The Final Fantasy Thread!

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » August 23rd, 2011, 9:24 pm

Indeed, it looks great. I even bought and plan to eventually finish FFXIII in preparation for it. Only thing I'm kinda bummed about is the fact that Serah is Snow's fiance, meaning romance between her and Noel is pretty much out of the question. Bums me out 'cuz from what I've seen I like Noel more than Snow.
Seven Rain

Postby blankd » August 23rd, 2011, 10:26 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Indeed, it looks great. I even bought and plan to eventually finish FFXIII in preparation for it. Only thing I'm kinda bummed about is the fact that Serah is Snow's fiance, meaning romance between her and Noel is pretty much out of the question. Bums me out 'cuz from what I've seen I like Noel more than Snow.

Actually now that I've seen more of Noel I keep thinking "Fang why are you a young man now?" /shot
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Indeed, it looks great. I even bought and plan to eventually finish FFXIII in preparation for it. Only thing I'm kinda bummed about is the fact that Serah is Snow's fiance, meaning romance between her and Noel is pretty much out of the question. Bums me out 'cuz from what I've seen I like Noel more than Snow.

Hey, maybe Nomura will mix it up for once, and they'll break off the engagement. XD Or kill Snow, which seems more likely in that situation. RPG's never just have break ups. Someone always has to die...

Postby blankd » August 24th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Molly-sama wrote:

Hey, maybe Nomura will mix it up for once, and they'll break off the engagement. XD Or kill Snow, which seems more likely in that situation. RPG's never just have break ups. Someone always has to die...

Guys given the pattern for FF#-2's, she's gonna be pregnant.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby Guest » August 25th, 2011, 12:48 am

blankd wrote:
Molly-sama wrote:

Guys given the pattern for FF#-2's, she's gonna be pregnant.

Weeeeeeeeeeeell, she could also just end up with a completely different personality, too, or, going by other FF sequels without "2s", jump back about half a game in characterization. lol

Postby crapcarp » August 31st, 2011, 3:37 am

Which was your favorite game/character(s)? Mog, that is all.
What do you like best about the series? Strategy, but even that's going downhill.
What do you hate the most about it? 7
Dissidia anyone? I would buy a PSP JUST for that game.
Would you be up for a FFVII remake? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Do you love IX? YES!
And...XIII? XIV? MMOs? Haven't really played. I don't like incurring costs, and I played WoW before, so I don't trust MMO's very much.
crapcarp

Postby NoDanico » September 1st, 2011, 12:22 am

Molly-sama wrote:Holy shit I want that game. Lightning looks like a more badass version of KOS-MOS with freaking Odin, too. XD

Oh the potential Lightning had. In another game those characters could have shined...
Seeds of Magic, Book One of the Metus Saga- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo
NoDanico

Postby Guest » September 1st, 2011, 12:44 am

NoDanico wrote:
Molly-sama wrote:Holy shit I want that game. Lightning looks like a more badass version of KOS-MOS with freaking Odin, too. XD

Oh the potential Lightning had. In another game those characters could have shined...

It is another game now! lol

I can't offer much of an opinion of anything XIII related...but she's a badass in Dissidia, too. XD

Postby Patroness » September 9th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Which was your favorite game/character(s)? My favorite characters were Zack, (non-emo) Cloud, Vincent, and maybe Aerith from VII, Seymour from X, and Snow from XIII. My favorite is FFVII, but X is really close to it too. XIII is a good game, but just not a good FF game, and it can get a little slow in my opinion, and it seems to me like a few things were directly taken out of VII appearance-wise to strike a familiar cord with FFVII lovers.
What do you like best about the series? I've always liked the complete escapism of it, and how actiony and cool it can be with still being fantastical and fun.
What do you hate the most about it? I can't find many things I dislike about it, because I'm biased and the FF games I've played are sentimental for me. ^^
Dissidia anyone? Never played it.
Would you be up for a FFVII remake? As far as a FFVII remake, it would be neat ONLY, and I repeat ONLY, kept with the original EXACTLY. No making Cloud annoyingly emo, because he certainly wasn't like that in the game, keeping all the original dialogue, character interactions, etc. So basically, it'd be cool to see it in the newer, better graphics, but I don't want to content touched.
Do you love IX? Again, never played it.

Patroness

Postby Seven Rain » September 9th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Patroness wrote:Do you love IX? Again, never played it.

*Clears throat*
PLAAAAAAAAAAY IIIIIT.
Seven Rain

Postby NoDanico » September 9th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Seven Rain wrote:

*Clears throat*
PLAAAAAAAAAAY IIIIIT.

If only to see what a Final fantasy game is like with the perky sidekick as the main protagonist.
Seeds of Magic, Book One of the Metus Saga- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo
NoDanico

Postby Patroness » September 10th, 2011, 12:06 am

Seven Rain wrote:

*Clears throat*
PLAAAAAAAAAAY IIIIIT.

Haha, I've been hearing that a lot! I'm really busy right now though, and am currently playing FF IV and FF XIII in whatever spare time I have, but I'll make sure to have IX on the list. :)

Patroness

Postby RyoSoulreaper » September 10th, 2011, 10:09 am

NoDanico wrote:

The game was just linear. That is the only thing wrong with it.....well maybe the healing system was a little dumb and made the game easier in a sense but XIII was a step up from XII.

Also @the comment about IX.....Not sure if insult.
Zidane is not really sidekick-y. He's just perky but come on.....look at the protagonists before him.
WoL:Never talked ever
Frion(W/e can't bother to remember to spell.): Hell bent on finding Leon.
*didn't play 3
Cecil:Pacifist with power issues.
Bartz:Zidane .5
Terra:Timid
Cloud:Emo
Squall:"Loner"

At that point Zidane and Bartz were the only chipper ones.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » September 10th, 2011, 1:27 pm

I don't think he was really being insulting as much as it's just an endearing way of looking at Zidane. I love Zidane, but he's not wrong, haha.
I mean take a look at Locke, Zell, Rikku and Snow. Sidekicks, more or less, whom all act pretty close to Zidane.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » September 10th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Seven Rain wrote:I don't think he was really being insulting as much as it's just an endearing way of looking at Zidane. I love Zidane, but he's not wrong, haha.
I mean take a look at Locke, Zell, Rikku and Snow. Sidekicks, more or less, whom all act pretty close to Zidane.

Could you imagine: Dissidia: Final Fantasy: Sidekick Edition.

Spoiler! :
Fucking Barret!
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games