The Final Fantasy Thread!

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Postby NoDanico » September 10th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Yeah I genuinely enjoyed playing as Zidane, after Emo pants 8 and cynical 7 he was refreashing. Not to say I didn't like Cloud and Leon, it just seemed like all media at the time tried to make every protagonist into Manfred or Heathcliff.
ApaFox wrote:Could you imagine: Dissidia: Final Fantasy: Sidekick Edition.

Spoiler! :
Fucking Barret!

I would love to give Hope a pistol/fist whip/beating with Barret.

Spoiler! :
Barrett: @#*%& your whiny ass.
Seeds of Magic, Book One of the Metus Saga- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo
NoDanico

Postby Guest » September 12th, 2011, 1:41 am

Patroness wrote:Would you be up for a FFVII remake? As far as a FFVII remake, it would be neat ONLY, and I repeat ONLY, kept with the original EXACTLY. No making Cloud annoyingly emo, because he certainly wasn't like that in the game, keeping all the original dialogue, character interactions, etc. So basically, it'd be cool to see it in the newer, better graphics, but I don't want to content touched.

I agree with you, except on the character interactions. Just some small touches here and there would be awesome. I went through the game again recently, and I know it's what a lot of RPG's do but unless someone in the party is interacting with Cloud outside of an FMV, they do nothing. Few reactions or anything. A newer game could do more of that, and it could be pretty cool. But really, only things that are inconsequential to the main plot. XD

ApaFox wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I don't think he was really being insulting as much as it's just an endearing way of looking at Zidane. I love Zidane, but he's not wrong, haha.
I mean take a look at Locke, Zell, Rikku and Snow. Sidekicks, more or less, whom all act pretty close to Zidane.

Could you imagine: Dissidia: Final Fantasy: Sidekick Edition.

Spoiler! :
Fucking Barret!

I thought that's what Laguna was for in 012?

Spoiler! :
Seriously, though, ANY OTHER CHARACTER FROM VI BESIDES TERRA.

Postby ApaFox » September 12th, 2011, 4:57 am

Molly-sama wrote:

You kidding? Whenever Squall wasn't able to piss people off by tellin' them to talk to walls, Laguna steps in and becomes the whole f'in show.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Guest » September 12th, 2011, 11:06 am

ApaFox wrote:
Molly-sama wrote:

You kidding? Whenever Squall wasn't able to piss people off by tellin' them to talk to walls, Laguna steps in and becomes the whole f'in show.

Exactly! Sidekick Edition! lol That's what Vaan was there for, too, right?

Oh, ZING!

...I'm sorry I'll stop now. XD

It's just kind of bad that Squall got overshadowed by Laguna, just considering that it's Squall's game they're both from. It seems kind of like Nomura can come up with good characters. Then he comes up with mediocre ones. Then sometimes he puts the mediocre ones in the starring roles. VIII and X specifically. Though I think Tidus was miles ahead of Squall in terms of likability.

Postby Bowserknight » September 12th, 2011, 11:14 am

Bowserknight

Postby Seven Rain » September 12th, 2011, 12:05 pm

Molly-sama wrote:Though I think Tidus was miles ahead of Squall in terms of likability.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. If he stayed the way he was in Zanarkand I would've loved Tidus, but his whining, daddy issues and obnoxious swooning over Yuna made it pretty easy for me to hate him more than Cloudflanderization Leonhart, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby Pagan-chan » September 12th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Molly-sama wrote:Though I think Tidus was miles ahead of Squall in terms of likability.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. If he stayed the way he was in Zanarkand I would've loved Tidus, but his whining, daddy issues and obnoxious swooning over Yuna made it pretty easy for me to hate him more than Cloudflanderization Leonhart, haha.

Agreed. I may not have finished playing 8, but I find Squall much more enjoyable than Tidus any day. If you ask me, the main character of X should have been Yuna. Maybe then we wouldn't have had to listen to Tidus's internal whining alongside the rest of it.
Pagan-chan

Postby ApaFox » September 12th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Molly-sama wrote:

Oh, ZING!

Oh, don't stop. Wasn't Basch supposed to be the main character of 12?

Spoiler! :
I'm surprised Gabranth didn't turn out to be Vaan's twin.

Pagan-chan wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

Agreed. I may not have finished playing 8, but I find Squall much more enjoyable than Tidus any day. If you ask me, the main character of X should have been Yuna. Maybe then we wouldn't have had to listen to Tidus's internal whining alongside the rest of it.

How long do you think it would take for Squall to lose it with Tidus if they were in the same traveling party together?

Spoiler! :
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » September 12th, 2011, 12:34 pm

ApaFox wrote:How long do you think it would take for Squall to lose it with Tidus if they were in the same traveling party together?

Spoiler! :
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

That depends on whether it's FFX Tidus or Zanarkand/Dissidia Tidus.

... Actually it probably doesn't. I'm sure Squal would be equally annoyed by both.
Seven Rain

Postby Pagan-chan » September 12th, 2011, 12:35 pm

ApaFox wrote:
Pagan-chan wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. If he stayed the way he was in Zanarkand I would've loved Tidus, but his whining, daddy issues and obnoxious swooning over Yuna made it pretty easy for me to hate him more than Cloudflanderization Leonhart, haha.

How long do you think it would take for Squall to lose it with Tidus if they were in the same traveling party together?

Spoiler! :
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

:lol: Squall would have Tidus's head on a pike within five minutes. And I'm being generous with that estimate.
Last edited by Amante on September 21st, 2011, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
Pagan-chan

Postby Guest » September 12th, 2011, 1:08 pm

While he was annoying, I just found Squall to be a prick. It was kind of picking between annoying whining and general douchebaggery. I guess I have more tolerance for the former. XD

ApaFox wrote:
Molly-sama wrote:

Oh, ZING!

Oh, don't stop. Wasn't Basch supposed to be the main character of 12?

Then I shall continue! ...Once I think of something else. Also: Yup. XD
The development team explained their decision to change Basch's role in the game was due to the target audiences' demographics, as well as their reaction to another game in the Ivalice Alliance, Vagrant Story.

After the game - whose protagonist, Ashley Riot, is a "strong man in his prime" - was generally poorly received in comparison to previous Final Fantasy titles, developers opted to create a younger, more effeminate hero in order to appeal to the player demographics.

Postby Seven Rain » September 14th, 2011, 12:58 am

Already mentioned it in the General Gaming thread, but I feel it's worth mentioning here;
FFX HD Remaster is coming to the Vita!
Pretty cool.
Seven Rain

Postby Sorrows Neptune » September 14th, 2011, 12:39 pm

I'm actually kind of looking forward to this...I mean, it's a rhythmic game. With Final Fantasy!
Sorrows Neptune

Postby NoDanico » September 14th, 2011, 8:51 pm

I've been playing Tactics again after like twelve years and this time I made my guy into a Calculator. This thing is a friggin' beast! I can cast spell on people across the map for no mp or casting time! Sure every now and then I hit one of my guys with the odd lightning bolt but hey, I can one round random Mobs.
Math is power!
Seeds of Magic, Book One of the Metus Saga- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo
NoDanico

Postby Sorrows Neptune » September 15th, 2011, 2:36 am

ApaFox wrote:Wasn't Basch supposed to be the main character of 12?

Man, Final Fantasy XII would have had such a better story if it centered around Basch.
Sorrows Neptune

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games