Still Wind Waker but Lookin at Skyward this may change

Favorite Helper
Still Navi. FOREVER Navi

Favorite Link
Skyward Link

Favorite Girl
Still Marin

Favorite Boss
Gananodorf in TP. HAD FREAKIN EVERYTHING! Oh I also enjoyed giving Twinrovia and Majora ass kickings

Favorite Game Exclusive Item
Bombchus but I also liked the Ocarina and Wind Waker.

Favorite Dungeon
Forest Temple in OoT, tower of the Gods in WW, Hyrule Castle in TP, and The last dungeon in ALttP

Favorite Music
Serenade of Water and Boss victory

Favorite Race
The Kokiri Kids!

Favorite Enemy
Moblins in WW.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Re: Zelda General

Postby Crystalbear » November 10th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Wait a minute, I just realized that game exclusive weapon meant game exclusive weapon. <_<

Okay, then I'll say that my favorite is probably the Gust Jar from The Minish Cap. I would have said Mole Mitts, but apparently there is a kind of mole mitt in Skyward Sword as well.

But the Hookshot, especially from ALttP/LA is still my absolute favorite weapon.
Crystalbear

Postby Afrohawkman » November 11th, 2011, 7:42 am

Reviews for Skyward Sword are flying in everywhere. I expected amazing scores as usual but I can't wait to see even more! THIS GAME IS COMING OUT SO SOON GUYS!
Afrohawkman

Postby Crystalbear » November 11th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Nine more days until the moon crashes I mean, until Link falls from the sky!
Crystalbear

Postby Mata Nui » November 12th, 2011, 11:30 am

IGN gave Skyward Sword a 10/10... :shock:
Mata Nui

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 13th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Yeah, Skyward Sword is all payed off! I am ready for this!!!
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Crystalbear » November 14th, 2011, 11:11 pm

You know, I'm excited for Skyward Sword as much as the next guy, but I can't help but feel that fan expectations are going to ruin it.

I'm thinking back when Twilight Princess was released. Everyone was super hyping for it and was getting their hopes a little too high, and now it's one of those titles that is STILL being criticized to this day. Like sure Twilight Princess got some nearly perfect reviews too, but that didn't prevent hordes of fans from literally bashing it. And believe me, I've been in Zelda fandom communities before.

It seems that over-hype is to blame. Too many people got their hopes too high for Twilight Princess and became sorely disappointed by it. One of the most common complaints I've seen was how easy the game was, or how too similar it was to Ocarina of Time. Which by the way, people had been asking for a "game like OoT" before, make up your damn minds people. I personally loved Twilight Princess, because I never did hyped for it, I didn't even get the game until sometime later. Or it could be just because I'm not that judgmental over games.

What I'm saying is, hype kills things. I'm sure some of you are hyping for Skyward Sword, but maybe you should lower your expectations so that the game can be enjoyed more...
Crystalbear

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 14th, 2011, 11:26 pm

For me personally I never am disappoint with hype. That's just me. I will openly admit I do bash on TP but not because of the dumb fuck reasoning behind most arguments(The OoT thing.) But because I simply found the game boring. I liked the concept and Midna but when it came to the core, the dungeons, they were kinda blah. The graphics, the story, wolf link, all that was so well done but as far as the dungeons went I was unamused by anything they had to offer. I didn't hype for that because I was actually more preoccupied with WW but when I did hype myself for it I wasn't disappointed in it. I was just bored.

Skyward Sword looks like it has gone and added back classic weapons, gave a new story, and I absolutely LOVE the new Link so I am hyped and probably won't be disappointed.

This could also be due to the fact I'm not a picky asshole and play the games to have funs not for the feel of completion and what not.

EDIT: NOW I DID NOT SAY JACKSHIT ABOUT BOSSES. The bosses were probably the redeeming quality that kept me motivated to get through those hell hole dungeons.*grumblegrumbleCity in the fucking Skygrumblegrumble* The bosses where god damn cool.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Crystalbear » November 14th, 2011, 11:46 pm

Well, I will admit that I kinda wished that some of the special weapons would have more use in TP. But that's mostly it for me.

But eh, I find that some weapons just never get used a lot regardless of what game I'm playing.
Crystalbear

Postby MacSimon » November 15th, 2011, 6:12 am

I like Zelda games, and SS looks...beautiful...but the only console i have is a Gameboy Advance...

Hope you like the new Zelda though. : )
MacSimon

Postby Bowserknight » November 18th, 2011, 2:35 pm

So um, Skyward Sword is already out here.
I am 3 hours in and am about to enter the first dungeon. It's awesome.
I noticed that you can sneak up on the Moblins, too. If you do a vertical spin attack, and a fatal blow, you can fight them without giving them a chance to block! I can't think of how to end this post because I've already said it's awesome.
Bowserknight

Postby Ultima527 » November 18th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Twilight Princess was the first 3D console Zelda game I played, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. Personally, I do think it was better than Ocarina of time, but I completely understand people who like OoT better due to nostalgia.
But that's just it; some people will bash each and every new Zelda game that comes out on the grounds that they aren't Oot, and on those grounds alone. That's just my take on it, anyway. I have nothing against Oot, it's just not my favorite is all.

Skyward Sword sounds pretty dang awesome (I'm probably getting it for Christmas, so even if it's out, I'm not playing it just yet).
I'm hearing some pretty good things about the story, and given the gameplay footage I've seen, it looks like it's got interesting items, dungeons, and bosses! And the sword fights; I'm definitely looking forward to that! I'm gonna stay optimistic.

I actually forgot about the double hook shot in City in the Sky; that was one of my favorite items! And yeah, the boss actually was pretty epic...I just figured since I couldn't come up with a favorite dungeon, maybe coming up with a LEAST favorite would be a good substitute.
So, if it's alright if I answer the new questions;

Favorite Race
Zoras. Gorons come in second.

Favorite Enemies
Stalchilds. Those things freaked me out! I'll admit, that's definitely something Oot has over TP; the zombie apocalypse happens every night!
Ultima527

Postby ApaFox » November 18th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Ultima527 wrote:But that's just it; some people will bash each and every new Zelda game that comes out on the grounds that they aren't Oot, and on those grounds alone. That's just my take on it, anyway. I have nothing against Oot, it's just not my favorite is all.

NOOOO! OoT is da best EVAR!!! You must conform. YOU MUST CONFORM!!!

Bah ha ha ha, I'm just kiddin'. You're alright, kid.

The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » November 18th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Ultima527 wrote:Personally, I do think it was better than Ocarina of time, but I completely understand people who like OoT better due to nostalgia.

This might be the victim of poor phrasing but please don't act like nostalgia is the only reason anyone would like OoT more. I loved TP, but there are a lot of reasons I prefer the N64 games, not just nostalgia, even though I won't deny that it still plays a large role in my love for certain games. It's just not the only reason.

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but your words just sorta came off as "Only people that grew up with OoT would like it more than the newer game."
Just remember there's a difference between calling something better and preferring it. (You seem to have a grasp of this though, so forgive me if I sound condescending. You could've worded it better is all.) There's no better game between the two, (unless you want to get into a big dull objective quality debate, which I'd rather not see or have any part of,) just people who favor one over the other.
*Flies away in douchy white knight helicopter*
Seven Rain

Postby trenton_dawn » November 18th, 2011, 3:57 pm

Well, I would actually argue that OoT is objectively a better game than Twilight Princess, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with liking Twilight Princess more. I think OoT is a better game than Wind Waker but I like Wind Waker quite a bit more. I'm not going to go into detail about my basis for thinking Ocarina is better but if you want to know, feel free to ask.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games