Zelda General

Re: Zelda General

Postby Crystalbear » December 20th, 2011, 1:22 am

Hurray, I finally got two bird feathers... Two in one capture.

I had to upgrade my bug net to get them. :/
Crystalbear

Postby ApaFox » December 20th, 2011, 4:03 am

I'm ready for ya Ganondorf. Have at you!!
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Crystalbear » December 20th, 2011, 1:19 pm

ApaFox wrote:I'm ready for ya Ganondorf. Have at you!!

TWW had the most epic Ganondorf, and most well developed, in my opinion. I love TWW Ganondorf.
Crystalbear

Postby Seven Rain » December 20th, 2011, 1:49 pm

My favorite is still OoT, and not for biased "FAVE GAEM EVAR!" reasons either. Ganondorf in WW was cool and all, I really liked the fight with him at the end, but Ganondorf in OoT basically pulled a Kefka Palazzo and succeeded in fucking up the world and taking it over before Link woke back up. He also had my absolute favorite design of all the G-dorfs. That dude was a BAMF with the cape and long hair, especially after seeing him as a kid. It really helped drive the point home that he managed to go from the King of Thieves to menacing all-powerful tyrant of Hyrule.
He felt like such a perfect villain, the way he managed to take everything over, leave a path of all the terrible things he's done as you travel around Hyrule trying to fix the terrible things he's done, (he fed a race of friendly rock people to a Dragon just to let everyone else know "Hey, this is why you don't want to fuck with me.") his Tower was downright ghastly and the organ playing on the way up the stairs was just, unf. <3
I straight up feared Ganondorf when I first played OoT as a kid.

By far one of my favorite villains ever to exist. That's probably one reason OoT remains one of my favorite of the series. It can be rivaled in my eyes, but not surpassed, and Ganondorf plays a big part in that status.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 20th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Let's see, OoT Ganon pulled a Kefka......TP Ganon pulled a Necron(For 90% of that game you are led to believe Zant is the last boss and your trying to fix all the shit he did)......WW Ganon was given a character development and pity.

So of the 3 Ganon's in the 3D titles, WW Ganon is my favorite. OoT.....well I never played all the way through FF6 so Kefka is just a nut case clown asshole to me SO he was never that big a impact. Also I should note, while I did play OoT on the N64, I never got far in it and my first Ganon fight was with WW. My gaming prowness was a delayed beast, I played those 90's games but I rarely if ever made that much progress in them before I'd go do something else.

Hell my first Zelda I ever BEAT was the GBA LttP. Not until I had already beaten TP and downloaded the Wiiware of OoT and MM did I actually beat them. So Nostalgia can't effect me with them. Though the OoT Ganon was fuckin awesome but the first human Ganon I ever fought was WW so PROPS TO THAT DUDE.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Crystalbear » December 20th, 2011, 3:03 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:Let's see, OoT Ganon pulled a Kefka......

Power... Wisdom... Courage? Where do they come from? And where are they going? Such wondrous things... I will conquer them all!

In all seriousness, I don't really see the similarities.
Crystalbear

Postby Seven Rain » December 20th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Crystalbear wrote:In all seriousness, I don't really see the similarities.

You will. I don't like spoiling it for you since you just started FFVI but the personalities aren't what I meant by "he pulled a Kefka." Don't read this unless you want a FFVI spoiler, (though much like Aeris' death most people who've yet to play it know about it anyway;)
Spoiler! :
What I mean is the heroes in FFVI don't manage to stop Kefka. He succeeds in his plans and becomes a god in FFVI, tearing the world apart before the party finally gets a rematch and manages to beat him.
Same goes for OoT Ganondorf. Link couldn't stop him from taking over Hyrule as a child and had to come back for Ganondorf years later, after big G had already conquered Hyrule and turned it into a miserable place compared to what it was before the door to the Sacred Realm was opened.

I always have mad respect for villains that are crazy enough to accomplish their goals before the hero can even beat them.
Seven Rain

Postby Crystalbear » December 20th, 2011, 3:42 pm

I've already spoiled myself with FFVI long before I even began playing.

I have noticed THOSE similarities, but they don't seem to be that strong enough for me to think that Ganondorf pulled a Kefka.
Crystalbear

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 20th, 2011, 3:43 pm

If any villain in Zelda is like Kefka in terms of personality and general batshit insane-ness it's Ghir.

They are god damned insane......also SKYWARD SPOILER
Spoiler! :
He is more like Kefka in terms of like OoT Ganon was. He did finally succeed in doing what he planned anyway. Demise DID get revived like he wanted.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby ApaFox » December 20th, 2011, 9:41 pm

TWW Ganondorf I found out was more fleshed out then the others. He wanted Hyrule back, sure he wanted to rule over it, but he wanted old Hyrule back.

Now looking back, it's kind of a bummer that TP Ganondorf wasn't as... characterized. Sure he was bad-ass, but he was pretty much like OoT Ganondorf

Anyway, going through a second playthrough naw.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby inhuman-comic » December 22nd, 2011, 6:48 am

ApaFox wrote:TWW Ganondorf I found out was more fleshed out then the others. He wanted Hyrule back, sure he wanted to rule over it, but he wanted old Hyrule back.

yeah but his battle was lame as lame gets. it took like two seconds. i remember thinking "really? that's it?"

TP ganondorf's battle was way more fun. i'm looking forward to the end of SS, to see how it matches up.
i also made a short comic about zombies.
inhuman-comic

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 22nd, 2011, 12:16 pm

inhuman-comic wrote:
ApaFox wrote:TWW Ganondorf I found out was more fleshed out then the others. He wanted Hyrule back, sure he wanted to rule over it, but he wanted old Hyrule back.

yeah but his battle was lame as lame gets. it took like two seconds. i remember thinking "really? that's it?"

TP ganondorf's battle was way more fun. i'm looking forward to the end of SS, to see how it matches up.

Now now....WW Ganon had a fun as shit boss fight. Just cuz it was 1 round doesn't mean it was lame. This and what you said is mere opinion regardless.

TP Ganon had the most parts to it but all in all was easier and the one on one duel was kinda bleh.

Now SS's final boss......that fucker......I'm gonna be swearing at the screen fighting that guy in hero mode. He is fun but he cheats like mother fucker.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Captain Ghost » December 22nd, 2011, 1:52 pm

Maaaan I wanna play some WW ;-; will have to look harder, I guess...

As for that book/timeline thing, apparently it's out now.

http://kotaku.com/5869993/this-might-ac ... a-timeline
just one of many links, wasn't sure which one to take (rather which might be more 'credible' as I don't frequent VG sites too often) but they all say roughly the same thing, so... -shrug-
Same as their disclaimer, as I cannot read japanese myself I have noooo idea if the thing was translated properly or not.

Either way though, I am not terribly fussed - I never was much of a timeline theorist ^^ ;

But for you guys that are/were--
thoughts?
Captain Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » December 22nd, 2011, 2:01 pm

Captain Ghost wrote:http://kotaku.com/5869993/this-might-actually-be-the-official-zelda-timeline

Wait, hold up... OoT splits off three times...? How the-
Also it's kinda weird seeing Zelda II being the latest in the timeline, haha.

One other thing that seems odd is shouldn't Four Swords Adventures come after the original Four Swords or something? I didn't really play it much or remember much about it, like at all, but it seems odd for it to come after TP.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 22nd, 2011, 2:04 pm

Wait......If Link Failed? So that was a possibility?
I just assumed Link always succeeded thus not creating that crazy ass 3 way split.

I'm ok with this line though I am still confused as to where exactly that Link to the Past split would occur during OoT.
RyoSoulreaper

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games