Zelda General

Re: Zelda General

Postby JoKeR » January 30th, 2014, 6:52 am

ShamanRyo wrote:LOUD NOISES

yup ...that's loud.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Seven Rain » January 30th, 2014, 11:58 am

ShamanRyo wrote:LOUD NOISES

Niiice.
Seven Rain

Postby Jillybean » February 11th, 2014, 8:46 am

Finished A Link Between Worlds in two days while I was sick. Entirely. All heart pieces, all side quests. I love Zelda, but when I got to the end I was kind of startled and all like... that's it? Apparently so. I think the problem was that I was expecting harder dungeons for some reason. I just breezed through those like a hot knife through butter. Really unusual for me since I'll readily admit I'm nowhere near the best gamer in the world. I struggle sometimes. This wasn't even a challenge. :cry: I love Zelda games, I did love the game in general, but it didn't feel like I was being challenged at all. Even won the last battle first try. Odd for me, but especially when I'm ill and my reaction time isn't quite good. Though for the record, I enjoyed the story and found the worlds quite lovely graphics wise for a handheld. It was quirky, fun to look at and the characters were cute.
Jillybean

Postby Seven Rain » February 11th, 2014, 9:30 am

Yeah, some dungeons were tougher than others, but for the most part it felt like making the game so non-linear meant sacrificing some dungeon difficulty. I still loved it all to death though, easily one of my favorite Zelda games.

Hero Mode is worth playing if you want at least a little bit more challenge. Sure it won't make a huge difference by the end of the game, and it won't make the puzzles harder, but it's pretty intense early on, and really makes you think harder about which dungeons you want to tackle first when you get to Lorule.
Seven Rain

Postby Jillybean » February 11th, 2014, 1:21 pm

Yeah. Hero mode did make it a little better when I went through it that way, thought not quite up to the gameplay standard I'm used to from Zelda. Still loved it, no doubt about that, but I feel they could have done a little better with the open world concept to increase difficulty. This is the only Zelda game that I can say I at once enjoyed entirely, but also felt dissatisfied. Such confusing emotions. //cries

But no, it was good overall. Just like I said, a little lacking in the dungeons.
Jillybean

Postby ShamanRyo » February 12th, 2014, 12:32 am

Ok now I know what irked me about ALBW. I essentially sped through the first 6 dungeons I did without really much effort.

THEN I GOT TO THE ICE DUNGEON AND LET ME TELL YOU FUCK THAT PLACE.

It is the only dungeon I ever got to a point where I literally couldn't progress or go back I was actually stuck. The game is magical and awesome but god damn if that dungeon didn't piss me off.
ShamanRyo

Postby Seven Rain » February 12th, 2014, 12:39 am

Ha, I loved that place. I definitely agree it was one of the harder dungeons in the game, and I loved it's sense of... Vastness. Iunno. Just this big, desolate tower hanging over that great icy abyss, and I loved that. It felt like a truly fitting successor for the original Turtle Rock up on Death Mountain.
Seven Rain

Postby Jillybean » February 12th, 2014, 8:48 am

It was gorgeous. That dungeon was drool worthy and I loved it for the general concept of what it was. //pets

Also liked all those little challenges with the incompetent treasure hunters. They were entirely silly and I loved them. :D
Jillybean

Postby Lienx » May 5th, 2014, 9:01 am

Favorite Game: Oh man.. this is tough, I would have to say either Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. With Majora's mask coming in a close second.
Favorite Helper(The ones that pester you): Navi of course..
Favorite Link: Cartoon Link (the cartoon from way back when). Well Excuuuuse ME Princess.
Favorite Girl(Like the one you are gonna save.): Definitely Midna
Favorite Boss: Don't really have one.
Favorite game exclusive item(Lens of truth, Pegasus boots, gale boomerang): Ocarina of Time
Favorite dungeon: Water Temple. lol, kidding.
Favorite music track: Dragon Roost Island's theme.
Favorite Race: the Pirates from Wind Waker!
Favorite Enemy: Dark Link
Lienx

Postby TiuanaRui » May 5th, 2014, 9:08 am

ShamanRyo wrote:Ok now I know what irked me about ALBW. I essentially sped through the first 6 dungeons I did without really much effort.

THEN I GOT TO THE ICE DUNGEON AND LET ME TELL YOU FUCK THAT PLACE.

It is the only dungeon I ever got to a point where I literally couldn't progress or go back I was actually stuck. The game is magical and awesome but god damn if that dungeon didn't piss me off.

Ice dungeon?!

When I got to the Dark Palace, I hauled ass outta there because that shit pissed me off so hard and even with the oil lantern I still can't see shit! :shock:
On hero mode, it's even worse for me.

Even when I beat ALttP, that dark palace is NEVER AGAIN
I know I shouldn't have a problem with the Dark Palace, but man, I hate that dungeon.
TiuanaRui

Postby gsman243 » May 12th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Maybe, the OoT Forest Temple and the TP Forest Temple are the same. First, they obviously have the same name. Next, they're both in the woods. They both have spirits. (Poes in OoT and the Wind Fairy in TP)
Just a random Kingdom Hearts fan.
Image THE BEST VIDEO GAME SERIES EVER MADE
gsman243

Postby gsman243 » May 17th, 2014, 7:58 am

Fav Game: Skyward Sword
Fav Helper: Midna (She's actually USEFUL.)
Fav Link: Skyward Sword
Fav Girl: Irene
Fav Boss: Zant
Fav Game-exclusive item: Gust Bellows, I guess.
Fav Dungeon: IDK
Fav Music Track: Probably ALTTP's Hyrule Castle theme.
Fav Race: Probablyyyyy the Gorons or Zoras.
Fav Enemy: Z-Z-Z-Zant!
Just a random Kingdom Hearts fan.
Image THE BEST VIDEO GAME SERIES EVER MADE
gsman243

Postby Seven Rain » May 22nd, 2014, 6:00 pm

New Hyrule Warriors info, yo.
Looks like they're going the route of an actual entry rather than being non-canon and full of previous characters. Instead we're getting a legit new rendition of Link and Impa.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » May 24th, 2014, 12:22 am

This looks extremely cool. I wasn't really all that interested at first because I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game but now I'm extremely interested. I can't wait to hear more and see the footage that we'll get at E3.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » July 31st, 2014, 1:36 am

Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games