistic there. I was frustrated with Po Go before (even living in an urban area, like I would love to have more reasons to go to local parks than circling around playgrounds and lazy graffiti) but they actually started adding stuff to make the game more varied (Field research, now this).

Captain Ghost wrote:and my cousin (my current roomie) is heading to europe soon too, so mr. mime incoming on that front

Haha, and I feel actually creeped out when I see Mr. Mimes hanging around my block. :lol: They are... much less fun when they are YOUR regional 'mon. :lol: My local friend who still plays might have an extra Tauros from their trip to the US and I have some extra Shinies and a whole flock of Lapras by now. So yeah, that's something. :)
Oly-RRR

Postby cloverthegreat » June 23rd, 2018, 11:01 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:
Captain Ghost wrote:The gifting system has been pretty spiffy though, gimme dem pinaps and max revives/max potions ehe

Yeah, the gifting system is fun in itself - seeing other players' pokestops and both giving and getting feels nice. I'm expecting Niantic to put a lid on it in some way because OMG, people giving other people stuff instead of buying it from their store but maybe I'm just being pessimistic there. I was frustrated with Po Go before (even living in an urban area, like I would love to have more reasons to go to local parks than circling around playgrounds and lazy graffiti) but they actually started adding stuff to make the game more varied (Field research, now this).

Captain Ghost wrote:and my cousin (my current roomie) is heading to europe soon too, so mr. mime incoming on that front

Haha, and I feel actually creeped out when I see Mr. Mimes hanging around my block. :lol: They are... much less fun when they are YOUR regional 'mon. :lol: My local friend who still plays might have an extra Tauros from their trip to the US and I have some extra Shinies and a whole flock of Lapras by now. So yeah, that's something. :)

My guess is that the gifting system is going to stay in place. If I'm at the store screen, it's usually for more bag space or event special boxes and I don't think stuff like super incubators and lure modules can be gifted.

Hopefully they'll get global trade going eventually, but I'm mostly happy that they're doing trade at all. I did not think this day would come.
cloverthegreat

Postby Captain Ghost » June 23rd, 2018, 11:10 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:Yeah, the gifting system is fun in itself - seeing other players' pokestops and both giving and getting feels nice. I'm expecting Niantic to put a lid on it in some way because OMG, people giving other people stuff instead of buying it from their store but maybe I'm just being pessimistic there.

Yeah, same here-- I wouldn't be surprised to see them fiddle around with rewards (and not likely for the better) but in the meantime, I'll be stockpiling qvq And I agree, it's been really cool to see the postcards : D some of these places i'm like, "Huh! I didn't know that was around here! Maybe I'll try to find it some day!" (Or visit, in the case of the odd few pals I have added from abroad)

Oly-RRR wrote:Haha, and I feel actually creeped out when I see Mr. Mimes hanging around my block. :lol: They are... much less fun when they are YOUR regional 'mon. :lol: My local friend who still plays might have an extra Tauros from their trip to the US and I have some extra Shinies and a whole flock of Lapras by now. So yeah, that's something. :)

ahahaha that's how I feel about the horde of nosepass that took up residence here at the pokestops outside my building for awhile. they've scattered across the city now but egh, not a fan. I'd probably feel the same about the mimes, too, ahahaha~ But still, I want that Living Dex @v@/

I'm really hoping groudon/rayquaza make a comeback sooner than later... (and the johto trio too... if they were the next rotation of research task rewards, that'd be fab!)
I saw groudon/rayquaza raids in my hometown but the scene there was/is (?) fairly quiet, so I didn't get to catch em. Rayquaza's one of my faves though. Honestly, I'm so surprised all the time by how active the community here still is. I think it really picked back up after raids got implemented. (Meeting new people has been nice qvqb)

@clover yeah, I bet the gifting will stay but maybe not in such a high capacity... ? I guess we'll see. Still getting lots of error messages so they're probably still working on it hehe. Re shop front, I'm for the time being strictly there for bag upgrades as well~ Taking down gyms is daunting and so coins are precious ;v;''
Captain Ghost

Postby Oly-RRR » June 24th, 2018, 6:18 pm

cloverthegreat wrote:If I'm at the store screen, it's usually for more bag space or event special boxes and I don't think stuff like super incubators and lure modules can be gifted.

I sure hope so! I just get moments where I run out of pokeballs or revives and they do sell those (but I tough it out). But yeah, I upgraded storage and bag a couple of times and now I mostly buy super incubators.

cloverthegreat wrote:Hopefully they'll get global trade going eventually, but I'm mostly happy that they're doing trade at all. I did not think this day would come.

Saaame, I pretty much expected for this game to grow dust but not yet! I'll still transfer some of my favourites into Lets Go when it comes out though.

Captain Ghost wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see them fiddle around with rewards (and not likely for the better) but in the meantime, I'll be stockpiling qvq And I agree, it's been really cool to see the postcards : D

Yup yup! :mrgreen:

Captain Ghost wrote:ahahaha that's how I feel about the horde of nosepass that took up residence here at the pokestops outside my building for awhile

And I'm still trying to catch a "looks like it can battle with the best of them" nosepass so I can level it up and leave it guarding the gyms. :lol: They ARE creepy but also sort of creepycute?

Captain Ghost wrote:I'm really hoping groudon/rayquaza make a comeback sooner than later... (and the johto trio too... if they were the next rotation of research task rewards, that'd be fab!)

I'm really pissed off about missing Zapdos in field research, I don't remember if they announced it at all (and if they did I had a lot going on at the time anyway). It's the only legendary birb I actually wanted and I have doubles of the others. So yeah, hopefully they'll rotate those!

It would also be nice for the raids to have a lower difficulty bar in general... I get that they are meant to be community action thing but I met strangers during raids only TWICE (and that's in the city centre) and me and my friend can't take on biggest raids even together. Though I realised that I can easily handle raids they recommend for two people on my own so that's progress.
Oly-RRR

Postby Captain Ghost » August 13th, 2018, 12:54 am

Oly-RRR wrote:And I'm still trying to catch a "looks like it can battle with the best of them" nosepass so I can level it up and leave it guarding the gyms. :lol: They ARE creepy but also sort of creepycute?
----
I'm really pissed off about missing Zapdos in field research, I don't remember if they announced it at all (and if they did I had a lot going on at the time anyway). It's the only legendary birb I actually wanted and I have doubles of the others. So yeah, hopefully they'll rotate those!

It would also be nice for the raids to have a lower difficulty bar in general... I get that they are meant to be community action thing but I met strangers during raids only TWICE (and that's in the city centre) and me and my friend can't take on biggest raids even together. Though I realised that I can easily handle raids they recommend for two people on my own so that's progress.

Yeah, I can see creepycute haha. I've moved since then and they're still all over the place... They're definitely not for me buuuut if I keep catching them then hey, I should have enough for when its moustache'd evolution makes it in someday hehe

Did you wind up getting yourself some zappy birds on zapdos day? ^^; I rather enjoyed the day mself, despite it being Moving Day and having to run off in a hurry after my 5 free passes were up haha. Met someone from Hong Kong and she seemed positively sweet, and we've kept in touch since -- good ol vidyagames bringing people together qvqb

It would be nice to tackle harder raids with less people-- certainly not everyone can afford to grab 5-6-7 people to tackle em.
(Curiously, I was living in the downtown heart of a big city before moving and everyone went everywhere on foot -- all you had to do was show up at hatch and there'd be people there. But, here? Everyone seems to show up by car! I was really surprised when I saw the raid posted in the discord, footed it over, and saw everyone pulling up in their vehicles haha. But. It just makes more sense/is the only way that'd really be feasible here, one supposes)

I got my sister back into PoGo a week or so ago and she's super hooked now haha. We went to both Eevee days this weekend together and it's been really enjoyable to spend time with her ^^
Captain Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games