Dragon Ball Z

Re: Dragon Ball Z

Postby XxVanitasXx » March 24th, 2015, 2:50 am

Seven Rain wrote:Yeah, definitely gonna be tons of assist characters. I need more glimpses of gameplay and mechanics, though, it's killing me not knowing more! I'm still reluctant to even buy into my own hype considering how bad I am at most 2D fighters and how little I care about the majority of 2D DBZ fighters, but damn this game is driving me wild. I guess it's safe to say the fact that we know so little is exactly why this game has so much of my interest.

Right? I can also see that once this game is out, sprites will most definitely be ripped from the game and applied to many things like comics and M.U.G.E.N.

Okay one disappointing thing about Xenoverse's story would be them skipping right to the Cell Games. There was SO MUCH they could have done with the androids, imperfect forms of Cell etc.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » March 24th, 2015, 12:43 pm

XxVanitasXx wrote:Okay one disappointing thing about Xenoverse's story would be them skipping right to the Cell Games. There was SO MUCH they could have done with the androids, imperfect forms of Cell etc.

Honestly if I was bummed about any missed story stuff it would be Namek saga, but since they went with weird time shenanigans I gave the missing story chunks a pass. There's always a chance for sequels to fill in other stuff.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » March 27th, 2015, 1:44 am

Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » April 22nd, 2015, 10:13 am

Yes along with SSJGSSJ Goku and Vegeta, moves, outfits and Elder Kai mentor.

Maybe it's too early to talk about this but, if Xenoverse 2 would be made (which would be amazing) what would you expect from it? Like, improvements, adding new stuff etc.
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » April 22nd, 2015, 5:43 pm

XxVanitasXx wrote:what would you expect from it?

Ergh, I've always had an aversion to speculation sans rare cases, especially with DBZ games that love to take mixes of steps forwards and back.
I can however talk about what I hope for; Which is obviously more characters, more CAC options, more offline options, (like difficulty settings, timer options, etc.) and some muhfuggin online balance and cheater/hacker removal. I don't want to touch multiplayer until I know it's safe to expect good fights instead of exploits and hackers.

I do think it's safe to expect a sequel, though. That's some speculation I won't hesitate to comment on. Xenoverse is one of the biggest DBZ games in forever, both in development and in reception and sales. It's practically a revival of the DBZ game scene in gamers who hated on Spike's post-BT3 releases. On top of that the end of Xenoverse teased a sequel, so I think it's safe to assume Bamco plans on sticking Dimps back in that Xenoverse seat.
Seven Rain

Postby XxVanitasXx » April 24th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Which is obviously more characters, more CAC options

Since it's Dimps, they should bring in characters/transformations from Dragon Ball Heroes, that is like the treasure horde for characters. More CAC options yes, like give saiyans tails as an option. Makes you wonder if they just got lazy and recycled human models for saiyans.
XxVanitasXx

Postby James-James » April 24th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Figured I'd share this here, as I find it very interesting. A series of blog posts on Dragonball manga art. I've always been fond of Toriyama's earlier style during the original Dragonball series, and these posts do a good job in articulating a lot of what makes his stuff so good.
James-James

Postby XxVanitasXx » May 24th, 2015, 1:09 pm

So now that PC modding is a thing in Xenoverse, of course everyone's modding saiyans. Not gonna deny the quality of mods tho.

Seriously tho, where the majin mods at? Especially female ones.
XxVanitasXx

Postby XxVanitasXx » July 30th, 2015, 2:31 am

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

There's a Xenoverse survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H56SQWS
XxVanitasXx

Postby Seven Rain » May 17th, 2016, 10:04 am

Xenoverse 2 is happening!

The official site is still broken, and the teaser doesn't show off much, but it's still hype!
Movie/TV Special and OG Dragon Ball characters, no last-gen releases or big graphics overhauls to tie up development, just months and months worth of new content and hopefully some polished gameplay and more features.

I was beginning to worry we wouldn't be getting this, what with Bamco pushing out stuff like Extreme Butoden and that weird fusion game, but I'm pumped to see an actual sequel to something for the first time since Raging Blast 2. This series thrives on sequels. Can't wait to see how much has changed between games.
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » May 17th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Xenoverse 2 is happening!

The official site is still broken, and the teaser doesn't show off much, but it's still hype!
Movie/TV Special and OG Dragon Ball characters, no last-gen releases or big graphics overhauls to tie up development, just months and months worth of new content and hopefully some polished gameplay and more features.

I was beginning to worry we wouldn't be getting this, what with Bamco pushing out stuff like Extreme Butoden and that weird fusion game, but I'm pumped to see an actual sequel to something for the first time since Raging Blast 2. This series thrives on sequels. Can't wait to see how much has changed between games.

I'll say the same thing that I did on the general gaming thread, if I want to justify buying another console for that, they better make at least the clothing not affect stats.
Raging Ghost

Postby maelstrom51210 » May 17th, 2016, 10:35 pm

It looks like they're putting in more movie characters. I just hope they'll add in some characters from the original Dragon Ball.
maelstrom51210

Postby Seven Rain » May 18th, 2016, 1:18 am

Raging Ghost wrote:I'll say the same thing that I did on the general gaming thread, if I want to justify buying another console for that, they better make at least the clothing not affect stats.

There's no telling what all has changed, but that would definitely be a welcome change. I'd love to have a chance to play some Xenoverse 2 with ya!
Especially since I'm not grabbing the Steam version this time.

maelstrom51210 wrote:It looks like they're putting in more movie characters. I just hope they'll add in some characters from the original Dragon Ball.

I'm sure we're getting Dragon Ball! The teaser/countdown site had tons of artwork floating around on it, including DBZ movie posters and Dragon Ball compilation/movie posters.
Seven Rain

Postby Reggie Fan » June 3rd, 2016, 2:25 am

Dragon Ball Z is one of the greatest things man kind has created.
They say you are what you eat but I don't remember eating such a freaking legend.
Reggie Fan

Postby Soft Dorito » June 11th, 2016, 11:19 pm

Hey I didn't notice this thread! :D I've been playing Xenoverse for a few months now on PS3 (my friend bought it for me for Christmas since she played it on PC and wanted someone to talk to about it XD ). It's fun but jay-zus the controls are a little wonky. Sometimes I have to press buttons a couple of times to get a response.

I'm playing a human character. I made her very smol. It's making me laugh because in some scenes she's shorter than Krillin.

Raging Ghost wrote:I'll say the same thing that I did on the general gaming thread, if I want to justify buying another console for that, they better make at least the clothing not affect stats.

Saaaaame. What's the point of making a character if I have to make her dress like a canon one, especially if it makes her design look crappy (orange does not mix with her hair color, for one)?

I really wish we could get some more varied hair styles, too. I'm not expecting that side-head shaved look (I've only seen it in Bioware and the Fallout games), but maybe a long haired look that isn't Yamcha? Getting a lot of Bulma's was helpful, though. XD
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games