Zelda General

Re: Zelda General

Postby ApaFox » July 25th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Favorite Girl(Like the one you are gonna save.)
A tie between Zelda and Cremia. (That's right, Cremia. Not Malon. You know why.)

-puts on fanboy goggles-
Pfft, whatever, dood. Malon still much better

RyoSoulreaper wrote:Added new question. Favorite Dungeon.

Spirit Temple in OoT. Felt like something out of Indiana Jones.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby DracheLehre » July 25th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Fave Game
Link's Awakening will always have a special place in my heart (My first Zelda title)

Fave Helper
Midna, hands down. I loved her snarky attitude.

Fave Link
Twilight Princess Link. Dude is a man on a damn mission!

Fave Girl
Cremia (Hotness Incarnate)

Fave Boss
Stal-Fucking-Lord! He was always so damn fun to fight. Easy boss but the funnest boss of the series.

Fave Exclusive Item
The Spinner. I loved the concept, but wish it wasn't so useless much later on.
DracheLehre

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 25th, 2011, 10:44 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:Ikana Valley Temple I think it was called.

Stone Tower.

Had one kick ass theme to it too.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby DracheLehre » July 25th, 2011, 10:55 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:TINGLE. Does he count? He helps you in Wind Waker with the Tingle Tuner, if you had a GBA and a friend/sibling

Yeah but it's useless in boss battles (although I did pull the ultimate dick move on my brother on his playthrough, interrupting his ascent up the collapsing stairs on Dragon Roost Island dungeon and turning him around simultaneously resulting in him falling down the mountain), and the dude empties your damn wallet to "help" you SAVE THE DAMN WORLD!
DracheLehre

Postby MacSimon » July 25th, 2011, 11:20 pm

ADDED QUESTION: Favorite music track.
I love Lost Woods, but Gerudo Valley is just...great.
MacSimon

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 25th, 2011, 11:39 pm

MacSimon wrote:ADDED QUESTION: Favorite music track.

Dragon Roost and Stone Tower meng.

Edit: The Serenade of Water and that one track after you beat a boss in TP.
Last edited by RyoSoulreaper on July 26th, 2011, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Afrohawkman » July 25th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Favorite Girl(Like the one you are gonna save.)
A tie between Zelda and Cremia. (That's right, Cremia. Not Malon. You know why.)
Favorites aside, I ship Link x Everyone, and disregarding canon; Young Link x Everyone. (But I totes ship Toon Link and Tetra.)

She...she sways so much...I can't help just watching her sway back in forth...It's enchanting...

Favorite Dungeon: You know that big ass dungeon you had to keep revisiting in Spirit Tracks? The Spirit Tower I believe? That one. That one was my all time favorite. Mainly because of how absolutely devious they were in those puzzles. The last floor was probably the longest I've ever stayed in a dungeon because of all of the puzzles in it, it was great. The best part was that they were actual puzzles, not just tricks of the eye or switches hidden in really odd places, they were legitimately hard puzzles.

Favorite Track: Only one track comes to mind: The Spirit Tracks Final Boss Music (don't worry, it's not spoilers). There are many other tracks in the Zelda universe that are all amazing, from the great field themes to the epic boss musics, but this is the one track that stays with me almost all of the time. Honestly Spirit Tracks's very few flaws are the only thing keeping it from it being my favorite game. I was also going to mention the Ganon Boss Music from OoT as a close second but a different piece comes to mind instead: Midna's Lament. I remember when I first heard this song and I was so afraid of what was going on because it sounded so sad yet it still combined the great theme of TP. Probably one of my favorite "sad" themes of Zelda.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » July 26th, 2011, 9:02 am

MacSimon wrote:ADDED QUESTION: Favorite music track.
I love Lost Woods, but Gerudo Valley is just...great.

Gonna take me a while to think of my favorite dungeons, but this one is a no-brainer.

The Ganondorf fight from OoT.
Yes, I liked it even more than the track from the Ganon fight. The Choir(?) in that song is just haunting in the best way.

Close second would be the Fire Temple theme from OoT. Following that it would be Midna's Lament and like, the entire OoT/MM soundtracks.
The Fire Temple theme has always felt like the most haunting and amazing dungeon theme to me, especially the original. The original is just... Mind-blowing.
It makes me wish I still had the original cartridge. I used to have it waaaaay back in the day... When the original Fire Temple theme was still intact, and when Ganondorf had red blood.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » July 26th, 2011, 10:50 am

Favorite music track.

I donno if there's a track I don't like. The Volvagia fight music is high on the list, especially after that remix in Twilight Princess

Another fav I'd have to say is The Dark World theme from ALttP.

EDIT: Oh, also The Majora's Mask Overworld music for it's interesting intro.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 26th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Hey guys! Hey guys!

I found some things about Skyward Sword.
Little mechanics
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » July 26th, 2011, 6:32 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:I found some things about Skyward Sword.
Little mechanics

Unfortunately, there will be no voice acting in Skyward Sword and will not be any voice acting anytime in the near future. Aonuma recently stated that they felt as if Link should remain silent. Other characters in the game will also not be speaking.

Unfortunately? Has this person ever played a Zelda game before?

I hope they always keep the voice-less, occasional sound style of dialogue. And if they do get voices LINK BETTER STAY SILEEEEENT!
Good thing Aonuma agrees with me.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 27th, 2011, 10:31 am

I want more voices at least. Like give ones to Ganon, Zelda, and maybe your little pester buddy.
Link shall forever be silent.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Inxerene » July 27th, 2011, 10:59 am

Favorite Game: Ocarina of Time

Favorite Helper(The ones that pester you): None. I hate them all.

Favorite Link: OoT Link

Favorite Girl(Like the one you are gonna save.): Ehh... Gorons? I'm not a fan of the girls either. I guess Saria. =/

Favorite Boss: Phantom Ganondorf. He still gives me chills when he rides that horse into the paintings.

Favorite game exclusive item(Lens of truth, Pegasus boots, gale boomerang): BOMBCHUS

Favorite dungeon: Graveyard dungeon where you get the guy's prize after chasing him all over the place.

Favorite music track: Prelude of Light, Shadow Temple background music
My Pokemon comic. It updates daily.. hopefully.
Of Myths and Legends

Inxerene

Postby Seven Rain » July 27th, 2011, 6:17 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:I hope one day they have voices, except Link though.

I wouldn't go postal over voices as long as Link stayed silent, but it would still take getting used to. D:
Especially if they gave Zelda and Ganondorf voices... I'm as used to them being silent as I am Link. (Well... Almost, at least they've had text dialogue.)

One of the problems with giving people voices would be the same conundrum FFX had. That is, Nintendo would either have to force you into being named Link or just find a way around ever mentioning the player's name in dialogue. Like having everyone in the game call him "Hero" or use excessive pronouns.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » July 27th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Like having everyone in the game call him "Hero" or use excessive pronouns.

It could work, other games have allowed you to name your characters and were able to maneuver through that problem.
The Deviantart Image
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games