Zelda General

Zelda General

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 24th, 2011, 11:00 pm

It was gonna happen.

Discuss your Zelda Woes and such.

Obligatory Questionnaire:

Favorite Game
Favorite Helper(The ones that pester you)
Favorite Link
Favorite Girl(Like the one you are gonna save.)
Favorite Boss
Favorite game exclusive item(Lens of truth, Pegasus boots, gale boomerang)
Favorite dungeon
Favorite music track
Favorite Race
Favorite Enemy

Now for me, Wind Waker is my favorite. It's was just so well done. My favorite helper will forever be Navi. I don't care. She wasn't annoying with me. I liked Toon Link the most but I'm willing to bet I'll love Skyward Link. As for girls, I liked Marin. She was pretty awesome. Best boss for me, Gannondorf of Twilight Princess. That battle had EVERYTHING!

Now discuss!
Last edited by RyoSoulreaper on November 10th, 2011, 3:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Re: Zelda General

Postby Palutena » July 24th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Favorite Game: Ocarina of Time. Never gets boring~
Although Spirit Tracks is pretty awesome too.

Favorite Helper(The ones that pester you): I would have said Navi, but ever since Spirit Tracks came out, Zelda's my new favorite. Though Navi comes second.

Favorite Link: Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/ Spirit Tracks Links are my favorites. He just looks so cute~

Favorite Girl(Like the one you are gonna save.): Still going with Zelda.

Favorite Boss: Ganondorf of course~ Really any Ganon is awesome to battle.
Nintendork for life.
Palutena

Postby ApaFox » July 24th, 2011, 11:08 pm

More questions huh... challenge accepted, dood. -cracks knuckles-

Favorite Game
A Link to the Past. My first love,dood.

The old guys in the cave, you hit them by "accident" and they start trying to kill you.

Favorite Link
Windwaker Link, so adorable, dood.

Malon, dood.

Favorite Boss
That flying thing in the last temple of Twilight Princess, dood.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby MacSimon » July 24th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Favorite Game: OoT, it was quite long and good. Then Minish Cap, that game was fun to play on the GBA.

Favorite Helper(The ones that pester you): Ezlo. Navi is great, really, but Ezlo was a talking. Hat. : D

Favorite Link: Adult OoT. I know mostp people prefer the young version, but when you grew up, and everything was harder, it was like some sort of way of saying, Link had phisically grew, but not psycologically. He'll have to man up to survive in this colder world.

Favorite Girl(Like the one you are gonna save.): Malon, i guess? Zelda's always there, but in the games, usually Link doesn't really...Talk a lot to her? I mean, you talk once or twice, then she's kidnapped, then nothing until the end of the game. She doesn't really help you out more than some NPCs in the game. :/0

Favorite Boss: Final Ganon was great, but...Dark Link in OoT. The whole battle was nicely done. The lake, the tree, the words that Navi said if you asked for some advice.
MacSimon

Postby FlamingDbag » July 24th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Favorite Game: Probably Wind Waker (I am a dumbass for not owning it)
Favorite Helper: The ones that don't tell me to go to the direction I'm already running to...
Favorite Link: Toon Link then TP Link
Favorite Girl: I... don't think I really care
Favorite Boss: I haven't finished a Zelda yet. (raises shield)
FlamingDbag

Postby ApaFox » July 24th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Are we allowed to add more questions, dood?

Like favorite game exclusive item(Lens of truth, Pegasus boots, gale boomerang)?
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 24th, 2011, 11:33 pm

ApaFox wrote:Are we allowed to add more questions, dood?

Like favorite game exclusive item(Lens of truth, Pegasus boots, gale boomerang)?

Yes. I just copied this from my youtube anyway.

I'll add that question actually.....

Mines the Bombchu. So cool yet so useless. I still use them. A lot.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby ApaFox » July 24th, 2011, 11:37 pm

Then the boots for me then, dood.

I love racing the boomerang to the other side of the screen.
The Deviantart Image
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Afrohawkman » July 25th, 2011, 10:53 am

ApaFox wrote:Then the boots for me then, dood.

I love racing the boomerang to the other side of the screen.

Hahaha I'm not the only one that does this! XD

Favorite Game: Four Swords Adventures, actually. Though I love the solo adventures, nothing beats killing foes with your friends. x3

Favorite Helper: Midna by far. Sassy, interesting, has her own backstory and she's less of a nag than the rest of the cast. She made Twilight Princess for me.

Favorite Link: Lttp Link because of all of the weapons he had.

Favorite Girl: Malon and Saria would be close seconds because of Malon's singing and Saria's kindness, but the Zelda that takes the cake is Spirit Tracks Zelda. She's like the first Zelda to not only be considered the helper of that game but her personality was hilarious and the fact that she actually helped out in dungeons was awesome. She's not considered a helper though to me because you still had to save her. Kind of. Putting it in a spoiler in case anyone hasn't played it:
Spoiler! :
You had to save her body because some evil dude (I don't remember the name) stole it from her. She was following you around so she could help you get it back but she couldn't do much on her own.

Favorite Boss: It WAS Dark Link from OoT until about a minute ago when I somehow managed to beat him in my 3 heart, no shield run without even getting touched. Like I just swung. Didn't really target him at all just...swung. I was demoralized, he went down in 3 hits.

Now it would probably be Ganondorf from Wind Waker because he was one legitimate threat, and the way you beat him is really cool. Ganondorf from Twilight Princess makes a close second.

Favorite Game Exclusive Item: The Double Clawshots from Twilight Princess. Almost every game has had a weapon that allows you to grapple to things but the Double Clawshots were probably the most fun in my opinion. Made me feel like Spiderman :3

Anyone here doing any challenge runs of Zelda games? I'm currently doing a 3 Heart, No Shield and No Biggorn's Sword run of Ocarina of Time, it's pretty fun. Once I found out how to get the shield off (by getting it eaten) it made me react way less by using my Shield to block and instead I try doing more dodging. I feel like it's made me a better fighter actually. :D
Afrohawkman

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 25th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:
Anyone here doing any challenge runs of Zelda games? I'm currently doing a 3 Heart, No Shield and No Biggorn's Sword run of Ocarina of Time, it's pretty fun. Once I found out how to get the shield off (by getting it eaten) it made me react way less by using my Shield to block and instead I try doing more dodging. I feel like it's made me a better fighter actually. :D

I am doin a 3 heart run of OoT I"m at the Fire Temple right now cuz I chose to finish up he heart pieces in my original MQ run and I started another MQ run so I can get the dungeons down.

Also dose beating up Majora in MM without the Fierce Deity Mask count? I have it but I just didn't use it. I also made a file in TP where I abused a glitch to have the wooden sword and I"m using that.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Bowserknight » July 25th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Favourite game: Link's Awakening, first one I played, Second one I finished.

Favourite helper: Spirit Tracks Zelda.

Favourite Link: OoT/MM Link

Favourite Girl: Marin

Favourite Boss: Either OoT Ganon, Phantom Linebeck, or Nightmare.

Favourite Item: Hookshot/Clawshot/grappling hook/whip.
Bowserknight

Postby Seven Rain » July 25th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Damn you for making this thread while I was at work. I'll have a big post for this later, right now I need to play GAAAAAMES.
Sonic-ock wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Wheres the swear jar.

Look, I'll say whatever the HECK I want whenever I dingle DARN well please!
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 25th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Ok I do NOT have the patience to do that freakin fishing game for those heart pieces in OoT.

Damn fish. Only need 6 more before I got all of em too......
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » July 25th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Favorite Game
Nostalgia = Ocarina of Time
Face value = Majora's Mask.
Those would be very closely followed by like, all of the rest of the series. ('Cept the first one, oddly enough. Link to the Past was my first Zelda game, and going back to the first always feels like playing a vastly inferior LttP, which causes me to lose interest in minutes.)

I guess Oracle of Seasons will probably always hold an extra special place in my heart, even though at face value I love games like LttP and WW just as much.
Oracle of Seasons was just one of those games, man... The kind that wasn't just an amazing game I happened to try out one day... It captured my heart long before it came out, and me and my friends were all obsessed over it. A game like Paper Mario and Kingdom Hearts, that I would seek out new Game Informer, (well in this case and the case of Paper Mario, Nintendo Power,) magazines like crack to get more info for, and wait and wait and wait for a release date, building to a blissful feeling of "I can't believe I'm finally playing this gaaaaame!"
To date it's the only Zelda to truly feel this way for me other than OoT, which only felt that way because I got an N64 long after everyone else, and always dreamed of the day I'd get to finally play it.
And it's a feeling that Versus XIII has been building up to as well.

I don't hate Navi like most people do, but Midna is my fave.
For... Multiple reasons... One of which I won'ttalkaboutbutnowit'sobviousanyways.

Favorite Link
Young Link from the N64 games. (I guess LttP Link kinda counts too, even though he's not the same Link.) I love Toon Link, but he felt a bit too dopey, whereas Young Link has serious cojones for a kid his age, Triforce of Courage or not. Especially in Majora's Mask. As a nerd and 90's guy, the ideal adventure hero for me has always been a courageous youth. Young Link was the very essence of such a hero.

After that it's Toon Link for sure.

A tie between Zelda and Cremia. (That's right, Cremia. Not Malon. You know why.)
Favorites aside, I ship Link x Everyone, and disregarding canon; Young Link x Everyone. (But I totes ship Toon Link and Tetra.)

Favorite Boss
ARGH SO HARD TO DECIDE.
I can't pick just one, but several of mine would be Volvagia, Agahnim, Ganondorf and Ganon from OoT, Ganondorf from WW, and Onox in his Dark Dragon form;
THAT fight blew me away more than anything else in the portable Zelda games.

Favorite game exclusive item(Lens of truth, Pegasus boots, gale boomerang)
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- Another hard one to decide. I really love the items that let you alter your play style and/or the game itself and do odd things that equipment just doesn't do, like the Masks in Majora's Mask, and the Magic Rings in Oracle of Seasons. Playing as a Subrosian was so fun.

Other than that I really loved Din's Fire, the Spinner from TP, oh! And the decorations in WW! Being able to put trippy plants and flags and sculptures all over some of the islands was a pleasant surprise for me.
Sonic-ock wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Wheres the swear jar.

Look, I'll say whatever the HECK I want whenever I dingle DARN well please!
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » July 25th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Seven Rain wrote:One of which I won'ttalkaboutbutnowit'sobviousanyways.

Spoiler! :
It's cuz she has teh boobies

Added new question. Favorite Dungeon.

Forest temple in OoT and I loved the Tower of the Gods in WW.
RyoSoulreaper

Next

Return to Video Games