Zelda General

Re: Zelda General

Postby Seven Rain » December 22nd, 2011, 2:06 pm

Iunno, stuff like that is why I don't do any theorizing. The series just lacks too many details to put things together without some degree of guesswork, so I'll just do what I've been doing and wait for Nintendo to outright give us the timeline, not a possible timeline that had to be translated to boot.
Seven Rain

Postby Captain Ghost » December 22nd, 2011, 2:06 pm

Seven Rain wrote:One other thing that seems odd is shouldn't Four Swords Adventures come after the original Four Swords or something? I didn't really play it much or remember much about it, like at all, but it seems odd for it to come after TP.

That's what I heard from somewhere too, though I've not played nor looked into FSA much so... I don't know...

so I'll just do what I've been doing and wait for Nintendo to outright give us the timeline

That seems sound enough haha.
I just thought I'd throw the link/update out for any interested... juuuust in case :3
Captain Ghost

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 22nd, 2011, 2:21 pm

Captain Ghost wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:One other thing that seems odd is shouldn't Four Swords Adventures come after the original Four Swords or something? I didn't really play it much or remember much about it, like at all, but it seems odd for it to come after TP.

That's what I heard from somewhere too, though I've not played nor looked into FSA much so... I don't know...

I use the manga for those and from what I can gather 4S and FSA can be separate like that. FSA shows almost no link to any of the other zelda's so in a sense it can be placed basically anywhere.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Crystalbear » December 22nd, 2011, 5:03 pm

The manga is in no way canon to the games.

The games have their own canonity. The manga has their own canonity. Let's not match them up together...
Crystalbear

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 22nd, 2011, 5:10 pm

Crystalbear wrote:The manga is in no way canon to the games.

The games have their own canonity. The manga has their own canonity. Let's not match them up together...

The manga are written to the games story.

Else they wouldn't have the subtitles of the games.

The manga can count as canon. Though I'm not silly enough to say that without playing the game too which I did. It's not really much on the plot either. The only thing I find even remotely similar that could throw it some where concrete is the maidens. They may be linked to the ones in LttP. but the number could place it where it is in that link. Considering the Water Sage got off'd.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Afrohawkman » December 22nd, 2011, 6:31 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:

Have you read the manga? Most of them are pretty close but there's quite a few where they don't match up and split off.

Probably going to stay away from that Timeline until I actually finish SS. I don't know what's taking me so long, I just haven't been in the mood. Better finish before I get Skyrim on Sunday...

Also I've been playing a ton of Minish Cap. God I love this game. There's so much to do. Kinstones are probably one of my favorite mechanics ever, they do so much and get marked on your map for later use. The only thing I hate is when you fuse Kinstones and go to the mark and get another Kinstone. It's kind of a waste, but oh well. Feelin' pretty good though. Been finding some hidden Sword Masters to teach me stuff, got the Magic Boomerang (it's not that great) and once I finish the Water Temple I can head off to go to another sword master and get myself another sword move. Can't wait to get the first 7 so I can get the last one, the Hurricane Spin! :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » December 22nd, 2011, 6:35 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Have you read the manga? Most of them are pretty close but there's quite a few where they don't match up and split off.

Yeah, like the scenes with Sheik and Link close to the end of the OoT manga, even though Sheik never spent any prolonged time with Link in OoT.
Although I'm still convinced that Sheik had a dude's body in the game just like the manga. Just that Zelda was in control and not asleep like she was in the manga.
Seven Rain

Postby Crystalbear » December 23rd, 2011, 12:43 am

RyoSoulreaper wrote:

The manga can count as canon. Though I'm not silly enough to say that without playing the game too which I did. It's not really much on the plot either. The only thing I find even remotely similar that could throw it some where concrete is the maidens. They may be linked to the ones in LttP. but the number could place it where it is in that link. Considering the Water Sage got off'd.

To those wondering, yes I have read the manga.

And no, the manga are not in the same canonity as the games. The two are completely different mediums and should not be compared to each other. The manga is merely based on the games, a comic adaption if you will, and make their own twists and changes to make the story seem "fresh".
Crystalbear

Postby ApaFox » December 23rd, 2011, 4:25 pm

Now that I've got The Windwaker under my belt, it's time to finish a battle I started a while further.

I shan't rest till The Adventure of Link is defeated!

Just beaten the wizard! Feels good man.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » December 24th, 2011, 9:05 pm

While still not 100% official, here's a better/more detailed timeline translation:
Spoiler! :
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 24th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Seven Rain wrote:While still not 100% official, here's a better/more detailed timeline translation:
Spoiler! :

I actually support this theory. Makes sense. Makes me wish they would expand on the child Line more.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby ApaFox » December 24th, 2011, 9:48 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:While still not 100% official, here's a better/more detailed timeline translation:
Spoiler! :

I actually support this theory. Makes sense. Makes me wish they would expand on the child Line more.

TIME TRAVEL, Y U SO COMPLICATED!?

I'm halfway through The Adventure of Link now.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 24th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Ah yes, I've been on the original Zelda a lot lately.

I'm near the end. I CAN FEEL IT.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » December 24th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Apparently the site that was hosting that new timeline deleted it for a swanky new one. This one's huge though, so I'll just link to it.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » December 25th, 2011, 2:01 am

-Slams wiimote to the ground- TAKE THAT BARBA!! YOU AND YOUR STUPID PITS OF FIRE!!!
The Deviantart Image
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games