General Pokemon

General Pokemon

Postby Spear the Hedgehog » July 21st, 2011, 12:54 pm

Have you ever wanted to be the very best?
The no one ever was?
Did you want to catch them all?

I do, but I usually give up at around the 300 mark....

Anyway, welcome to the General Pokemon thread, where I intend general talking of the evil little monsters.

Talk about Shiny's.
Talk about your l33t team.
Talk about the anime.
Just do whatever, as long as it's in the Pokemon universe.

Let's see, I'll start of with my first game being Pokemon Sapphire, then I bought Crystal.
My favorite Pokemon is Magikarp.
I logged over 400 hours into my Sapphire game, which I avidly played even though I had Diamond.
My first Pokemon ever Swampert (So yes, I do leik Mudkipz) is still around and has never fainted on me yet.
I just restarted White, and caught an Axew.
It is currently named L33tHaX0rZ and is a fully evolved Haxorus.

I stopped watching the anime affter Misty and Brock left, and watched a couple episodes when Brock came back.

Go ahead and talk, I know we are no where near as close to the level that Smogon or Serebii is, but I feel rather intimidated talking over there, so let's talk here. :lol:
"Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start"
Pit wrote:Who has two thumbs and loves hot springs? EVERYONE WITH TWO THUMBS!
Spear the Hedgehog

Re: General Pokemon

Postby mirakelsey » July 21st, 2011, 1:17 pm

The only shiny I've ever caught was a Roselia and I ~freaked out~ when I found it in Platinum.

I know I tried to watch all of the anime when it was still in season one and two, and then off and on in spurts until somewhere in Sinnoh. I pretty much missed all of Hoenn save a couple episodes. I've seen all except maybe the last one or two movies... I love seeing all the times Ash runs blindly into danger and thus nearly dying.

I AM OBSESSED WITH ARCANINE ADFJAKDFH I tried to get my mother to let us name one of our puppies Arcanine and actually almost succeeded.
Seven Rain wrote:Silly tezzle, Pokemon is Japanese. James is the most hetero character on the show.
mirakelsey

Postby PokemonPlus » July 21st, 2011, 1:27 pm

Well...I did meet a shiny Zigzagoon....but I put it in the day care to see If I'll get anymore shinies.
I also met a Shiny Snorlax which I rented at the Battle Factory.

I don't think you'll believe me but, I finished Pokemon Yellow for my cousin. They took a picture of me holding the gameboy 9 years ago. I think I was 6 or something? Then my mom gave me Emerald....and I finished that too. I was called the "generation 1 & 3 expert at junior high."

My team is randomly composed of my 267 Pokemon. It took awhile, but I managed to make them all 65.

Right now, I'm playing LeafGreen which my team is composed of:
Blastoise
Primeape
Raichu
Haunter
Rapidash
Steelix

I still watch the anime...but I watch reruns of Sinnoh League Victors.
PokemonPlus

Postby foxpuff » July 21st, 2011, 1:33 pm

I managed to get a couple of shinies. One I hatched in Pokemon Emerald (many years ago and it was a Plusle, still have it after transfer to Pearl) and a month ago a shiny Tranquill. My favorite is Jigglypuff.
Empty until something's thought of.
foxpuff

Postby tezzle » July 21st, 2011, 1:46 pm

I'm finally taking Pokemon gaming to that way-too-serious level. That's right. EV-training. I've planned my team, egg-bred them all with specific natures in mind to increase certain stats, and have a list of all the specific EV points wild pokemon give out. I even egg-bred a few moves. My team can pretty much counteract almost any weakness. You have no idea how painstaking EV training is. You have to keep track of every single EV point yourself outside the game. And there's like...400 something EV points to get until you're done. Oh and they all have the Pokerus. Marrtin egg-bred and EV-trained his Scrafty. It took him hours. Not even sure if it's worth it, but we're doing it. TOGETHER. *big gay rainbow of Poke-love and happiness*

My team will soon be this:
- Willow the Chandelure
- Buster the Pinsir
- Layla the Lickilicky
- Prudence the Altaria
- Maria the Lanturn
- Molly the Krookodile

I'm AWFUL at finding shinies. :c I've only ever found 2 in my whole entire life. The first was a Kakuna way back in gen 2. Then I found a shiny brown zubat in Mt. Moon in Pokemon leaf green, but I HAD NO POKEBALLS! ;_; I wasted them all on a Clefairy and I figured "Great, I got every pokemon in Mt. Moon. Don't need pokeballs for a while anyhow." I WAS WROOOOOOOOOONG!

...Ahem, but yeah, never found one since.

As for the anime, even when I was a kid I had problems with it. the first season was the best, not because nostalgia either, the writing was solid it took itself more seriously but still had fun. But even back then I HATED Ash. He was unrelatable, got half his pokemon without trying, got half his BADGES without trying, and Mewtwo shouldn't have had him on his guest list because f*** Ash, barely any of his Pokemon ever even evolved and the ones he promised he'd come back for HE NEVER EVER WILL! PRIMAPE AND PIGEOT HAVE BEEN LONG FORGOTTEN!!!

Anyone who also hates the anime should read the manga, Pokemon Adventures instead. S*** gets real, son. Legendaries are CAUGHT AND USED IN BATTLE. Humans and pokemon alike get injured in battle. Hell, a few even DIE. Also, the pokeballs are translucent. You can SEE the little Pokemon inside the balls.
How freaking adorable is that? It also answers the question of "How the hell do they know which Pokemon are in which ball?" And don't give me that specific belt-order crap, Misty kept hers in a SACK. The game's creator has said that if you want to see the closest thing ever to his vision of the pokemon world, read this manga. And since I don't advocate piracy, I can assure you that full volumes are available online and shouldn't be any more expensive then $8 each!...But there are enough volumes out so far to make purchasing them all cost over $200...sooo yeah.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Whatura » July 21st, 2011, 2:00 pm

My favorite Pokemon is Weavile. Mine has stuck by me since Pearl and she is one of my most powerful Pokemon <3
My first game was Red, and I think I started with Squirtle or Bulbasaur.
I have caught a shiny Drowzee in every Silver file I have ever started.
I bred a shiny female Chimchar (which is now an Infernape) and a shiny female Sneasel (which is now a Weavile) in Pearl.
I have Black in Japanese and White in English.
I hate N. Like, seriously.
My favorite Gym Leader is Roark, because he's adorkable.
Every game I've ever 100% completed (except Pearl) was stolen from me.
...Did I mention I hate N?
I've logged over 500 hours in Pearl, around 300 in Platinum, around 200 in Soul Silver, and about 350 in Black and White combined.
I have the entire OST for RBY, GSC, RSE/FRLG, DPPt, and BW.
I really hate N.
Dragonite and Hyreigon are the only Dragon-types I've ever liked.
My favorite legendaries are Mew, Mewtwo, and Darkrai.
Lance is a cheating bastard and I hate him.
Every team that isn't Team Rocket or Team Galactic got their asses handed to them in under 50 hours by yours truly.
Iris pisses me off so much that I refuse to watch the BW anime.
I don't care about winning battles; I would rather confuse my opponent than overpower them. If they tell me how annoying my Pokemon are after the battle, I've done my job.
Though I hate Double Team.
I hate Smogon.

I HAVE SAID TOO MUCH. *ninja poof*
Whatura

Postby mirakelsey » July 21st, 2011, 2:22 pm

I started EV training a team for tournaments at schoooll.... never finished. My Pikachu is anxiously awaiting for me to finish training but I don't think I'm ever going to bother.

The team was going to be:
Houndoom (Barkspawn)
Dragonite (Lemonsnout, formerly Toothless)
Swampert (CaptCrunch)
Pikachu (Alejandro)
Gengar (Xander)
Gallade (Knife)

I think N is a DOUCHEBAG and I constantly want to punch him in the face.
Seven Rain wrote:Silly tezzle, Pokemon is Japanese. James is the most hetero character on the show.
mirakelsey

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 21st, 2011, 2:27 pm

tezzle wrote:
My team will soon be this:
- Willow the Chandelure
- Buster the Pinsir
- Layla the Lickilicky
- Prudence the Altaria
- Maria the Lanturn
- Molly the Krookodile

That Lanturn will be your doom. Only stat it's got going for it is it's massive base HP. Also you got screwed out of a decent ability if it has illuminate. Volt absorb dose it better.

My "Competitive" Team is gonna consist of:

-Garchomp
Nature: jolly
Swords Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
-Scizor
Nature: Adamant
Agility
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Brick Break
-Leafeon
Nature: Jolly
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Double Edge
Synthesis
-Kingdra
Nature: Lonley
Rain dance
Surf
Waterfall
Dragon Pulse
-Lucario
Nature: Timid
Aura sphere
Dark Pulse
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse/Psychic
-Tyranitar
Nature: Adamant
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Stone Edge

As a Last statement to this thread in this particular post,
Pokemon Adventures Manga>All other forms of pokemon media.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby ApaFox » July 21st, 2011, 3:32 pm

I got me a Pokemon team, but it's not some super competitive. Just a group that I like and that I wanted at least one Pokemon from each version.

Golduck - Darkwing
Ninetales -Kitsune
Espeon - Pinkie Pie
Manectric - Barong
Lucario - Chell
Hydreigon - Ringo
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Palutena » July 21st, 2011, 5:28 pm

I don't do competive battling, so mine are just ones that I like~

Finn- Feraligatr
Autumn- Sceptile
HwaJae- Emboar
Jae- Samurott
Alfred- Pidgeott
Dooley- Tyranitar

I like using starter Pokemon~
And all shiny thanks to Action Replay.
Except for Jae and Finn. Those are legit.
And I have no shame.
Last edited by Palutena on July 21st, 2011, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendork for life.
Palutena

Postby PyroTeam » July 21st, 2011, 5:40 pm

Let's see...

Diamond was my first game, in which I got on my B-day.
I was a complete idiot in that game, in which I only trained my starter. I now do nuzlocke challenges, except in Black, because the region was new to me.
My fav. Pokemon is either Lucario or Zoroark, I can't decide, I love them both.

I am at the league in my Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge and my current team is:

Joe the Venasaur (My starter)
X the Nidoking (The beefcake, seriously, he hasn't gotten close to dying.)
Jackie the Venomoth (The timid one, but very powerful)
Billy the Arcanine (My favorite, he MURDERS everything!)
Perri the Lapras (She'll take you down easy)
The Boss the Arbok (I wanted a boy Arbok for a MGS pun, but I got a girl so...)

In my Black Normal Run:

Solid the Serperior (BIG MGS pun here)
Steve the Zebstrika (My best buddy)
Sockit the Sawk (He kicks ass and takes names)
Arlene the Unfezant (She's my fly slave, but also important
Zero the Zoroark (He's pretty fun to use)
Nygus the Excadrill (Yep, her name is off of Soul Eater. BTW, I bred her with another Excadrill named Sid and got her son, which I named Crash Man XD)

In my opinion, the anime is well... Stupid. Ash is kind of mediocre and stopped watching after awhile. Seriously, read Pokemon Adventures Manga. Pretty much what Tezzle said.
My story, Malign: Insurrection
A mecha pilot is sent to help protect a colonized moon from an alien threat, but he gets wrapped up in a revenge plot.
PyroTeam

Postby Swift_Griffon » July 21st, 2011, 5:48 pm

Oh my gosh, why didn't anyone think of this before?

Well, the only shiny I caught was a Smeargle, now I have no idea were it is. :(
My favorite Pokemon is Absol, Zoroark is pretty close. I like all of the starters, except Chikorita and the evos for Tepig.

My team in White is:
Zoroark-Luna Caught in Lostlorn Forest
Ampharos-Tanya Got from a hacked HeartGold game
Salamence- Got from a Global Trade, it's Japanese
Empoleon-Bubbles My first ever Pokemon, I sent it over from Pearl (Lame name, I know. I got it when I was 9.)
Typhlosion-BLAZE The starter I got within SoulSilver (I accidently put its name in caps)
Roserade- Also got from a Global Trade, also Japanese

My failed Emerald Nuzlocke Team:
Blaziken-Joe
Breloom-Ringo
Azumarill-DuranDuran
Manectric-Friender
Mightyena-Luna (I'm unoriginal, I know)
Skarmory-Falco
(It's failed because my DS Lite broke)
Thunder The HalfBloodHedgehog was my old account, I made a new one because I hated the name.
Swift_Griffon

Postby Seven Rain » July 21st, 2011, 6:16 pm

Never caught any legit shinies. :C
Spoiler! :
I do have a Shiny Charizard, though. Moved over from Platinum. I didn't want the Platinum starters, so when I got Platinum I got an AR and accidentally a shiny Charmander into my game. DON'T JUDGE ME.

Sooooo... Hrmm... Not much to say other than the original Pokemon games are nostalgia dial turned to 11 for me. Very very VERY few things in this world are as nostalgic to me as the beautiful Gens 1 and 2. Manly tears get shed just thinking about them. Pokemon was my Universe as a kid, even more so than stuff like OoT, Yoshi's Island, DBZ, etc. I dare say. And The Road to Cerulean City music?
UNLEADED NOSTALGIA. ;___;

*EDIT*
tezzle wrote:Anyone who also hates the anime should read the manga, Pokemon Adventures instead. S*** gets real, son. Legendaries are CAUGHT AND USED IN BATTLE. Humans and pokemon alike get injured in battle. Hell, a few even DIE. Also, the pokeballs are translucent. You can SEE the little Pokemon inside the balls.
How freaking adorable is that? It also answers the question of "How the hell do they know which Pokemon are in which ball?" And don't give me that specific belt-order crap, Misty kept hers in a SACK. The game's creator has said that if you want to see the closest thing ever to his vision of the pokemon world, read this manga. And since I don't advocate piracy, I can assure you that full volumes are available online and shouldn't be any more expensive then $8 each!...But there are enough volumes out so far to make purchasing them all cost over $200...sooo yeah.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. Adventures was great, and was truer to the games than any piece of Pokemon media out there but the original games themselves.
Hell, even the other manga was good. Electric Tale of Pikachu. It was based off of the anime instead of the game, but it just did everything so much better than the anime did, and like Adventures, was a bit more mature as well. Buying the legit localized copy will result in some censorship though, but I'm sure most won't care about how big or how covered Misty's boobs are or whether characters drop swear words or not. I don't think a fantrans even exists anyway.
Oh, and the artwork in it was great. The characters and Pokemon all looked awesome, and Ash was adorable. <3
I love Toshihiro Ono's rendition of the series just as much as the Adventure manga.
Seven Rain

Postby Nymine » July 21st, 2011, 6:37 pm

I didn't get into Pokemon until Ruby. Yes, I managed to stay away from it that long. I'm too much like my dad; just like he had an irrational hatred for Lord of the Rings during high school because of how much everyone talked about it, I developed a dire odium for anything yellow that shot lightning out of its cheeks.

A billion years later, Ruby comes out and my buddy shoved his copy into my hands and said 'Just try it'. I was gone. I've pretty much been playing every game since, so I guess advantage to me since the early game remakes have been whole new experiences. Apparently I suck. My friends tell me I'm our group's Ash, and if the game could, the gym leaders would just give me badges because of pity(I beat the gyms eventually :c). Out of everything I've played, my favorites are:

Miltank
Likitung
Slowking
Grumpig
Chansey
Toxicroak

Yup, that'd be my team. Haven't had time or resource for White/Black. Been thinking about it, but sadly I think I'm going to have to pass.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Spear the Hedgehog » July 21st, 2011, 10:33 pm

Let's see, I hated Whitney's militank.
Lance used hacks.
And my first shiny was a liligant.

I've never ev trained...
Never plan too.

What's your favorite gen?
I like Hoenn,
Everyone hates it.
The complaints are terrible....
Learn to use repels, and I personally think gen 2 pokemon look worse overall, with a few exceptions of course.
Don't get me wrong, I loved my run on Crystal and Soul Silver, but I dont understand the hype over Johto.
"Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start"
Pit wrote:Who has two thumbs and loves hot springs? EVERYONE WITH TWO THUMBS!
Spear the Hedgehog

Next

Return to Video Games