Dragon Ball Z

Re: Dragon Ball Z

Postby Seven Rain » June 12th, 2016, 12:27 am

Soft Dorito wrote:Hey I didn't notice this thread! :D I've been playing Xenoverse for a few months now on PS3 (my friend bought it for me for Christmas since she played it on PC and wanted someone to talk to about it XD ). It's fun but jay-zus the controls are a little wonky. Sometimes I have to press buttons a couple of times to get a response.

I'm playing a human character. I made her very smol. It's making me laugh because in some scenes she's shorter than Krillin.

I don't know why I'm surprised to hear that you've been playing it! It's definitely flawed but still one of the best foundations the franchise has had in gaming in a long time, just knowing it's getting built onto with a sequel has me giddy. I agree with the controls being weird. It's hard going from Tenkaichi 3 to Xenoverse and vice-versa.

I've made a ton of characters but the only one I've really invested much time into is a Reina insert. I'm still not sure if I want to simply create her again for Xenoverse 2 or try something else for my main CAC. Guess it partially depends on how much gets added to the creation system.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » June 13th, 2016, 11:15 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Soft Dorito wrote:Hey I didn't notice this thread! :D I've been playing Xenoverse for a few months now on PS3 (my friend bought it for me for Christmas since she played it on PC and wanted someone to talk to about it XD ). It's fun but jay-zus the controls are a little wonky. Sometimes I have to press buttons a couple of times to get a response.

I'm playing a human character. I made her very smol. It's making me laugh because in some scenes she's shorter than Krillin.

I don't know why I'm surprised to hear that you've been playing it! It's definitely flawed but still one of the best foundations the franchise has had in gaming in a long time, just knowing it's getting built onto with a sequel has me giddy. I agree with the controls being weird. It's hard going from Tenkaichi 3 to Xenoverse and vice-versa.

I've made a ton of characters but the only one I've really invested much time into is a Reina insert. I'm still not sure if I want to simply create her again for Xenoverse 2 or try something else for my main CAC. Guess it partially depends on how much gets added to the creation system.

Well I never played Tenkaichi, but I did watch my brother play as far back as the first Budokai game on PS2. He told me then that the controls were wonked, but I figured they'd have fixed it by now. XD But yeah, from what I remember of the earlier games, this one is a higher level. Like, it has it's own story! Instead of following the show with some fun/silly stuff in between (like Cell having a nightmare that he absorbed Krillin instead of 18 and looked just like him - I remember that pretty well). And I always like to see Future!Trunks again (I heard he'll be in DB Super soon!!!)

I've only got my smol Shell (though my bud drew her with that one side shaved look, in the game she's got that short 18 hair. XD Maybe they'll have an import feature in the next game.
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » June 14th, 2016, 3:06 pm

First look at Xenoverse 2's gameplay:

It's looking really good. The differences are subtle, but they're there. Though it's hard to tell how much of it is new gameplay features or how much of it is unique to the characters, since they're newcomers.

I wish they'd show us more of the character creation, though. Supposedly they're boasting a lot more depth and content in terms of character creation, but I've grown tired of believing Bamco's promises until seeing it firsthand.

*EDIT*
Also I guess I should take a moment to get pumped because FUCK YEAH, FIRST GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE AND WE GET TO SEE TURLES!
Everyone loves Future Gohan but I'm such a fanboy of the movie villains, seeing Turles so soon is fucking awesome. If Janemba makes it in I'll lose my shit.

*EDIT*
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrele ... _AT_E3.php
I really hope this article isn't making shit up because some of it is stuff I haven't heard mentioned anywhere else but sounds really awesome. Like having a real local versus mode, and having different mission rewards based on your CAC's race.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » January 13th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Guys, since Xenoverse 2 has been confirmed to come to the Switch, are stats still tied to your gear? Is there some fashion armor slot?
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » January 13th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Guys, since Xenoverse 2 has been confirmed to come to the Switch, are stats still tied to your gear? Is there some fashion armor slot?

It's kinda the other way around. Instead of a Fasion Slot there's a slot for things called "QQ Bangs", which you make by putting together pieces of armor with mix items, that give you set stats and remove the stats of your outfit. It's pretty rad. A QQ BAng is basically like the stats of one piece of gear, but times 4, so you can use that for stats and then wear whatever you want.

Beerus Clothes + Beerus Clothes + Hercule Badge (Legendary) or Senzu Beansprout.
Heart Suit + Heart Suit + Hercule Badge (Legendary) or Senzu Beansprout.

Those are the only QQ Bang recipes you'll ever need, though they're late-game stuff that are expensive to make, so it doesn't hurt to experiment and make temporary ones to hold you over until you can make those. Generally you want boosts to Ki and Stamina. They're more influenced by gear stats than attacks are.
Both of the aforementioned recipes give +5 to Ki and Stamina. (Beerus Clothes give another +5 to Ki Blast Supers, while the Heart Suit one gives +5 to Health. The other three stats are -5.)
I basically dumped all my level up stats into Health and Basic Attack, then use the Beerus QQ Bang to even the rest out.

Spoiler! :
I'm so torn on it, though. Xenoverse 2 is like my favorite DBZ game ever but I've Platinum Trophy'd the PS4 version. I don't know if I can handle starting over on Switch.

Spoiler! :
Plus online is so laggy that it probably wouldn't be worth getting to fight you guys unless they improve the online infrastructure for the Wii U version or something.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » June 9th, 2017, 9:27 am

WHOA, this looks awesome! I'm bummed there's no trailer yet.
I'm not usually a fan of 2D DBZ fighters, and the one on 3DS wasn't fun at all when I tried out the demo, but this looks like DBZ with GGXrd graphics and that is SO HYPE.
Seven Rain

Previous

Return to Video Games