Zelda General

Re: Zelda General

Postby RyoSoulreaper » June 28th, 2012, 8:35 am

TerminalMontage wrote:Thought I'd share this, an excellent read on why Majora is Nintendo's greatest villain. I didn't think I could love my most favorite Zelda game even more than I already did.

http://i.imgur.com/J2IuP.jpg

It's big so here's the link.

Should raise back from hell to wreak havoc on the Zelda universe.

Even if Ghir/Demise are my Favorite Zelda Villains, Majora needs more credit for being a BAMF.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Jillybean » July 5th, 2012, 7:30 pm

So I was right in the middle of Lanayru Mining Facility in Skyward Sword and my power decided to go out. Lost all progress. Wanted to cry. Resisted crying if just barely. ;_;

Yes. I'm slow getting through games. I've had this thing since Christmas. XD

In other news I do find the place oddly unique. The technologically advanced feel is different than what I'm used to in Zelda. Not certain if I'm liking it or not but it is pretty snazzy! O:
Jillybean

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 9th, 2012, 12:36 am

Iwant to bring up this post I have on my tumblr.

I didn't write it but it sums up what makes MM a really good game.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Afrohawkman » July 18th, 2012, 12:11 pm

This thread doesn't really need revival but I'd like to say I beat Skyward Sword the other day. As far as the final boss in concerned, it was incredibly fun, but here's what happened:
Spoiler! :
SHIELD BASH
SHIELD BASH
SHIELD BASH
LUCKY SIDE SLASH
SHIELD BASH
SHIELD BASH
SHIELD BASH
FUCK MISSED ELECTRIC BLOCK TO 3 HEART HIT
SHIELD BASH
SHIELD BASH
SHIELD BASH
FUCK MISS AGAIN
SHIELD BASH
BACK FLIP
RUN BACK
DRINK HEART POTION ++
WAIT FOR APPROACH
SHIELD BASH
SHIELD BASH
SHIELD BASH
LUCKY SIDE HIT

I think you can see where this is going. Thank Nayru for the Hylian Shield, that thing saved me from many many failed shield bashes.

Don't get me wrong it was incredibly intense though, and I adored the ending. Just...that boss. You sir are quite hard.

Also is it me or
Spoiler! :
does Ghirahim get easier and easier as you go on? I mean I hated fighting him the first time I played, he kicked my ass at least 5 times. Then the second fight I almost lost but I beat him my first try, and the last time you fight him he's a major cakewalk, barely even took damage. I mean the first boss would've been easier if I had known about shield bashing during battles but before I was struggling like crazy. Getting to the end I was almost sad he was so easy.

Except not because I was so happy his ass was dead. Loved his character, but dreaded his fights. When I knew I had to fight him to get the Hylian Shield I dreaded having to fight him. I was lucky enough I only needed to fight Demise twice as well, I BARELY beat him on the second fight. I think if he had gotten up and taken one more step I would've lost right there. It was insanely lucky.
Afrohawkman

Postby Captain Ghost » September 4th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Some potential news for the Wii-U Zelda...

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zeld ... ming-2014/

... Am pretty flippin excited.

(and hey, maybe I'll be not-broke and have a wii-u by then. maybe.)

edit;; also forgot. in case anyone hasn't heard (though I guess it's pretty old news...)

.. hyrule historia is getting an english translation. Awww yeah!
(coming out around my birthday. Am terribly excited for that, too, haha!
Captain Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » September 4th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Captain Ghost wrote:http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/

Oh god please let this be legit, that sounds too good to be true.

Seriously, not only would that wait be worth it, but it'd be downright fantastic news. Planned lengthy development time = Big, quality games.
Last edited by Seven Rain on September 4th, 2012, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » September 4th, 2012, 8:29 pm

I still don't understand the want for a "dark" Zelda like in Twilight Princess... sure, it was "mature", but I like a little light-heartedness in my Zelda.
Seven Rain wrote:
Captain Ghost wrote:http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/

Oh god please let this be legit, that sounds too good to be true.

Gah, ninja'd! Probably is...
Spoiler! :
InB4 hush you!

Anyway, interesting news. It still sounds like a rumor, but it's interesting. I wouldn't mind it looking like Skyward Sword, but with Nintendo, you never know. The tech-demo for Gamecube had OOT, we got Windwaker. Wonder what to story would revolve around now that the timeline is now out and the open.

Also, I want that book, too....
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » September 4th, 2012, 8:33 pm

ApaFox wrote:Gah, ninja'd!

You ninja'd my edit, so we're even, haha.

And assuming it's real, I wonder to what extent Nintendo considers TP and SS artstyles to defer? Because the artstyle of the tech demo was gawjuss, and struck a great balance between TP and SS styles. I'd enjoy seeing something similar to that.
Spoiler! :
And I know it'd never happen, but I don't care what artstyle they use if they gave us another sho... Young Link. <3
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » September 4th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Spoiler! :
And I know it'd never happen, but I don't care what artstyle they use if they gave us another sho... Young Link. <3

Spoiler! :
Oh, you just want a Young Link for shipping.Motoboat Cremia FTW

Spoiler! :
-sigh- Me too.... Windwaker Link is one of my favorite Link's.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby RyoSoulreaper » September 6th, 2012, 12:01 am

Ok Too lazy to quote so I'll address the parts that I feel like:

I miss the Light-heatedness of Zelda too. I think Skyward Sword tried to get back to that a little. Yeah it was "dark and edgey" too but I felt a sense of whimsicalness in it.

Characters were wonderfully silly, creatures where down right cute, and it wasn't an end of the world type world. It was an untouched new one.

Also Young Link is best Link. Fuck the adult like adolescent with a boner for his sword. I want more child hero!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » February 21st, 2013, 10:06 am

OH SHIT NINTENDO BRING THIS STATESIDE.

*EDIT*
Apparently it was confirmed for a future release outside of Japan via an official Miiverse comment.
<3
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » April 18th, 2013, 10:04 pm

I feel this thread is totally worth bumping after the last Nintendo Direct. Should've done so sooner, but yeah, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages coming to the 3DS eShop and a sequel to LttP is in the making~
EVERYONE GET HYPE.

Afrohawkman wrote:More Gameplay footage for LTTP2!

Good to see a video with the bottom screen in the view and someone who can actually play is great. Plus the music sounds pretty good. :D

My body is so damn ready. That music and atmosphere... Ohhh man, it's seriously so perfectly LttP universe. I know I've gushed about this a bit already but man... That dim atmosphere, that eerie music, (and wonderfully deadly-sounding boss music,) that young Link, even the sound effects are gloriously nostalgia-ridden and straight out of LttP. I love Nintendo for being such gods of combining old and new. I can feel nostalgic while still enjoying a new experience. I don't even care about the drawing gimmick anymore, I just can't wait for this game. I hope Nintendo packs plenty of content and side stuff to do into it, the more I see of this game the more I feel that it'll skyrocket into my list of favorite Zelda games.
Spoiler! :
And it's cool seeing Moldorm again, even though they made him easier to beat, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby robybang » April 19th, 2013, 1:32 am

I saw this on Escher Girls and thought it was kind of a dumb idea. I honestly think it's a good idea to have more games with a female lead, but doing what looks like a gender-swapped Link seems kind of a wasted opportunity. Why not play as Zelda from SSBB, where she can swap between Princess Zelda and Sheik. You could do a sort of a stealth/action platformer game where both have different attributes that aid in accomplishing goals, like Zelda can use magic to clear large groups of enemies and float to reach certain areas, and Sheik could do stealth and more targeted attacks. As for story, it would be kind of clever to set it as going on in one of the other previous game continuities with Zelda doing things in the background that play into the main story that Link is unaware of.
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby Seven Rain » April 19th, 2013, 2:09 am

Roby, stop it, stop making me imagine a wonderful game that'll never happen.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 19th, 2013, 9:29 am

robybang wrote:I saw this on Escher Girls and thought it was kind of a dumb idea. I honestly think it's a good idea to have more games with a female lead, but doing what looks like a gender-swapped Link seems kind of a wasted opportunity. Why not play as Zelda from SSBB, where she can swap between Princess Zelda and Sheik. You could do a sort of a stealth/action platformer game where both have different attributes that aid in accomplishing goals, like Zelda can use magic to clear large groups of enemies and float to reach certain areas, and Sheik could do stealth and more targeted attacks. As for story, it would be kind of clever to set it as going on in one of the other previous game continuities with Zelda doing things in the background that play into the main story that Link is unaware of.

Oh man, I've seen and talked about this before.

I pretty much agree. I feel like just slapping a Link costume on Zelda and giving her some powers is kind of lame honestly. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea, but I'd much rather see this kind of idea given to another character entirely completely separate from the Zelda series. Not because it shakes up the Zelda series so much but because this is such a cool idea that I'd rather see this being made its own series that gets more games than see it get maybe one game and be considered "one of those spin-off games". It has much more potential as a separate game in my opinion just because the idea is so unique.

That said, if there were to be a game starring Zelda, why not just keep with her current design? She can still be a kick ass battle princess in a dress or going around with Shiek. She's already really powerful; changing up her outfit might make her more versatile but it should be something more unique, not just a Link costume pallete swap. Yeah I know, it's the traditional hero's clothing but still. If you're going to go through the trouble of making an entire game situated around Zelda, why not give her her own outfit specially designed for her? It would further distinguish the game and it would be completely acceptable to change up the Hero's clothing.
Afrohawkman

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games