Zelda General

Re: Zelda General

Postby RyoSoulreaper » October 28th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:
Speaking of backwards, Majora's Mask Pony Comic! I know, I know, but I thought more people would get it here than they would in the pony thread.

Aha! That made me chuckle.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Crystalbear » October 31st, 2011, 6:38 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Buying the special edition is a pretty good deal. The Wiimote or Wiimote with the Plus built in itself is about 40 bucks right? The Wiimote Plus extension is about 20 I believe. If the game is 50 bucks, that puts you at 70. However, you get a Wiimote with Plus built in for 70. If you only want the extension it doesn't save you money, but if you wanted one with it built in, it definitely would.

PLUS IT'S GOOOOLDEEEENNN. I'm getting it myself, can't wait!

Late reply but,

The special edition is limited edition. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll miss my chance at getting it.

Also, another thing I wanted to ask, was there ever any talk about a Majora's Mask 3DS? I doubt it, but it would be nice. I have Majora's Mask for the Virtual Console, but the TV I have is HD now, and N64 graphics would look terrible on it.
Crystalbear

Postby Seven Rain » October 31st, 2011, 7:34 pm

Crystalbear wrote:Also, another thing I wanted to ask, was there ever any talk about a Majora's Mask 3DS? I doubt it, but it would be nice. I have Majora's Mask for the Virtual Console, but the TV I have is HD now, and N64 graphics would look terrible on it.

Really? My TV is HD and VC games look fine on it... Though I really doubt Nintendo will skip a MM remake. It's practically a direct sequel to OoT, and I don't remember it myself but I heard some people say they teased a 3D remake of MM at the end of OoT3D.
Sonic-ock wrote:Been a while, made a lot of really great friends here. I love this community and I love you guys, it's been so real...
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 9th, 2011, 3:02 pm

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!

DO IT! FUCKIN DO IT MAN! I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » November 9th, 2011, 3:07 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!

DO IT! FUCKIN DO IT MAN! I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

Miyamoto mentioned wanting to do this some time ago, and I'd love to see it happen, but MM needs to come first. They can't leave people hanging after OoT3D. D:
Sonic-ock wrote:Been a while, made a lot of really great friends here. I love this community and I love you guys, it's been so real...
Seven Rain

Postby Crystalbear » November 9th, 2011, 4:54 pm

I loved A Link to the Past, and have even been replaying it recently, but I have to say that I am a bit weary of the idea on making the worlds 3D... There was a certain charm to ALttP being in 2D. Now unless they take the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks camera angle on it, where everything is still seen from a bird's eye view instead of behind Link's back, then maybe that might be better. But I kinda doubt that they would intend for that kind of camera angle.

And besides, everyone knows that OoT is the 3D ALttP anyway. :P Others could say that TP is the better example.

And agreeing with Seven Rain here. Give us MM 3DS first.
Crystalbear

Postby Seven Rain » November 9th, 2011, 8:01 pm

Crystalbear wrote:And besides, everyone knows that OoT is the 3D ALttP anyway. :P Others could say that TP is the better example.

Honestly I've always thought MM was the closest thing to a 3D LttP, but all that aside I'd rather see a full-on 3D remake than a remake that retains the bird's eye view. As you said part of the charm is the 2D feel, so if I want the same old camera and gameplay I'd play the original. I'd rather see a remake be as different as possible from LttP.
A full 3D remake would be more interesting to see to me, and knowing Nintendo the quality of the remake would be non-issue. They'd do a great job, though it's just wishful thinking.
Seven Rain

Postby Crystalbear » November 9th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Crystalbear wrote:And besides, everyone knows that OoT is the 3D ALttP anyway. :P Others could say that TP is the better example.

Honestly I've always thought MM was the closest thing to a 3D LttP, but all that aside I'd rather see a full-on 3D remake than a remake that retains the bird's eye view. As you said part of the charm is the 2D feel, so if I want the same old camera and gameplay I'd play the original. I'd rather see a remake be as different as possible from LttP.
A full 3D remake would be more interesting to see to me, and knowing Nintendo the quality of the remake would be non-issue. They'd do a great job, though it's just wishful thinking.

How exactly is/was MM the closest thing to being a 3D ALttP? In OoT, you had to find three stones in green, red and blue to get the Master Sword, and then you have to rescue the successors to the seven sages. That's exactly like in ALttP, the pendants were green, red and blue, were needed to get the Master Sword, and then you rescue the maidens who were the successors to the original sages. Not to mention that much of the land was geologically similar and you fight Ganon in the end in both titles.

TP was similar because the twilight world was very much similar to the Dark World. Link transforms into a wolf upon entering it, like how he initially turned into a pink rabbit in the Dark World. Mirrors were also a way of entering both. And of course, Ganondorf using Zant much like how Ganon used Ahgahim.

I just don't see how MM is a '3D ALttP" at all.
Crystalbear

Postby Seven Rain » November 9th, 2011, 8:56 pm

It felt more like it to me I guess. *Shrug*
The music, the young Link on an adventure instead of spending most of the game as an adult, the darker setting and style, what can I say? It doesn't have to match the story layout to feel more like it to me, so uhh... Sorry, I guess.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 9th, 2011, 9:18 pm

I don't give a shit which is first. I would play the living hell out of both. ALttP was my fist Zelda I ever finished and MM was probably one of my personal childhood favorites.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Crystalbear » November 9th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Seven Rain wrote:It felt more like it to me I guess. *Shrug*
The music, the young Link on an adventure instead of spending most of the game as an adult, the darker setting and style, what can I say? It doesn't have to match the story layout to feel more like it to me, so uhh... Sorry, I guess.

Ah, well I can see where you're coming from. Except I'm pretty sure that ALttP's Link was more like a teenager in that, judging by official artwork. But whatever, it doesn't matter.

Majora's Mask was another favorite title of mine, as with the Oracle series too. Link's Awakening is my absolute favorite Zelda title though, such an underrated title too...
Crystalbear

Postby Ultima527 » November 10th, 2011, 12:12 am

Favorite Game
Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening right next to it

Favorite Helper
Midna. By far. Navi ain't go nothing on her!

Favorite Link
Don't really care. Adult link, I guess.

Favorite Girl
Din, from Oracle of seasons. I like Zelda better, yes, as an overall character, but picking her would be generic...

Favorite Boss
Stalfos (am I spelling it right?), from Twilight Princess. A giant skeleton bull thing was cool enough, but riding around the tower like that? AWESOME!

Favorite game exclusive item
Definitely Pegasus Boots.

Favorite dungeon
I honestly can't decide. The only one I DIDN'T like was the City in the Sky, from Twilight Princess. You were, like, outside the whole time. It was so anti-climactic.

Favorite music track
Saria's song.

On that note, I'm pretty psyched about Skyward Sword! I want it for Christmas!
Ultima527

Postby Seven Rain » November 10th, 2011, 7:30 am

Ultima527 wrote:The only one I DIDN'T like was the City in the Sky, from Twilight Princess. You were, like, outside the whole time. It was so anti-climactic.

Wh... What...?
I loved that dungeon. D:
Especially the boss fight.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 10th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Ultima527 wrote:The only one I DIDN'T like was the City in the Sky, from Twilight Princess. You were, like, outside the whole time. It was so anti-climactic.

Wh... What...?
I loved that dungeon. D:
Especially the boss fight.

In his defense, that dungeon was very tedious until you got the 2nd clawshot. The boss was glorious though. YOU FOUGHT A FREAKIN DRAGON!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Crystalbear » November 10th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Since Ultima did it, I may as well too, with extras.

Favorite Game
Link's Awakening, hands down. The Oracle series are a close second.

Favorite Helper
Midna too.

Favorite Link
Kinda mixed between ALttP/LA Link and WW/Toon Link.

Favorite Girl
Aryll from The Wind Waker. I just really liked her character. Imp Midna is another favorite...

Favorite Boss
Never really thought about this, but I've always liked Dodongo from Oracle of Seasons and Helmasaur King from ALttP. Volvagia and Helmaroc King are pretty good too.

Favorite game exclusive item
Hookshot for the win, especially the ones from ALttP and LA.

Favorite dungeon
Another hard one... The Earth Temple from TWW is the first to come to mind though.

Favorite music track
I have too many favorites.

Favorite race
Gorons. Gorons! GORONS! The Rito are a close second.

Favorite enemy
ALttP/LA/Oracle Buzz Blobs. Especially when you sprinkle Magic Powder on them.
Crystalbear

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games